Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Comrade Bear enjoying vodka with Boris

If drive, no problem

Election very serious somber moment

Typical children garden

Life hard in russia even for baby

Even in russia we wear designer boots

gently caress you latvia xa xa xa

Lies of kapitalist pigs, russian womens age graceful

In cold of winter, Russian Man knows how to fight hypothermia:

Russian children going to lyceum.

Be careful where park in Saint Petersburg Leningradskaya

:stare: That dude sitting in the fire lookin all :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Gorilla Salad posted:

NASA went and made an incredible real colour panorama from the Curiosity on Mars.

Image is link - click for original fullsize.

What's amazing about this photo is how much it looks like a place from earth. I think part of our fascination with Mars is that to a degree it feels 'familiar' to people; it's not some airless world or gas giant.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

shadow puppet of a posted:

Post any and all that involve planes engaged in sensual foreplay.

"Do you even lift, bro?"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Obviously skidding around like that is gonna put a lot of wear and tear on the boat tires. From the water molecules scraping against them.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Also known as 'club hauling'. I know they do it in Battleship and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm guessing doing it in real life, with a 40,000t vessel traveling at 33+kts would probably just wrench the bow off from the strain

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Useless posted:

Batter: "Did you catch that??"

Pitcher: *Guffaws*

Batter: "Awww..."

Still one of my favourite gifs ever.

Pretty good setup for a Thug Life clip.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*Misreads IKEA instructions and screws up assembly, throws entire armoire out the window in a rage. *

*dog barks *

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Olympics need an event that consists of women backflipping at each other with excercise balls until one gets knocked over.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:psyduck:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

TheDon01 posted:

Imagine a myostatin gorilla :stare:

It would be a gorilla with the strength of TEN gorillas! :stonk:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why is having an oversized heart so bad? I heard this is common with people that have gigantism. I'd think having a football sized heart would give you excellent circulation for physical activity.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Subvisual Haze posted:

The weird thing about your heart is that it has to supply itself with blood, so it strangely becomes both the supplier and a consumer of oxygenated blood. The human body seems to get confused by this inherent contradiction too, and often responds in counterproductive ways to cardiac output deficiencies. As the muscle tissue on your heart grows, it becomes more difficult for it to oxygenate itself, because it is increasing the demand on itself. Also the body is a bit sloppy in how it stretches out the muscle fibers around an enlarged heart. When normal sized the various muscle bands are lined up in a balanced manner to give good efficient squeezes of the ventricle, but as it stretches out suddenly previously well aligned muscle fibers are no longer lined up perfectly and they have to work a lot harder to accomplish their task. It's the difference between a small but efficiently planned and implemented heart versus a larger slapdash mess working at cross purposes with itself.

That's fascinating. How do other animals manage to pull it off? There is a bigger difference between the smallest and largest dog breeds vs a tiny and giant adult, for example.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

La chancla is a universal deterrent!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

B-Rock452 posted:

Simmunitions are the worst, I was the active shooter in some drills a local police department did a few years ago and I was covered in welts and bruises despite body armor and lots of clothing. I felt pretty badass at first as I was skipping around popping random shots off until I turned a corner and got absolutely lit up by 3 officers. Then we ran the scenario another five times...

I know some airsoft dorks that would love to pepper each other with faux ammo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Clearly a Khorne Crab.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Soulex posted:

Minor league players are typically cool dudes. At least the ones I met were.

Don't minor league players pretty much have to be on food stamps just to support a career in the minor leagues? If so, they're certainly not doing it for the minor league money.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pingiivi posted:

There's probably some way to make that photo even more badass but I can't think of anything.
The bird is actually the rally car driver, the human just navigates.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

TRIPLE KILL :black101:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

sneakyfrog posted:

well i suppose its good she lost hard as gently caress today :france:

Thank goodness.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

hawowanlawow posted:

What difference does it make how the trees sense that they're touching? Whether it's gas, friction, or light sensitivity, the trees are still sensing each other and not growing into each other.

Maybe it is to prevent the tree's own seedlings from getting inhibited by the parent tree? By creating gaps in the canopy, young trees could at least get a foothold. If the trees are relatively slow growing then perhaps it is a way to give their own offspring an advantage instead of having a growth race when a dead tree falls down (just spitballing here)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DandyLion posted:

Hey my dudes whats HAPPENING

Gaps in the canopy, making goons confused and angry! Wanna fight about it?!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Every day is leg day. Left leg day.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Comptroll The Forums posted:

How does something look like a giant fart? You got pungent green clouds wafting out your poo poo hole, maybe you should change your diet just sayin

Maybe he poofs out clouds of dust to blind and confuse predators like an octopus does?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
In general it seems like armor is useless except vs those inertial spinners since there's a good chance they'll self destruct in such fashion.

Even better is when you take 2 spinners and have them face off against each other (like Nightmare vs Wyachi I believe)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Nordick posted:

In other news here is the most badass-looking goddamn horse I have ever seen.

The expression on the guy says, "Kill [those ants]"

Poor Freckles, thought of ants and got hired at Orkin.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

This reminds me of the bit in the 300 graphic novel where Leonidas muses that the climb down is more difficult.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:black101: "Even in death I still serve"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Nobody mentioned how much easier it is to learn stuff as a kid? When you are young, your brain is more malleable, you are more accustomed to situations where you have to sit and listen and learn. When you are an adult, you've already built up all these bad habits in your mind and learning something completely new takes considerably more effort and patience.

Even the happy retired people I knew resumed hobbies or passions they had when they were young. None just picked up something brand new and went all-out on it to the point they'd make the same progress in five years that a kid would have made.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Nothing more badass than an appropriately tuned fight response:

:byodame: DONT TOUCH MY PURSE! I DONT KNOW YOU!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Maybe they're trying to show that having a lot of loose fat acts like crumple zones on a car to reduce internal injuries?

Or maybe it's sorta like how Hyenas have loose skin on their hindquarters so that if another animal chomps on their rear end their skin has enough give to allow them to twist around and bite back.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

weg posted:

This part lol

Everyone here seems to be enjoying themselves an awful lot *buries self in tits while partner grins approvingly*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BrigadierSensible posted:

Stolen from the funny pictures thread.

Needs Benny Hill music with appropriate *SQUINK* *doodledoodledoodle* *POP*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

wait a minute honey posted:

Is the witch vomiting into the cauldron?

It's just her frizzy hair but the angle and lighting are unfortunate.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Praseodymi posted:

If I remember correctly it's because that's a big lumpy male and can't sneak up on any of the easier prey.

Truly the most :randstare: of all large cats.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Truly the Sonichu of the air force "Gotta go fast"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:bahgawd: "Say my name."
:stonk: "Cheeseburger."
:bahgawd: "You're goddamn right."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Dolphins are probably worse, choosing to bludgeon their victim to death then having sex with the corpse.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

frankee posted:

there was also Photos of the surface of Venus

e:spelling

Apparently one of the first probes that went down there had their batteries die before they landed because the atmosphere was so dense that the parachute slowed the probe down much more than they anticipated.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wonder if there's anything left of that probe?

The housing of the probes to Venus looked like something you'd be sending in the bottom of the Marianas trench,if the Marianas trench was hot enough to melt lead.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I had no idea those sparklers on the launch pad were to ignite the leftover hydrogen. I had always assumed the were what was starting the engines initially, like igniting an Oxy acetylene torch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I also rode a trike ATV around potholed country roads while not wearing a helmet and I have baffled Christendom by continuing to live.