Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Any reports of FedEx trucks gone missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
HOOKED TO A SCREAMER-KILLER gets me every time.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Slimnoid posted:

This thread needs some more dakka in its life.

I assume every weapon is fired by pressing a single button.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hollismason posted:

The fact that someone actually sat at a table and sculpted that and the fact that they sculpted a vagina , is hilarious to me.

Seriously what the loving hell.

It's actually a LOT worse but I guess he had the good sense to remove a couple of pictures. The tail is an honest to god penis aimed at the woman lying on her side. It's quite literally a rape monster. When he released it there were pictures making it very clear.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
But we've already seen the rules for both of the kits they're releasing? :confused:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

Honestly this is texas sharpshooting at its best. A lovely nid codex and suddenly it's proof of a massive anti bad guys/xenos conspiracy.

First of all the distinction between good guys and bad guys is pretty blurry in 40k but apart from that the xenos factions have had the run of the meta for the last couple years. Before Tau and Eldar ruled the roost, necrons held the top spot.

The fact of the matter is that most armies get their day in the sun. There was a time, not too long ago, when it was all about blood angels and Dark Eldar and before that I remember when Ork bikers crumped everyone and people ran in fear of the slaaneshi daemon prince.

Sure, the last two nid books have been a massive let down and nids haven't been competetive in a very long time. But I put that towards poor rules writing and implementation rather than some massive GW conspiracy to keep the forces of the imperium at the top of tournament ladders.

Dark Angels OP!!!!!!!!!!! :qq:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The codex isn't being released yet because people might find out that Flash Gitz are not as relatively bad as they appear to be in the already released rules and then people wouldn't buy the kit! This is not contradictory at all. *eyes spin around in opposite directions as ears make steam-whistle noises*

GW should release major online updates to old codexes like other companies because EVERYONE is using the internet these days. But also a significant portion of their customers don't even think about looking at the rules online or in print before buying kits! *honks nose like a car horn*

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
edit: I'm dumb

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

AgentF posted:

So do you have a terminal illness or you're planning on killing yourself or what? Don't kill you are self.

It sounded like he thinks he's going to be murdered. Post 9-11 User there's no shame in skipping town if you think you're going to be murdered.

Also why do you think you're going to be murdered.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Someone invited him to a match of Necromunda - The Game Behind the Killings.

Mom saw his lovingly painted Wet Nurse, dying of shame.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Post 9-11 User tell us why you're going to die

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Post 9-11 User posted:

Spent a couple days repeatedly vomiting after my fiance's latest screaming meltdown in a two month long series of meltdowns she had. Right after our anniversary, before her birthday she said she cheated on me, so I was going to put my brain on the outside of my dome. Between that and the lovely police not lifting a finger against: 1) people trying to extort hundreds of dollars from my elderly father, 2) someone destroyed my cargo trailer which was my one ticket out of here, 3) my neighbor issuing death threats, 4) same neighbor attacking Hannah when I wasn't around to break his bones. Police said it's "harassment" and to call them if he hurts or kills anyone (doesn't matter that I have him on video saying he is going to put my family six feet under, et cetera).

I had had my fill, was actually just waiting for the neighbors to do something other than be fat screaming mutants and maybe leave the building for once. I didn't want my body to be immediately disturbed by greasy pigs investigating it. Was going to manually trigger a 9mm round into my skull, was moderately concerned that something would go wrong and it would take many hours to perish.

It's been a lousy Spring. Turns out she didn't cheat, I'm out of here anyway. Going to do some fishing and hang out with real friends at a music festival. Sorry for being a fat gay babby. :shrug:

I was dead set on offing myself but was nagged by the thought, "I want to paint my dumb space horse cavalry." Life cannot get any more stupid than this. I was excited about painting again, finally made enough space in the apartment for my painting station, instead have to pack up my poo poo and escape.

Please don't kill yourself :(

But If you do make sure to shoot your neighbor in the upper spine first

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I was incredibly surprised that Rough Riders were left unchanged. Like AbusePuppy said, they're not irredeemably awful but there are about 15 other units in the codex that can to as much damage from farther away while being more survivable.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

UberJumper posted:

The only lascannons i have that i can easily use are on a pair of vendettas. I don't have a copy of the IA book that has the Stormlord, so i don't know the exact rules of it, can Melta's work if i hit it on the sides/rear? I am assuming it has better armour than the land raider on the front?

They're 14/13/12 I think with 9hp. They can trade their sponsons for side armor 14 though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The Stormlord is unique in that it has a 40 model transport capacity, and I think they can all fire out of it too. It's my favorite IG superheavy.

So watch out because the rest of his army might be lascanons shooting off its back.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Ratflinger posted:

(may have messed up quote on phone)

Sure, mindshackle could be more expensive and kits will not disappear. My point is that if make the good stuff worse or more expensive the codex will be bad. Currently 6 lychguards/praetorians cost as much as 6 wraiths with three whipcoils. Yet they are nowhere equal in how effective they are. The necron codex is in my opinion filled with cheesy and underpriced crap, but if you remove that you are left with just crap.

Well theoretically they'll try to improve the bad stuff at the same time so that everything is priced appropriately, creating a balanced book where all choices are worth considering. I've never seen a book where they just upped the prices on all the previously good units and called it a day.

And necrons having a bunch of cheap tricks up their sleeves is both iconic of their race and how they're compensated for not having psykers. If anything they'll probably get more wacky arcane technology.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Squifferific posted:

I magnetized my Leman Russ by putting magnets between the top and bottom halves of the turret. It lets me take the whole turret apart and slot in any gun I want, without additional magnets or drilling of anything.

I've done this too, it's really easy on the LRBT kit, haven't done it on the Demolisher but I'm sure it's similar, maybe a little bit more complicated.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Drake_263 posted:

Uh, did Looted Wagons get Deffrollas before? 'Cause that seems hilariously painful with how cheap the drat things are. Space harvesters running little mans over erryday.

That's not a bad conversion idea:

I made my dad buy me so many John Deere toys when he would take me with him to get parts when I was little :3:

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 17, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I'm pretty sure Fix owns several warehouses worth of Warhammer stuff. He can sell it all month and he'll still have more than the rest of us combined.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hollismason posted:

Are you homeless and live out of a van that you travel in cause that is what it sounds like. Cause it kind of sounds like your a gypsy warham. Also, I hope everything works out for you.

No, he's about to be because he's severing!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Ghost Hand posted:

Both of these Codexes are fine. The real problem is the Eldar codex.

the tyranid codex locked me in a horrible sex dungeon for fourteen years and now after escaping the only joy I can receive in life is from repeatedly making GBS threads up the something awful dot com warhammer thread every day with my inane bullshit about how GW only lets good guy armies like necrons and chaos daemons have good codexes

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Oh hey they finally updated Codex: Inquisition for 7th edition. Not much changed besides the fact that inquisitors and psyker henchmen can only generate from sanctic daemonology.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BULBASAUR posted:

I had no idea people felt that way about Wyverns. I'm all self conscious now for bringing a pair of Thudd Guns to a few games :v:

Quad launchers/Thudd guns are pretty much universally considered way undercosted and super good. People are more split on Wyverns, some people think they're amazing and others think they're meh. I've never used one myself.

Anybody wanna buy 3 Forgeworld Hydras so I can use the money to buy 3 plastic Hydra/Wyvern kits? :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Is Chinaforge just a term referring to Chinese recasters or is it an actual thing.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Was working on a model, picked something up off my desk but my xacto knife came with it and flew blade first into the knuckle on my right index finger. Blood everywhere :emo:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

how hard did you pick whatever up that other poo poo went flying?

It was a cutting board I was trying to use to mark something before I cut it but apparently I didn't see the knife sitting on top of it when I grabbed it and the next thing I know I'm bleeding everywhere. Must've hit a blood vessel or something because the cut is only like a millimeter long.

AgentF posted:

You probably shouldn't have followed this guide for model building then.

Cracks me up every time.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 15, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Found a pretty neat conversion kit that makes the Taurox look decent. Might have to pick one up now.
(not my pic/model)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x6-Wheel-Conversion-Kit-/261461279894

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

This is revolutionary.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Safety Factor posted:

Why was this left out of that post with the other pictures?

Welp, turns out knights actually aren't all stupid and lame.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

This.

Also I paid $30 for this so y'all should at least have the courtesy to use it when the time comes(ie now):
:vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine::vomarine:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I usually love GWs stupid poo poo but even I can't get on board with that thing.

fake edit: wolf wolf wolf fang wolf wolf wolf

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hollismason posted:

I don't get the reference. What is it referencing?

For real you really need to play Homeworld. Fortunately an HD version is in the works so assuming Gearbox doesn't gently caress it up somehow there'll be a shiny new version to play within like 6 months! People aren't kidding when they say it has some of the best storytelling of any game and they don't mean "for an RTS".

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Tell us about the IG units/lists Ghost Hand :love:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
How much could I get from parting out a Sanctum Reach box? My local store has at least two in stock.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dump_Stat posted:

My one sad contribution to this world lives on. I helped print this thing and it shames me that it's shown up in my favorite thread :(

You helped print Bush's Mission Accomplished banner? Dude that's a badass story. It's not like you directed his foreign policy or something.

Also great \/\/\/

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 25, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
My life is a constant barrage of loneliness and failure, keep on keepin' on goons :thumbsup:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

LordAba posted:

The carnifex are hilarious and I might have to get two more. They only get a max of 2 attacks base though, which is pretty crappy.

Read the Sweep Attack rule!

Also I swear conscripts already had frags and that's what brute shields already did? Was I hallucinating? I can't read my book right now.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 26, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
You have to tell us who it was man

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Necrons are very good in their small engagement range but they have almost nothing that can fire past 36" and for the most part they don't hold up very well in close combat.

So either bombard them from a distance or rush into CC and wipe them out.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

wait... they spent how much on the new website?

Hahahahaha holy poo poo. No loving way that's right. There's no conceivable way they spent that much on that website. That'd put the Sochi Olympics to shame as far as money:result.

Maybe that includes like a warehouse and inventory system as the backend to the website? Bandwidth and maintenance costs for the next 10 years?

• Locked thread