Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Thing bringing every newish Wolfenstein game down for me: Why am I not killing Mecha-Hitler as the final boss?

Because you already killed him in Wolfenstein 3D.
(Blazkowitz has killed a lot of Nazis by this time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

I'm still not entirely sure why the designers shaped it into something resembling a horse when the gameplay has all the characteristics of a rideable mountain goat.

Spiders. They're spiders in cunning disguises.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Secret World. One of the villains is quite aware that killing you is pointless and informs you that hopefully this trap will just keep you out of his hair long enough to finish his scheme.
On another mission your up against several other agents who have the same kind of immortality. You kill them quite a few times each before they decide to give up and do something else.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Leal posted:

Cataclysm DDA: Focus is used to gain xp and also gives bonuses or penalties to combat, and focus is gained by keeping your morale high. What is annoying is that if you set up base to where you need to drive around you'll end up at your destination with poo poo for focus cause its being used up giving you driving xp. One way to keep your morale high while driving though is playing music, so clearly you should just pump some tunes while driving around right?

Just toggle off Driving increases.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

Plus I never did find the awesome button.

It was inside you all along.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's actually a trivial fight, but only if you read the Bestiary entry.
Stand still and throw a Samun bomb at a distant wall. It'll charge the sound and knock itself down, letting you get some nasty hits in. Repeat until dead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gitro posted:

I did, but I'm pretty sure I only have two and I don't think it's enough to carry me through the boss fight.

You should have Superior by now which is 4 charges. If not try other bombs? Grapeshot ought to work too I would have thought.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

[quote="Gitro" post="465459134"

Also if you ask for help (d-pad left/right) outside of combat pawns will give you a buff, and ins combat they'll prioritise healing you IIRC.
[/quote]

And then over time they'll get the Guardian inclination and stop attacking anything.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Perestroika posted:

You would not believe how mad some people got about that. Shooting people was the lamest poo poo, and literally destroying the game forever. Apparently there was even some schism in the community about that, but I never got all to deep into that. :allears:

I want to hear more of this. Please tell me you have some logs saved or something.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You know what'd be even better?

Not recording stats in a player-viewable way at all.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Hist created Argonians by mutating small lizards to make them more human-like (or Mer-like). They might have copied breasts as a cosmetic feature while not really understanding what they were for.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

the developers decided that you shouldn't be getting ammo for your guns in a game called Enter the Gungeon.

They're absolutely correct. Game with a name like that, you shouldn't be getting ammo. It should be unlimited.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Battlefield Napoleon pls. All classes have muzzleloaders accurate to 50m. No aircraft or tanks.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

I guess witcher 3 is a real mehhhhhhh for me, I just can't really explain why I don't like it.

It's alright, we'll be around to burn you for heresy later.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's even worse when, as far as you can tell, you're winning only the fight goes on and on as the enemy refuses to drop and finally you figure out "oh, in supposed to lose this" and have to throw the fight.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In Soul Nomad and the World Eaters there's an unbeatable battle early on in the plot. If you're in New Game+ then it is possible to beat it, at which point you get a nonstandard game over because you just short-circuited the plot. (After the game-over you can continue into new game++, as if you beat the full campaign again)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

How is this a bad thing about the game? Were you expecting a full third route to be added to the game?

It's a good/fun thing. Slightly OT for this thread, but part of the conversation that had been happening.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Magic was shittier back then.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Multiplayer is bad because it involves dealing with other humans. I never play MP.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You need the spire to get a 75+ trainer for Lore.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Durability was a major progression mechanic in FO3. You don't find an assault rifle and now you have an assault rifle, lesser weapons are obsolete. You need to find lots of assault rifles to bring it up to full effectiveness, lengthening the progression. And you're still happy to find another one after that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gitro posted:

Huh, I'm pretty sure I outright killed a few people on my side in those fights and no one cared. I definitely Fus'd a few guys off the bridge while legate whoever was making his big fancy speech before Windhelm and no one cared at all.

Oh they noticed all right. They just didn't want to be next, so they kept their eyes straight ahead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

In what games does a bow hit like a billion nukes?

In Crysis 3 the bow would one-shot the heavily armoured aliens when fully drawn
kinda explainable in that the bow was designed to be used with power armour.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Somfin posted:

Bibs is incapable of understanding

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

Weirdest thing about W1 to me is how differently Triss' personality is written compared to the rest of the series; she comes off more openly manipulative and doesn't have the same charm as in 2 or 3.

W1 Triss is basically Yennefer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You've definitely got to have some degree of empathy to enjoy the story though. Like an ability to engage with fiction on a human level and generally the ability to understand human facial expressions

I have neither of those things and still enjoyed it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

One way to fight the Beast is to get blind drunk. The stun it uses is the 'pain' condition, and being drunk enough makes you immune to pain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

HW2 was okay.

No it wasn't.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Plus, inexplicably, terraria still officially updates. :shepface:

I buy another copy of Terraria every time a major update comes out. If he's not going to take my money I'll just have it give it to him voluntarily.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

As has almost certainly been mentioned before in this thread, Nier: Automata does achievements right.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

edit: Actually my point is moot because I forgot about Maero dragging your ally behind a truck for a few miles...

That was Jessica actually.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Thing dragging down Saint's Row from 2 on: Shaundi being really annoying in one way or the other

SR2 Shaundi was great.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Didn't Morrowind give you a popup when you killed a plot critical NPC explaining that this world is now doomed and you should reload, but you're welcome to keep playing if you want.

Seems an elegant way to get around it. Wonder why they didn't keep doing that.

There was also a 'back path'* to complete the main plot if you'd screwed up the 'proper' sequence. Completely undocumented and no-one in game tells you what to do, but it works.

* mostly involving murdering people and taking their Plot Tokens from their cold dead hands.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Honest complaint. I rode horses for many years and tapping the horse once will NOT get it to gallop. It’ll get the horse to walk slowly, if you tap it again it’s gonna trot and you wanna get out of that to a canter, and two slows and then a quick/hard tap gets horse to gallop. There’s also a very specific timing that you have to do your tapping. Yes I spent way too much time with horses as a kid.

Surely it depends on what commands this specific horse has been trained to. With what you describe being the standard control scheme that trainers in your part of the world train horses in.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd love if by the end of the third game Lara called her university and was just like "This archeology coursework is an absolute arse-ache. Is it too late to switch majors to mass-murder?"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Post poste posted:

I was considering Warframe. Is it still just a series of tube instances with no overworlds?

There's one overworld, the Plains of Eidolon. Still instanced per team, but bigger.
Another is coming on Venus.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

She's an android from ten thousand years in the future with telekinesis, that's capable of moving at extremely high speeds, teleporting, has a robot that shoots laser beams, and whatever else they put in her moveset that we don't know yet. She's not in 'Star Wars character' territory of power discrepancy compared to the rest of the cast, but she's up there to the point that I can't picture any Soul Calibur regular beating her. under any circumstances.

Would she be willing to hurt a Human though?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Also despite being the leader you at no point actually make decisions and either the quest ends and you have nothing to do or you continue to do whatever menial tasks they need. It's really odd.

That's because the 'guild master' position is just a scam they're running on you. I mean, what else would you expect a group of thieves to do?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

IIRC the sun didn't explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OutOfPrint posted:

If and when we get an antediluvian AC that takes place in Isu times we better get rideable dinosaurs. I want to assassinate an ancient alien with as a loving triceratops, Ubisoft!