Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

We spent a lot of money at Costco today

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You did good though! What game(s) did you get with the PS4?

Just Trials so far, but I have all the PS+ games downloaded already. I'll probably get Watchdogs just so I have something to play on it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MA-Horus posted:

Or you could get a Keurig and a reusable filter cup? Though I do find that the coffee that way is a little weak.

Apparently the newer Keurigs have some kind of cup DRM that prevents stuff like this from working (for now until someone finds a way around it) or some kinda nonsense like that.

I don't really care how anyone makes their coffee or anything personally but thats pretty silly.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

canyoneer posted:

I saw those this week. Those are :krad:. I want the stormtrooper paisley ones

I just want the big storm trooper head ones but they don't have them in adult sizes

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

RCarr posted:

I just bought it as well. I've never seen the first. Is that ok? Should I watch that first or does it not really matter?

If you mean like plotwise, no. The second one kinda throws the plot from the first one out the window in the first couple minutes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nonono

Turkey and Beam are not bottom shelf. They aren't great, but they aren't Ol' Smuggler or anything.

Edit: apparently old smuggler is bad scotch. I meant Old Grandad

FishBulb has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Jul 18, 2014

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avshalom posted:

Rather than two average-sized breasts, I have twelve tiny breasts arranged in clusters like a fly's eye. They allow me to lactate accurately within a 360 degree radius.

Can you post a picture of the anime figurine you're talking about instead of just transcribing some of the text from the box?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I bought a hybrid for tooling around my neighborhood with my 9 year old and it's been exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a beach cruiser, and I don't want to be the dad on a serious road bike circling through the cul de sacs either. If I thought I was ever going to own a pair of bicycle shorts, I would have purchased a proper road bike.

Yup same, except my kid is younger, but seriously, when I feel like investing in padded bicycle diapers and jerseys then I'll get a 'real' bike or something, but for riding with my kid to the park down the street this 200 dollar piece of poo poo I got from Target is just fine.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Inzombiac posted:

I've seen those robo cooking devices before but what is their deal? Do they just circulate water or what? $20 is cheap enough for me to get one.

They circulate it and keep it at a precise temperature so you can cook things very slowly.

And if you see one for 20 dollars jump on it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I make iced coffee in an old jar of pasta sauce

Can anybody link me that original thing in question. I'm curious.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Tea Bone posted:

What's the benefit of this over chilling regular coffee?

I can't speak for that thing specifically but there have been a number of "cold brew" systems in the part, I think the most known one is called "the toddy." Basically it's all chemical science about how the beans react with different temperature water, cold water takes a lot longer to brew coffee than hot water is the easiest way to look at it. It tastes different. I don't want to say its "less bitter" or it creates different flavor notes or whatever but it just tastes different.

You can do it yourself at home with a French press or an old pasta sauce jar or something. Just mix some ground coffee with cold water and let it sit for 12+ hours and then filter it. It creates a strong concentrated coffee you can thin with ice or water or milk.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whatever happened to that guy who was always posting his new I-Like-The-Army murder toys and talking about how he needs it to live in Israel?

He got killed all his weapons weren't enough to protect him

from a car accident

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Cuniculous posted:

Because I want everyone who comes to my apartment to know how sophisticated I am.

Is it a door mat? Where did you get it?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You guys should check out my sweet switchblade comb.

I have a plastic one, I don't give no fucks it's stupid as hell but I love it for exactly that reason

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SgtScruffy posted:

This mask. So I can go as this tonight:

Holy
poo poo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Costco is like 50 bucks a year or 100 for the one where you get 2% back. Dunno about Sam's Club that poo poo sucks

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

madpanda posted:

This appears to be one piece, how does it work?

Is this for soaps or creams as well?

Soaps I think you put them where the holes are and put hot water in it to heat it up. I mean creams might work but the lack of a solid base like the soaps would probably mean you would waste a lot.

I've been wet shaving for years and just use a little bowl though. All that fancy stuff is overkill.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

colas posted:

How many times do you old fashioned razor users butcher your faces before getting the hang of it? I heard my grandfather used to nick himself even though that's all he ever used. I kinda wanna try it but I also just got a costco pack of mach 3 refills.

Nah. Not with those razors. I've used those for years and never really cut myself. Now a straight razor is another story.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

colas posted:

sorry, which razors? The feather de? and when you say straight edge you mean this right -

Most of the razors I've seen people posting have been double edged disposable safety razors (that Merkur someone posted etc...) they aren't very cutty. Sometimes you might get a little razor burn.

But yeah straight razors like that thing there are pretty easy to cut yourself with if you don't know what you're doing. They're an entire other level.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TraderStav posted:

Picked up this inexpensive starter telescope to introduce the cosmos to my kids. I've never done any astronomy whatsoever so it'll be a fun journey for me as well. Looked like a stupid deal to pass up for what the reviews say is the best one to get started on. Can't wait for the weather to turn to start!

Can you give me a link to this, my daughter is really into space right now and has been bugging me about a telescope.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're okay but I don't find them fantastically better than other razors. I generally just buy the ones in the red box, I think they're called crystal or something.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

spudsbuckley posted:

What's with all the retro shave stuff recently?

Is this some kind of hipster poo poo?

oh man I hope not!!

bowmore posted:

that's exactly what it is

gently caress! I just wanted to save money, I hate buying those loving Gillette cartridges and poo poo :(

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

kannonfodder posted:

But electric razors have reached a point where if you spend about a hundred bucks, you get practically the same level of shave as all this.

All I know is we really need a drat shaving accessories and techniques thread, as any time there's more than 4 replies in this thread, it's some white noise about blades again.

There is one

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What? Bodington's is great! Ugh

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Criterion is a snobby art film division that usually only releases those kind of movies (like Citizen Kane, Seven Samurai, Armageddon, and the Apu Trilogy etc...) and tends to have excellent special features and sometimes remasters of the movies they release. Sometimes they're the only people that would release a movie sometimes not but I can't think of too many movies they've released where there's a better version put out by another studio.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alhazred posted:

Armageddon, a snobby art film.

Well Criterion released it so :shrug:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

WaltherFeng posted:

I live in a country where studies have shown that tap water potentially has 100 times less microbes than bottled water. That and there has never been a recorded case of a killer brain amoeba here either. So I do find it amusing when people freak about water.

In the US people run for government office on a platform of "let's deregulate the water supply!" And win.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TraderStav posted:

He may be, but don't make the mistake that I did and get him the Disney Infinity. That game stinks, especially for a kid who is just getting into gaming. There's no structure and they get frustrated or bored easily. Skylanders on easy mode is just a button mash with minimal navigation needed but he will need to be able to do some 3D jumping around and will likely need your help at 4.

Best bet is just to stick to Mario Kart. Let him get in last for a year and he'll come around. I was so proud when my son was 5 and started coming in top 5 out of nowhere.

Yeah, we bought a Wii U this year and we got our daughter who is 6 DI and she doesn't give a poo poo about it at all. She was kind of excited at first because you know, ELSA but that didn't last long. Its barely a game. Saving us bucks on figures though. She loves Mario Kart and 3D World though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I bought a 12 oz bottle of beer for 6 dollars because I'm a loving dummy

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you at a music concert?

Nope!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Was it from Belgium?

It's Founder's KBS. I guess it's super limited and I'll probably say "this was not worth 6 dollars a bottle" when I drink it, I do like their other stouts though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

door Door door posted:

Got two. Can confirm it was worth it.

It was okay, I feel like perhaps if i didn't know it was 6 bucks I might have liked it more

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But see its Canadian because something something maple syrup

I liked it better than the kbs honestly, but really their regular Breakfast stout is great and a fine breakfast beverage

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah it's pretty good. I guess they have some kind of nitro that isn't a stout but I've never seen it here in kansouri

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have an old Oral B electric brush. Is the thing a huge increase in quality over it? I've probably had it for like 5 years so I dunno if magic electric toothbrush technology has massively improved or anything.

It looks pretty cool.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Totally TWISTED posted:

Also this will be in my wife's butt later.

Or his own don't judge

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

David Copperfield posted:

How much did it cost?

I think it's like 300 bucks

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I waited a couple hours to eat at Hot Doug's once. It wasn't worth it, even the duck fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Argyle posted:

Finally getting into the sous vide game:

Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator, was $99 today with promo code ANOVAONE. Lowest price ever, probably.

Was?

Edit. Still is. Might buy. Thanks

edit: Did buy now I need to figure out what to do with it.

FishBulb has a new favorite as of 05:02 on May 31, 2015