Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

"I ain't eatin' no fuckin' Hillel food, fuckin' brown people, that's fuckin' sick, that poo poo's bad for ya"

*takes bite of Big Mac, finishes second jumbo Coke*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I post in the meme thread a lot, so I'm gonna have to insist on shibe/shibes/shibeself as my identifiers. Copyright FAI 2014 do not steal.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ProperGanderPusher posted:

For a bit of extra context, that picture was posted by an ex-teacher of mine who loves reminding people that she's a member of Mensa. Half her posts are macros from gently caress yeah books or I loving love science.

Mensa is a club where you pay annual dues for the privilege of doing crossword puzzles with other dorks once a month

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

trapped mouse posted:

In case anyone thinks scorpiobean is exaggerating:

Is the "energy bucket" full of spoons, by any chance?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

If you think HFCS tastes noticeably different than cane sugar its likely just in your head.

You did not just say that :argh:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I hope he shaves Vanilla Ice lines in his hair again :c00l:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

LoonShia posted:

I wonder. How does it feel to be so wrong?

Every time I try it it's definitely not enjoyable and is also very difficult. Usually after a while my wife stops me and says "let me do that before you hurt your back"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I wonder what the next "girls won't have sex with me because they're bitches" rationalization will be? Will bell bottoms come back into style and give us a chance to relive the glory days of Ladder Theory? Or will it be something new and even loving dumber?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Orgophlax posted:

EDIT:
There is no such thing as the friend zone. Let it go.

Well, what else do you call it when you are nice to a girl and she doesn't sleep with you in return, Mr. Smartypants?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
For a person who sincerely believes in the friendzone, any oral sex at all is the best oral sex ever.

Also, will someone post the classic "hey Hot Topic clerk, you haven't blocked me or deleted your Facebook account, so will you be my goddess?" Facebook messages, please?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

schizo penguin posted:

I'm a little late, but Kevin Trudeau is a legendary scam artist who was FINALLY sentenced to 10 years in prison in March. He was first incarcerated for fraud in 1990, so he's been scamming people for 25+ years with multiple cures, MLMs, and infomercials.

You may be a little late, but join all of us nonetheless in the giant group hug that is our mutual thought of "loving FINALLY"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Alpacalips Now posted:

We're a bunch of sheeple too busy braying about the Hobby Lobby ruling to understand this country's REAL health issue. Think of the men who have a little bit of skin removed from their penises. They're the ones truly suffering here.

It's not a medical procedure. You can have it done at any auto body shop or office supply store.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Great, another tipping derail

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Idiots on Social Media: there isn't any deodorants for the crotch as far as I know

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Not weird or odd, but unique snowflakes like everyone else

~SHARE IF U AGREE~

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Elfface posted:

They don't use barcodes because they're the mark of the beast.

Hobby Lobby uses barcodes like any other retail store. I'm not sure why people think they don't.

Anyway, crazy fundamentalist Christians' beef with the mark of the beast is all about people being marked, not merchandise.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Bored posted:

From Hobby Lobby's website:

:confused:

I was just at a Hobby Lobby last month, and bought a mirror. There's a barcode on it, which the cashier scanned at the register to ring me up.

Did I go to some bootleg Korean Hobby Lobby by mistake, where lasers are permitted?

Or was I at Hoppy Lobby?

Maybe they used to have an anti-barcode policy at some point in the past, but I imagine inventory control at such a big store would be very difficult without them. Nearly everything in the store has a barcode already on it (except for weird stuff like big furniture and custom frames), even individual stems of fake flowers.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
It's certainly part of their corporate culture--there are signs on the entrance doors that say something to the effect of "We are closed on Sundays out of respect for our family's religious beliefs."

At any rate, I'm sure I'm not the only one whose Facebook feed is full of "SORRY OBAMA, PAYING TAXES IS AGAINST MY RELIGION! IT WORKED FOR HOBBY LOBBY!" poo poo that's driving me nuts. I don't use it very often, so it piles up quickly, and the worst of the poo poo rises to the top of the heap over and over because people keep re-posting it.

Most of these idiots have no idea what the gently caress "paying taxes" means. Are they referring to local property taxes, which make sure your kids can go to school and your water is safe to drink? State sales taxes, which pay to maintain the goddamn roads to the backwater dirt-hole you call a hometown? Federal income taxes?

These same shitheads like to bitch about how "illegals don't pay taxes," and get all mad when I tell them that anytime "an illegal" buys something in our state, he or she pays loving taxes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I...I think I just had a stroke.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

canyoneer posted:

The funny thing about this one is that there's a gene that influences how cilantro tastes to people
So part of why some people hate cilantro is because they are one of the unlucky few who it objectively tastes horrible to. Sucks for them, because cilantro is delicious for us superhumans who it doesn't taste gross to!

When my blueprints were submitted, they gave me "will hate cilantro" but took out "is allergic to brown recluse spider venom," so I'm a winner who hates homemade salsa but won't lose a limb to ballooning extremities if bitten by a particular nasty loving spider :c00l:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Income earned from illegal activities is still taxable income :argh:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
What's the deal? Do they think she's a cyborg or a wizard or something that put a hex on the Portuguese team?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If it's okay with you guys and gals, I'm going to go ahead and keep believing they think she's a wizard.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

TinTower posted:

Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.

Bohemian Grove isn't a loving conspiracy, it's just a bunch of rich white dudes having a party in the woods. Sometimes the media do mention it, but white guys partying is seldom newsworthy.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ewww, who likes their own posts?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Baronjutter posted:

why the gently caress does it matter if that legal assistant or subway manager smokes a bit of pot?

Among the obvious CYA reasons listed above, because we stigmatize drug use to make ourselves feel superior.

"I make honest money working at the foundry from 8-4 every day so when I come home I can finish a case of Keystone while I watch TV until I pass out in my recliner, and goddamnit, I ain't no fuckin' hippie pothead like those fuckers on welfare who use their food stamps to buy drugs. Fuckin' Obama."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The_Rob posted:

I'm a poor white male as well, and I get financial aid. I always love when I bring up financial aid to people and they go but your white how did you get it? I signed up for it and got it like literally anyone else.

The federal financial aid system is really good for the most part--if you're trying to go to school and can't afford it, they'll go out on a limb and help for free so long as you fill out the appropriate paperwork every year (and you can do it online if you want). There are tons of grants and loans available to virtually all U.S. citizens, so it kills me when people are like "I can't afford to get a degree and they won't give me no financial aid 'cause I'm white." Yes, they will, you goober. gently caress, even if you can afford to pay for tuition and fees, they might throw in a grant or a low-interest loan to help with books and supplies.

The only thing I'd change is that you're still considered a dependent of your parents until the age of 24 for financial aid purposes, so their incomes are considered when you file. I know too many people who left a bad home at a young age and are trying to make it on their own who've gotten turned down for aid because they either couldn't supply their parents' proof of income/tax returns or their parents' incomes were too high. One of the only ways around the rule is to have the state recognize you as homeless. :rolleyes:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Bored posted:

Wait. Is this actually a thing? Are people honestly under the impression that you can only get financial aid if you're a minority?

Yeah, idiots lump financial aid into the same pile as welfare, food stamps, WIC, etc. It's all "fukken handouts to minorities who refuse to work for a living" to those people.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

4/10, needs more bevels and superfluous quotation marks.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"that loving couch"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

People should just eat sugar free gummy bears instead. It would at least taste better going down. They provide reviews like this:

"It all started the day prior when my sugar tooth persuaded me to eat 2 handfuls of these sugar-free delights. Fast forward 15 hours 23 minutes and 44 seconds, the world shook. All hell broke loose inside me, a sudden headache, my skin began to perspire and something tore around in my abdomen with force enough to make me latch onto my couch with both hands and let out a sheer cry that sent my dog retreating into the bedroom, she probably knew the battle was already lost. I tried to make for the bathroom but the pressure was so intense I had to wait it out on the couch until a lapse in the gut-busting occurred and I regained control of my muscles. It took only moments before the volcano Mt Anus had blown its top. The air quickly turned poisonous from the methane and sulfuric fumes that spewed forth. Violence and terror are understatements of what happened for the next 45 minutes. I sustained 3rd degree burns from contact with the lava that flowed abruptly from my bowels, my blood pressure was at record levels, and my body mass was reduced by 4 lbs. After ample ventilation of the crime scene I quickly took a shower and changed clothes because the powerful fumes had soaked through the fabric and into the skin. I almost had a mental breakdown in the shower after realizing those little gummy bears had nearly defeated such a man that I thought I was. I can now hardly bare to look forward through the night-terrors and PTSD that will come of this horrid event. . ."

Forty-five minutes is a pretty conservative estimate. "Better part of a day" is more accurate.

Seriously, stay away from sugar-free gummy bears unless you have a clear event calendar and a bathroom to yourself.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BobFossil posted:

pedophobe.

Um, it's "ephebophobe" :smug:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Don Gato posted:

The Constitution was ratified in 1788, the only thing signed in 1776 was the Declaration of Independence but they're totally the same thing :histdowns:

Ask any American--the Constitution, the Articles of Confederation, the Bill of Rights, and the Manifest Destiny are all the same thing. Oh, and the Congress and the Legislature are the two houses of the Senate.

We would all fail our own citizenship test so loving hard

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RoeCocoa posted:

We have met the idiot, and he is us.

No, it's real--I found a news story about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

LaserBaconMan posted:

The best part of this whole thing?

I used to think Ragny was an insufferable rear end in a top hat, but he just loving redeemed himself. Good god, that's amazing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Slickdrac posted:

Not as bad as a genocide, but similar to Hitler.

If you mean that a bullet in his head would make millions of people happy, yes

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Met posted:

Who the gently caress is Jon Tron?

:wtc:

A big fat dramaqueen idiot who talks about video games on the Internet. He was 50% of Game Grumps (an Internet show where two friends talk over videogames) for a while before ~DRAMA~ happened and he ragequit an Internet show. Favorite topics include Banjo Kazooie, why Banjo Kazooie is awesome, and why this game sucks because it's not Banjo Kazooie.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Do yourself a favor and read poo poo like this in Diabetus's dork voice from this retsupurae video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxyNS6dO0XE

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"geopardy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

made of bees posted:

It's been a while since my great-aunt posted some racist poo poo. I thought someone might have convinced her to cut it out, then last night I saw this.

gently caress! We'd better quit messing around in the Middle East! What if I have a problem logging onto AOL?

• Locked thread