Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

BioEnchanted posted:

I have the WiiU version of the game, and no classic controller. Wanna talk terrible usage of the WiiU motion controls? Lego City Undercover has you scan for missing collectibles and targets and poo poo by holding the tablet up to the screen so that it overlaps and going into first person like that. It makes me feel like that scene in the 2004 Punisher movie where he straps the trigger to the bomb to Howard's son's hand and makes him hold it at arms length, with the idea being that his arm will tire, drop the trigger and kill him.

I liked that. And also in ZombiU. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samuringa posted:

Mine was Breath of Fire IV. That game was bleak. Fou-Lu, the last boss isn't even the real bad guy; the dude who commits tons of atrocities during the game just gets off scot-free, and planning to do even more.

Your post reminded me that a significant amount of the game is dedicated to finding Nina's sister until you reach a dungeon that seems to be made entirely of flesh - and a deity's flesh at that. You have to cut your way through it with a special sword made specifically for tearing through that kind of being until you reach a room where the woman is lying in a bed. Turns out she was the dungeon, as she removes her covers and her lower half is an abominable mess. The party member who was tasked as the bodyguard of the royal family is left behind and has to execute her with the same weapon you've been using during the dungeon. And that's thanks to her being experimented on by the real Big Bad.

what

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Breath of Fire 3 and 4 went in weird and ambitious directions after the first two pretty bland games in the series.

Apparently! I think I rented the first one and wasn’t impressed. Kinda sad now.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

muscles like this! posted:

I've been replaying Bloodborne and got to the section I really hated the first time around too, the Forbidden Forest. A lot of the time it feels like you're not really progressing anywhere and are just kind of wandering around aimlessly. Also I'm not fond of the snake monsters because it's really hard to get a good read on what exactly their range is.

Worst section of the game, imo. The big ones have a range of "can I see you?" The tiny ones have a pretty small range, and the snake-heads have a range of just under the transformed mode of the axe.

Can’t help on the progress front. Even after getting all three shortcuts open I can’t navigate for poo poo there.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

The Moon Monster posted:

The trick to parrying in Bloodborne is that you have to shoot them during the swing, not during the windup hth

Which is stupidly hard to internalize, and also results in you getting flattened during the parry window if you’re a few frames late.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Being unable to parry large beasts in B.B. is dumb, too. You’re shooting them with silver bullets laced with blood. You telling me I can’t stagger something after shooting it in the face with magic bullets, just because it’s big? At least it made sense in souls because you were physically redirecting the attack.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Twitch posted:

Just so I'm not blindly praising it, I do have one problem with Bloodborne: the cannon becomes pretty worthless early into New Game+. Being able to take a good chunk off every boss off the bat, and loving destroying some of the more annoying hunter fights with it felt really great.

I feel the cannon nerfs were really unnecessary. Being able to only fire it 2x with using blood bullets, and if I remember it affects your stamina recovery? And considering how hard blood rocks are to get for the average player it's never going to do max damage.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Digirat posted:

They can’t, but there is some visceral trigger for them which I have never figured out how to reproduce after hundreds of hours. It’s not hitting the head unlike everything else. It just randomly happens when I hit them sometimes.

It's damage thresholds and I think "limb break". No clue how it works in practice though.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

spit on my clit posted:

then why is it in the game

As an extra thing to do?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

spit on my clit posted:

"an extra thing to do" isn't exactly a reason for it belonging in the game, especially if its as tacked on as the loot/crafting in War Dad is.

Eh. I just don't have it in me to get mad at crafting being in a game that isn't even released yet. It's there, it doesn't seem super-obligatory or time consuming, it probably didn't take much in the way of programmer time. If the game sucks it won't be because of the crafting being there or not there.

I'm also not saying it's good. I'm just saying I can't understand being so set against it. :shrug:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The fast travel menu lists all the DLC locations you haven't bought, and the customization menu is the same.

The rest of your post is genuine bad-design garbage, but this has a "reason" that "makes sense" from a "fygm" (gently caress you give money) perspective.

By showing you what the DLC grants, in a persistent in-your-face manner, they consistently show you exactly what you're missing out on, rather than letting you just be satisfied with what you've already got. This can improve conversion rates and lead to people buying when they normally wouldn't.

For me, I don't buy games from companies that do that (or I wait until it's 75% off).

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

scarycave posted:

I hope the twist in GOW4 is Kratos having to fight all the kids he accidentally made from sex QTE's.

Does anyone else see GoW and flip between God of War and Gears of War?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Agent355 posted:

These should be in everygame but easily accessable through the menu like with the assist menu in Celeste. Just give a little pop up that says 'hey these will destroy the way the game plays, but if you already did that or just want to gently caress around go nuts.'.

I have no idea why game devs don't already do it, it seems such an easy to implement thing that wouldn't impede the normal enjoyment of the game. The real key is just putting them in a menu with a giant warning label on it so nobody can mistake them for difficulty sliders or w/e, they'd be clearly labeled optional gently caress about stuff.

This was the worst part of Saints Row 3. You couldn’t turn cheats off ever.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

im pooping! posted:

is this real?

Not exactly. But you can be banned for "griefing", which is loosely defined and strangely enforced. It does include blowing up someone’s car more than once.

In a GTA game.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

exquisite tea posted:

Hellgate London also had a $200 "lifetime" subscription tier before the servers folded in six months and were sold off to some Chinese company. In today's market you really have to admire its forward-thinking advancements in grift.

:sigh: Don't remind me. I never do subscriptions past 3 months any more, no matter the discount.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

oldpainless posted:

That man had a family!!

Not anymore.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Radiation guns were in 3 and NV as well.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FactsAreUseless posted:

The idea with a season pass is you're paying in advance for the promise of receiving all the DLC. Developers use this money to develop more DLC. If you don't get the DLC, the pass is just a donation to the company.

Additionally, Game of the Year editions usually include ALL dlc, so if your season pass doesn't include the entirety of it, the GotY edition is usually cheaper, and training gamers to not bother.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Why not? Link was in Soul Calibur.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Really? All the terrible poo poo in AC Black Flag, and you pick Abstergo? Every single tailing mission is infinitely worse! Following a ship, in your ship? Following some fucker who's meandering along, but you can't get ahead, and you can't get too far behind?

They're lucky the ship-to-ship combat was so god-damned good. Also the shanties :allears:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SiKboy posted:

More like oldphosphorus.

:wow:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Len posted:

Depending on how fast your internet is it's faster to just put a physical game in than download and install from psn

The Day 1 Patch.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Len posted:

Ran into this in Bloodborne today

https://youtu.be/QvBTQC5lEVg

Because that makes sense

At first I thought it was a rendering glitch and the boar was invisible. That, my friend, was a clipping issue! The boar flips its head up at the end of a charge, and I guess you were in the perfect spot for that to go through the wall and floor.

So it makes sense. It’s just poo poo!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I was trying to remember why I stopped playing ffxv. And yeah, it was the drop ships. Way too difficult to get away from, and are basically random encounters.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
The Bayonetta thing is more ridiculous every time I think about it. She’s not removing her clothes to summon demons, that’s her loving HAIR. Which is what forms the demons. Seriously? Yeah. I don’t know how anyone comes up with that and then makes a game using it

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

My Lovely Horse posted:

I like that Saints Row generally puts little quality of life things over gameplay

Except I can't turn cheats off ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I can't disagree with anything, you're right. All I can say is:

oh dope posted:

the game is very much beatable and fun if you only upgrade your two favorite guns

And after you beat it, you can replay any individual level.