Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

"Let's start with the dumbest first. Definitely Caleb."

I love you, Donny.

What cracked me up the most was that neither Derrick nor Frankie disagreed or even laughed at his assessment. Just a solid "Yup, agreed" and that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
#teamdonny here...

The thing about Donny is the 'aw shucks' part of personality matched with the fact he is a genuinely nice guy is extremely disarming. While he may not be that well educated in terms of college degrees or whatever (unless he really IS some sort of super spy :tinfoil: ), he's extremely smart and quick witted. The thing is, he doesn't take any poo poo, either. He just plays that part extremely close to the vest.

I thought the Jacosta reaction was a bit overdone, but eh, whatever.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, she did.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

No.

It's Amber's responsibility to not do things that encourage Caleb.

You don't go from reading a Bible on the hammock and basically ignoring the guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and complaining about advances being made that you don't want and then jumping into their arms and wrapping your legs around them. If she truly wanted the creepiness to end, she would end it by flat out telling him it ain't gonna happen. Or she could complain to the producers. Or she could enlist help from the rest of the housemates. But everybody acts afraid of Caleb and no one steps up.

But when you have someone that is as unhinged as Caleb obviously is, you don't do A N Y T H I N G to encourage them.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

She is handling this very poorly right now. So poorly that my mother asked me if I thought Amber was just doing this on purpose because she likes the attention and is a trouble maker (she doesn't watch the feeds.)

I think it bothers her but not enough to make a move to get him out. As long as he's there, he's going to do what he has to do to keep his 'queen' safe (see tossing the POV competition).

So, you kind of have to ask the questions:

Is Caleb a worse person because he can't see that she isn't in to him and acting like a stalker? Or is Amber worse of a person because she does juuuuuuuuuuust enough to keep him on her trail KNOWING FULL WELL that he's really in to her?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not on board with criticizing her for giving him a hug in a moment of happiness as encouraging his delusions. Will it encourage his delusions? Yeah, probably. Does she know enough information to know anything feeds his delusions? Not that we've seen.

And that's probably my biggest problem with all this. She knows he's in to her - whether a crush or full blown want to marry her smelling the pillow she was laying on give her all my blankets in love with her.

But when you're telling someone "nope not gonna happen" but then jumping into their arms, wrapping your legs around them and kissing them...it's broadcasting all sorts of mixed up signals for someone you KNOW is in to you.

A kiss on the cheek is just that...A kiss on the cheek. But it depends on the perspective of the person getting the kiss.

Look at this way...

When Donny and Amber won the competition, she's all "COME HERE DONNY SO I CAN GIVE YOU A BIG OL' KISS!!". No big deal. Because Donny's not in to her (ignoring the fact that he's got his own hottie at home drat).

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

But she kisses Donny because she assume's he's sane enough not to take it out of context. She assumes the same out of Caleb because she doesn't know how obsessed or unhinged he really is. THAT's the problem. If someone went to Amber and said "he talks about you night and day, he twists your stories, he wears your perfurme and clothes, he fantasizes about meeting your family" then maybe she'd get skeeved out and back off.

But to this point her concern hasn't been her safety or well being. She's not worried about that stuff because she has only a small piece of the big picture. She's talked more about being worried about hurting Caleb's feelings or her game falling apart because of all of this.

It just makes me very uncomfortable that we seem to be turning this whole thing into "she's asking for it."

First, NOBODY is saying she is asking for it. Far from it. If that's what you're getting from my posts, I apologize and would really appreciate you pointing it out so I can clarify it. It's certainly not my intention to be making that case.

EDIT (again, but leaving what said anyway):
OK, I kind of see what you're getting at and I was operating/responding in terms of Calebs creepy obsession and not simply in terms of him having a crush on her. But yeah, she is bringing this on her self by not properly addressing the elephant in the room which is Caleb's feelings for her HOWEVER irrational, creepy, obsessive they may be.

What I'm saying is that she's not doing herself any favors by flirting with someone that's obviously very much in to her when she doesn't have the same feelings for them (however excessive they are).

For the sake of argument, however obsessed/unhinged Caleb is doesn't matter. Ignore it for a moment. Lets toss that out and only talk about it in her context of "Caleb has the hots for her"; of which she is obviously fully aware of as she has continually rebuffed his advances. By continuing to be flirty and kiss and huggy when SHE wants to, she's sending the signal that they have a chance. Maybe "Lloyd Christmas one in a million chance", but there's a chance. And that one in a million chance fuels the fire.

If she were truly worried about hurting his feelings she wouldn't be flirty with him - at all.

Tide fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 18, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There's no cultural divide or anything here. It's all about context of the person receiving the flirt. Obviously, Donny, you, I and any other normal sane person CAN get a smooch and not read anything whatsoever in to it.

Not making excuses but Caleb is young (and dumb). His perspective is "I want to marry this girl" so when she shows affection and ESPECIALLY physical affection - regardless of her previous attempts at telling him she's not interested - it's like adding gas to a fire for HIM. I'm not expecting her to be omnipotent and knowing the full extent of Caleb's insane feelings for her, but I do somewhat expect her to know that he DOES have feelings for her and not do things to make them worse when she's made it clear she doesn't reciprocate those feelings. Mostly because that's the right thing to do someone who has feelings for you that you do not. I've been on both sides of that coin - having feelings for someone that doesn't feel the same way. And yeah, you can definitely have a friendship, even a close one, but it's much, MUCH easier when both agree to set boundries.

I suppose the tl;dr version is look at it from Caleb's perspective (but don't go all insane about it like him) and how someone that has feelings for another could be encouraged to pursue someone that says one thing "I'm not in to you" but does another (jumps into arms, wraps legs around waist, and kisses you).

Anyway. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Tide fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 18, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The house pushes them together because if you get Ambers vote in your pocket, you automatically have Caleb's vote. Zach or Cody made a great point about that last night to Derrick (I think, I might have the names wrong, but anyway). If you can control Amber, you got Caleb. He's going to do whatever she says. And Amber is obviously easy to control. I suppose the only time that's right to split them up is a) when you lose control of Amber or b) late in the game before she has a chance to build up enough power to run the table and leave Caleb hanging at the end.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think the blow up was his death stare at Amber and Cody as he walked by. I was 99 percent sure that when he told Cody that he wanted to talk to him that once they were outside he was going to throw down his hat, take off his shirt, and come out swinging. Dude has the self esteem of 0 and an ego that can be shattered with a light wind. He's a red alert clinger after the first date. He's the sophomore high school girl that practices writing her name with the last name of the star QB.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They need a new line to replace "don't wanna get blood on my hands". That about me to no end. You're putting people up for nomination and taking away their chance for $500,000. There no way not to get blood on your hands

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The shouting in DR is pretty common and drives me insane. Total Drama Island on Cartoon Network mocks this pretty often. Which I, uh, have watched with my kid. Yeah. But in Zach's case, I think he's just freaking LOUD no matter what he does. On a scale of 1 to 10 for energy level, he's a 100.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Aside from his overly loud DR thing, I kinda like him. He's exhausting to watch, though.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha WOW:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
She is until she starts talking. Even when she speaks... Normally... She sounds like she's whining. When I first saw her, I was like :dong: Then she spoke and I was all :flaccid: When she is in the DR, I mute the TV. She's like Zach; loud. And that nasal whiny voice kills it for me

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Asiina posted:

I hate Caleb. I hate him so much as a person.

The thing is, he honestly believes what he says and that there nothing wrong with his approach. That it's normal. Is he literally psychotic? Not kill someone psychotic (I hope), but just so detached from reality? Is his self esteem THAT bad? A shrink would have a field day with him. Probably put him in display.

I think he's going to have a rough go of it when he gets out.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose.

If you want to see the well that the crazy springs from, read his mother's twitter account. And the weirdos on #teamcaleb do nothing but reinforce it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

Tell us more about women and how they effect your precious dick.

They make it go up and down. Some more than others.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pleasing Shape posted:

What's her username? That's a must-follow, especially tonight regardless of who leaves.

@teresar84143183

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

rafington posted:

Really? They were going to send Zach home and then 10 minutes after that conversation they decided not to, so I think Caleb played a pretty big role.

Caleb brought up the point of numbers being in their side to Derrick at the pool table which kicked Derrick into high gear in keeping Zach

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Duck yeah, Donny!!!

Please don't have a hurt ankle :ohdear:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

rafington posted:

Call me crazy but I think this DE owns and the only better outcome would've been Donny going home.

Look how wrong this post is

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does Frankie's glowing edit ever get brought up to the powers that be via Twitter (if they even read it)?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

Is that zombie jacking off? #UndeadJackShack

I thought it was jerking it really angrily

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, that's pretty much a wrap.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What is Donny's record in POV and BOB?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oops wrong thread (maybe)

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 21, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thexerox123 posted:

I dunno, I feel like Joey and Donny were pretty much just voted in based on their own personalities, edit aside.

The Team America votes were early enough in that they hadn't really established many of the edit through lines yet.

I would have liked Joey much more if her intro wasn't "I'M A LIBERAL AND I'M GOING TO FIND A LIBERAL TO PLAY THE GAME WITH". Not that the fact she's a liberal is a bad thing, but to self identify with it so strongly for BB so much was weird. And I was always amused at Frankie's hypocritical impression of Caleb being "He's from the South, he's probably conservative, I don't need him judging me he's got to GO". Really? You don't want him judging you but you're doing exactly the same drat thing?

Then proceeded to form an alliance with him on day 1

Tide fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 21, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm probably stupid but why would Frankie worry about Jacosta? She isn't a threat to him. Hell, she's not a threat to anyone. Did I miss something?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh okay. That's what I thought. I was missing the obvious :downs:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Not pay them the money for breach of contract?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

JakeP posted:

it was funny though, but victoria has been unintentionally hilarious all season

i love her

She reminds me of my dog.

He's the sweetest, laziest, most gentle boxer ever. But when he looks at you, you can tell not much is going on behind those eyes. I am surprised sometimes that he remembers to breathe. But he's loyal, loving, sweet natured and occasionally chews up hats.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Britt Burns posted:

Derrick is an rear end, trying to make Donny look like he betrayed America's trust :mad:

To be fair, when Donny said that during the TA meeting, alarms in my head would have been going off as well. Donny should have used better wording. They are all looking after their own best interests. However, Donny is taking it to extremes.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I agree with you, but it is what it is.

On another note, Donny basically calling Cody an idiot in tonight's episode in the HOH room is not getting enough love. Cody got all offended in the DR and said Donny should be showing a little more respect for the person that (has already decided to) can put you on the block.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Shattering Frankie's ego is more valuable that 5,000 bucks.

VOTE NO, AMERICA
:salute:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
At some point, somebody is going to have to make a move and "get blood on their hands". That should have been Donny or Nicole speech tonight. It most likely wouldn't matter because Cody is a gigantic wet sloppy pussy, but someone had to address the spineless moves they are all making. I don't know if the right move is to call Derrick out yet, and in fact I would have called Frankie out and made him out to be the winner/vote getter. Put a massive target on someone head and see what happens.

Instead, we get that speech by Donny which is perhaps his worst move yet. He's playing too nice, but you just can't do that in BB

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I bet an avatar to someone that he says it's a game move for her and he doesn't mind

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Overwhelming NO to Frankie

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I hate to say it but dude probably got a personal home run in scoring Christine and knows he can't do much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you want to know what kind of person Frankie is, google "TMZ Frankie grande". Spoiler but you know instantly what kind of person he is. Take that into consideration that he told Jacosta to go kill herself and he said lesbians choose to be lesbians and be amazed.

IMHO, he's worse than the bb15 cast collectively

• Locked thread