Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

SoftDrink posted:

Is any one going to the Renegade Open it's a GT in Minnesota. A small group from my store went last time and had a lot of fun.
http://www.renegadeopen.com/

I played there last year, Got best IG and the best-worst luck trophy. My buddy won best general in the RTT. We are going again this year and are probably bringing a 6-8 member team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Played master twig last night. Pretty cool goon with a pretty cool gene stealer cult army.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Played Naramyth last night. Pretty cool goon with a pretty cool white scar and imperial night army.

He kicked my rear end.

:frogc00l:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Nah. I just prefer to make shameless excuses like "the terrain totally benefited him more" and "We did a point level I wasn't ready for so I had to run a bad list".

Also, sounds like Naramyth won the tournament today, so congrats on that. I'm looking forward to Renegade in November.

Yup. Won the FoB invitational and got enough store credit for another knight. Write ups will happen later when I'm not phone posting but I tabled all 3 opponents.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Feast of Blades invitational Trip Report:

My list, 1500 White Scars/Knights

Chapter Master, fist, 2+, shield eternal, bike
Captain, Burning blade, 2+, bike, stormshield
command squad, bikes, apothecary, 4x meltaguns
2x scouts
3x stormtalons, skyhammers
Knight paladin

Game one: Space wolves, pod, landraider, rhino, block of wolves, bikers with attack bike, 2 HQs and not a lot to handle the knight. I let him go first and he shoots my knight doing a couple hullpoints. I go, kill his pod squad with my bikestar and catch his bikes in a big multiassault. his pod dies to the knight. He charges my deathstar with everything, I lose 2 bikes and most of his squads run away, I fail to hit and run out. My planes and scouts come on and start cleaning up. He charged back in, killed me down to the chapter master with one wound who challenged out an HQ. The knight came in to bail out the CM (so the CM wasn't in the combat solo, everyone else in the combat had to swing at the knight even though they couldn't hurt him). I clean up the combat, continue to shoot everything on the table and wind up tabling him on 5. I only lost the command squad. Max points.

Game 2: Demons/Space Marines. corn dogs, 4 heralds, 3 talons, a raven, 2 scouts, libby, nurglings, and also my roommate. We've played this game out a lot and it usually comes down to whos airplanes come on second. I went second. He tried to bait a charge. I shoot and kill a few dogs and move my knight to protect my bikes. He charges my knight, doesn't explode it and loses 3 herlads in stomps. I go, charge in with the bikes and table him. None of his reserves came in on 2 (by design) but since I was bottom of the turn he had nothing on the table and lost. Game was over in 30 minutes including setup. Max points.

Game 3: 4 troop bike squads (2 grav 2 melta), 4 grav command squad, CM, khan, thunderfire, 2 talons. He wins rolloff and deploys very broadly. I setup in the corner with my knight up front and totally clustered away from his thunderfire. He makes me go first. I kill part of a squad with orbital and battle cannon another. He spends his turn moving to get me into range but doesn't get much off. I go, cannon out 3 bikes which run 18 inches off the board, and my airplanes pick out all the melta guns. The knight charges another squad doing nothing. My HQ squad fails a charge. He hit and runs out and unloads into the knight doing 4 hull points. I go, force an airplane to jink, kill 2 squads in shooting/CC, and fail another charge with my command squad. He backs up and taps grav at me and charges with his chaptermaster solo who gets D'd out before he swings. I go, kill the command squad down to the apothecary, kill his techmarine with scouts, and stomp out the squad behind the knight, and kill the last bike squad with my command squad, and shoot down an airplane. He goes and runs but kills my knight with his last plane. I go, kill off whatever is left except the apothecary and the game ends. Max points.

Deathstar bikes and knight worked pretty well. For 1850 I'm going to throw in another knight because I don't think grav-cav troops is really where it's at right now. I don't want to have to rely on my alpha to win. I also don't think I'll be able to make Denver this year. :(

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 2, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Sulecrist posted:

What kinds of scouts were you using?

5 pistol/CCW 5 bolter. They outflanked. Ideally I'd probably run 10 pistol/CCW but it's what I have modeled and :effort:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Picked up an Imperial Knight last night. I plan to run it with my genestealer cult. I wanted to make it a bit more Tyranid. I figured the head was a good place to do this. Turns out Imperial Knights and Carnifexes have the same sized heads.

YESSSSS

Exinos posted:

A ripsword if you will.

This guy gets it.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

What do people usually run in an all-Knights detachment? Are the Lancers worth the points, or should I wait to see the rules for the new variants coming out?

1500, 4 battlecannons
1850, 5 thermal

The battlecannon knights are better though. They can cause some pressure that works on everything and can help clear hordes. The only way I'd run the megabolter one is if it was cheaper then a battlecannon knight.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

I'm still not sure if I want to run a knight paladin or knight errant. I run it with tyranids, so anti armor is my main reason for taking one, so i lean towards errant. but the paladin is better overall.

With my latest addition, I can really run either gun counts as. (I have it magnetized though, so I can run any of them)

Paladin man. 2 shot battlecannon is way better then the thermal since the melta effect doesn't work if it scatters outside of 18". Also the D hits and stomps will crack open anything you might have trouble with.

I've been monkeying around with lists at 1850 for Renegade. I'm right now considering one of three options:

2 knight paladins, white scar super friends command squad, 3 stormtalons, 2 scouts. Basically the 1850 version of my FoB list.

2 knight paladins, khan, 4 biker scout alpha strike, 3 stormtalons. I get a fun grav cav alpha, and lose the chapter master and command squad for the bike rush.

1 knight paladin, librarian on bike, 3 stormtalons, 50 marines melta ravenguard rhino rush. This is like my Darkstar list, replacing the chapter master and thunderfires with a knight. The libby is just the cheap HQ option.

I'm kind of digging the third list since it gives me my favorite MSU rush that has way more staying power then grav cav. The super friends list is fun, because 3 CC monster units running around is great (one of which can voltron objectives at the end) but it doesn't feel as threatening as the other lists.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

WAR FOOT posted:

With a bright green and purple colour scheme, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not naming your chapter the Space Hulks.

haha yesssss. So good.

So I've been dicking around with my Adeptus Mechanicus Tau again and I realize I need something to stand in for my infantry and hover tanks I the stormtalon walkers as riptides, sentinels as broadsides and I was going to use catachans as kroot. My buff commander is a master of marches with a jump pack but I'm not sure what I want to do for firewarriors, pathfinders, crisis suits, or some of the hover tanks if I use them (like a skyray or a devilfish). I'm considering using the scions as firewarriors (even if that might get expensive), cadians for pathfinders, but the suits and tanks I'm really lost on.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

One suggestion for Firewarriors could be just using Cadians but do a head and weaponswap on them instead.
Since as you said, using Scion will get really expensive fast.

One suggestion of heads to use would maybe be the newer System Scavenger heads from Pig Iron which I think could work well with the AdMech theme.
Another favourite is these heads that could work well with Cadians I think.

Been thinking of buying some Pig Iron heads myself to use for the rest of the Guardsmen I've got left to build. Considering either the Gasmasked Ballistic Helmeted ones or the Near Future Ballistic Helmeted ones for mine.

Also I had a similar idea of that a while ago after listening to the recent IC episode about Tau but in this case use Anvil Industry models instead. Even if my idea didn't stretch any further than a pair of suits and some firewarriors.

What was your idea for suits?

PeterWeller posted:

I mean really, it's absurd to say they are lacking in unique army builds when each book provides you with a literally unique force org chart to use.

Every new book is going to have a unique force org. What will happen is the book will go mono build with the exception of dipping for some silly ally combo (like Draigo with grav centurions, for example).

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 18, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I'm bad at double posting.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

These guys in this case. Or possibly these.

:aaaaa: The second link is freaking perfect. Put them on some rubble to make them a bit taller and bam.

Hey, I can use the gun tractors as drones if I want to do that too.

PeterWeller posted:

Are you saying the unique force orgs will lead to mono-builds? Why? Not everyone is going to want to trade away obsec, and they aren't set formations.

I'm saying a unique force org isn't going to produce variety within the codex. If you see GK on the table, you can assume they will probably use the unique force org because that is the only thing that the GK book really brings to the game. You are correct some people won't trade away obsec, but if you are doing an obsec army you aren't going to use GK for it.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Suits are almost dread sized:

So maybe...

The big guy on the left? They sell them in 3-packs and 9-packs on forgeworld and I'm sure you can find deals on ebay or whatever if that is your thing.
Might need a bit of cork to get just the right height, or a simple flight stand/pin.

They have what looks to be jet packs, are mechanicus as gently caress and you can slap any weapon on it and claim whatever profile you want, just like the Nid players. Who can argue really, as long as there is some kind of order to the madness.

They might have a totally different profile in 30k, so that could be confusing to those 30k players out there.

WOM, man myth legend. :frogc00l: I like that forgeworld thing, it stays in the 40k aesthetic, does the jump pack/use any gun I want thing.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 18, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

cant post wont post

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

CyberLord XP posted:

I'd really like to hear who's interpretation is correct on this, because I tend to side with yours and it's not like battlewagons are hot poo poo kill everything war machines.

Cataphract is correct, his opponent didn't want to adapt.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Renegade GT rules

My group has been pretty disappointed at the lack of clear posting about Renegade (and no the Facebook page doesn't count). We asked if we could use a Combined Arms Detachment and a Codex Detachment (like Wolves or GK) since they have not been clear on what is allowed. That apparently blew there minds. I love the TOs and people who are running it, but they are not competitive players and it shows in there unique FAQ.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

The one competitive player on the crew is Dave, but he's still stuck in 4th edition and is a known critic of allies and detachments. They're all great guys and some of my best friends, but yeah, I haven't been impressed with their handling of the FAQ.

If you are stuck in 4th you aren't competitive. :colbert:

Only sort of related, I'm hoping they approve my ad-mech count as Tau because I want to play mechwarrior: 40k edition. :getin:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

I'd allow it. Either way, I demand a rematch.

:glomp:

AbusePuppy posted:

Goddamned over-armed Jenners, always ruining my poo poo! gently caress you, Kurita! :argh:

Liao or gtfo

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

LordAba posted:

Are the sentinels missile broadsides?

A flock of birds, a murder of crows, a macross of missiles.

You got it. :getin:

Dump_Stat posted:

Please tell me you named them something-Madcats.

Ligna Lupum :colbert:

timberwolf
clan4lyfe
I'm amazed women talk to me.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Deldar leaks.

HQ
Haywire grenades only for characters
No vect
Archon armour 5+, no ap2 board or bike, only boosts PfP turn number when fielded in the new DE detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn but only if Night Fight
Succubus has option of AP2 weapon
Hemie: 70, +1 to the pfp turn if there is a heamie in the unit.
Drahzar: 190, EW, Rampage, +1A for every 6 to wound, Incubi get +1 WS if Drahzar is in the unit.
Lilith: 150, Rampage, No armour saves agaist her close combat attacks, rerolls to hit and to wound in close combat
Court: Llamean 10, Ur ghul 15, Medusae 25, Sslyth 25
Units
Haywire grenades only for characters
Harlequins are gone from the codex
Scourges: 16 points each, 4 weapons allowed
Incubi: 20 points, ap 2 init order, no grenades no upgrade powers
Reavers: 16 points each, can leave combat, save is still 5+, no longer attack while moving, now bladevanes are improved HoW. all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive.
Witches: 10 points. NO haywires.
Kabalites: 8 points
Talos: 120, units of 13, fnp stock no pfp. 3 attacks. Chain flails only give shred.
Cronos: 100, units of 13, Spirit Probe now improves FnP of all Dark eldar in 6" by 1 to a max od 4+
Mandrakes: 12, lost 5++ baleblast s4 ap4 18” assault 2 soulblaze
Hellions: 13, no grenades
Beasts: Khymeras S4/T4, Flocks WS2 A4 W3, Fiend WS3, W3. Max size of 12.
Trueborn 1 pt cheaper, min size 5 no carbines. NO haywires.
Wracks elite no improvement, 1 special/5 models
grots 35/model, FnP
Bomber is 160 points + cost of missiles
Ravager more expensive lost aerial assault. Raiders and Ravagers come with dissis. Dark lances + 5 points
Venom almost same cost, cannot take +1 stealth
Razorwing fast attack, 130 with dissis, +10 for dark lances, void mine is 5” blast
NO lord of war
Combat drugs
1: +1A
2: +1S
3: +1I
4: +1T
5:+1 WS
6: +1Ld
Power from Pain
Turn 1:Nothing
Turn 2: FnP 6+
Turn 3: FnP
Turn 4: Fnp, Furious Charge
Turn 5: Turn 4 + Fearless
Turn 6+: Turn 5 + Rage
(+1 to turn if haemon in the unit)
Weapons:
Huskblade ap3, cheaper, not a relic
Hex Rifle inflicts ID on Precision Hits got cheaper
Soul Trap gives +1s for each usnaved wound inflicted in a challenge
Phantasm GL works like TGL, shorter range. Doesn’t work on ATSKNF
Ossefactor is assault 1, fleshbane, ap2. If something is killed then the victims unit get d6 hits with s equal to t of the victim, ap, ignores cover
Liquifier is now s3 more expensive
Venom Blade can only be taken by the Acothyst now
Stun Claw +1S, ap6, confers ID in challenge
Shadow Field is more expensive doesn’t fail until end of phase
Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost
Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending
Electro corrosive whip is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons
Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on 6 To Hit
PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not
Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive (so a double nerf)
lances on infantry are a bit cheaper
Heat Lance sliiiightly cheaper, it also says that it can be only taken by Scourges but without seeing the unit profiles I cannot verify if Reavers can take it or not
Mindphase Gauntlet, Flesh Gauntlet, Scissorhand are cheaper, half the cost; ECW is the same
Djin blade became 33% more expensive
Artefacts:
Animus Vitae
one use, assault 1, s4 ap2, 8" if a unsaved wound is inflicted lets all Dark eldar add 1 to the turn number for PfP effects until the end of the game
Archangel of Pain
once per game, all units within 9" test Ld with a 2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Sounds great BUT this does not work against ATSKNF!
Armour of Misery
Ghostplate with Fear and 2 Ld penalty to all enemy units within 6"
Djin Blade
AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves
Helm of Spite
Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.
Parasite's Kiss
Pistol, Poison 2+, Mastercrafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.
Wych weapons
(all 5 points):
Hydras confer Shred
Razors reroll To Hit
Shardnet/Impaler reroll 1s on To Hit and To Wound
Vehicles, equipments/weapons
Splinter racks now work on all Splinter weapons
Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming
Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram
Torment Gren. Launchers can now be fired, 24", blast, s1, unit hit tests Ld, takes a wound for each point it failed, no armor or cover saves, doesnt work against ATSKNF
Night Shield confers Stealth can’t be taken by venoms
flickerfields only for venoms
sails let a vehicle flat out 24"
Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missles haven't changed
Implosion Msls are s6 ap2 blast
there are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Bomber)
Stinger Pod hasn’t changed
TGL, Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Trophies are all more expensive. TGL in particular has tripled in cost.
Envenomed Blades and Retrofire Jets are gone.
bomber is 10 av on all sides
Talos are 1-3 in a unit.
Cronos the same but can’t mix with Talos.
Kabalites are the same although PGL is as rumored soul blight (no way of getting defensive grenades). may take a raider even though a unit is 10+.
Razorwing, may only take nightshields (which gives stealth) and is a fast choice (not heavy). It’s not a vector dancer :( Dark Lances cost 5 more points each than disintegrators.
can a unit champion for jet bikes get or take a power axe? any Power weapon?
Only power swords and Agonisers which is AP 3, poison (4+)
Do Kaivex (Exarch) Powers still exist?
No
Did Ravagers lose Aerial Assault? Still AV11?
Yes and still AV11
Is the Homunculus (the small/cheap one 1 3 choice) gone and fully replaced by the ancient?
He is gone. Ancient is in.
Are there any formations (like the Tyranid Dataslates or the Apoc book formations) in the book?
1 formation
Did the Lhamean keep her "give 2+ poison to archon" special rule?
no
Did Talos get any new movement rules?
No
Grotesques are the new hit, I think. Same stats but.... they do not blow up and they got Flesh gauntlets + ccw and Rampage. Nice!! Flesh Gauntlets: S as user, AP, Lethal Dose, poison (4+)
Lethal Dose: 6 to wound gives ID.
Are scourge rumors true, squads of 5 can take 4 heavy weapons?
Yes.
6 fast attack slots?
In the "Real space Raiders Detachment" can you get 6 fast choices, yes. Giving 5+ cover save to troops and 6+ cover save too all others units in the detachment into the first turn AND any turn with night fighting.
can other units enter via web way portal once deepstriked in?
does web way portal use same small blast template as before(really hope my web way portals get used!)
any unit the Archon/succubus/headman that has it has joint and their transport. That’s DS without scattering.
No blast.
Transport capacity of vehicles the same?
Yes.
Can any if the HQs take a bike or sky board?
No and no.
are there still trueborn in there and can they still take the same weapons they did in the old dex
Yes and Yes.
are mandrakes better?
Much better, stealth, shrouded and baleblast from start. Baleblast: assault 2, St 4. AP4, soulblaze
what got nerfed in terms of units
Wyches are dead no buffs, no haywire, Dodge only in Fight sub phase. Incubi can’t get grenades.
can venoms still take double splinter cannons?
Yes but can only get Grisly trophies and chain snares.... no shields. SUCKS!!
what defenses did our vehicles get ?, with the removal of Flickerfields to everything other than venoms.
Night shields give stealth and the new detachment gives cover in the first turn.
how much is a shadowfield now?/ who can take them
Clonefield is 4+ inv. Shadowfield is almost the same. It works until the end of the phase in which you fail the 2+ inv., 40 points, only archon
What do WWP's do now? and how many points?
gives DS without scatter, 35 points, archon/succubus/ headman can take it.
Do wyches have any chance to survive overwatch and raider explosion? or nothing has changed?
No change
Which units have access to Haywire weapons?
only wych champion, succubus, archon
Is there any change on the kabalite warrior profile and equipment?
Only in fluff, no entry.
Can an Archon have any AP2 weapon at all?
Not in melee
Which models can have a Venomblade?
Acothyst
Are combat drugs an item that HQ's can buy from a list (like a Space marine captain can buy an Auspex), or is it directly bought within the entry? Can an Archon still buy it?
No drugs for archon
Are Venoms and Raiders Fast Attacks as well as Dedicated Transports?
Yes
At the end of shooting phase, a unit that has been hit by a weapon with that rule must make a Ld test. a unit takes wound with no armour or cover saves for each point the test is failed by. Doesn't Work on Fearless and ATSKNF.
Both PGL and TGL have that.
PGL: range 18", S 1, AP, assault 1, blast, soul fright
TGL: range 24", S 1, AP, assault 1, blast, soul fright
Does Urien still offer a S6 upgrade to Grots?
No
Stats on the wracks and grotesques? Also, Do they get FnP stock or earlier than other units?
The same... they start with FNP and...
Talos and Chronos start with FNP as well. And Chronos Spirit Probe gives DE unit within 6" +1 to FNP to a maximum of 4+
Any shooting weapon options for Archon, like Blasters, Shardcarbines etc...
Yes
Can Succubus take relics?
Yes
Is Archon armor save 5+ or 3+
5+
Do Warrior squads come with Sybarites free?
No
heard from somewhere that each of them now have flesh gauntlets, and can be equipped with liquefiers each. Any confirmation?
Urein 140 points, Gnarlskin, CCW, Ichor Injector, Clone Field, FNP(4+), It will not Die, Night Vision, Master of Pain, PfP, Father of pain, Casket of Flensing
Mandrakes cause fear as well. So they have: Fear, Fleet, Infiltrate, Move through cover, Night vision, PfP, Shrouded, stealth, Baleblast, CCW. 12 points.
combat drugs work very much the same as before with no feel no pain option. They are still random but give a +1 to the stats that really do help, +1attack, strength, inititiative, toughness, weapon skill, or leadership.
warlord traits seem a little hit or miss.
de within 12" has fear
can reroll the dice for seize the initiative, for night fight, and reserves
warlord gets rage
warlord gets hatred
warlord gets +1 weapon skill
de within 12" has fearless
Wyches invulnerable saves says it works against all wounds in the Fight Sub Phase.
Combat Drugs work very much the same as before with no FNP option. They are still random and give a +1 to attacks, strength, initiative, toughness, weapon skill, or leadership.
Warlord Traits
Dark Eldar within 12" have Fear
Can reroll the dice for seize the initiative, for night fight, and reserves
Warlord gets Rage
Warlord gets Hatred
Warlord gets +1WS
Dark Eldar within 12" have Fearless
Court of the Archon is now 112 models chosen in any combination from the four types (So can have 12 Sslyths if you want etc, this same exact method is applied to the Beastmasters where you now don’t even need to take Beastmasters if you wanted to), Lhamean 10pts, Urghul 15pts, Medusae 25pts and Sslyth 25pts, can take a Venom or Raider. Stats wise they look the same as before, some equipment changed though. The Lhamean now has a Shaimeshi blade, 2+ Poison with a to wound roll of 6 causing instant death (there's quite a few weapons with this rule). The Medusae's Eyeburst changed to a S4 AP3 Template.
Hellions are fast attack, no way to change, same for Wracks (Elites) the only two squads that change their role are the Kabalite Warriors when they upgrade (3pts per model) to Trueborn and the Wyches upgrading to Blood brides (3pts per model), they both are then considered Elites.
The Succubus has a new weapon exclusive to her, the Archite Glaive which can be used one or two handed, One handed is S: User AP3 melee while the other is +1S, AP2 and two handed.
Dark Scythes are 24" S8 AP2 Heavy 1, Blast, Lance
Raiders and Venoms are both 55 points base.
Archons, Succubi, and Haemonculii can all take a Webway Portal for 35pts.
Raiders, Venoms and Ravagers now have Deep Strike
Wyches can take three special melee weapons if the unit is at least 10 models.
Lelith and Drazhar have Rampage.
No Lord of War, no Vect
Real Space Raider Detachment: 1 HQ 2 Troops 1 Fast Attack is compulsory, but you can take up to 6 Fast Attack in one detachment.
Gives a cover save of a 5+ to Troops in the first round and any round with Nightfight. Nontroops get a 6+
Razorwing Jetfighter is now Fast Attack
New Voidraven bomb is S9 AP2 Lance Large blast
Webway Portal is an item that gives the carrier and unit Deep Strike without scatter.
Talos/Cronos in units of 13, T7 3W points near a Wraithlord. Both have FNP. Talos has a new weapon option, 24" S5 AP2 Small blast.
Cronos is cheaper, has AP3 and buffs for friendly units
Beast packs have changed minimum 12 models (of whatever type); Chimeras have the Daemon special rule. Razorwing Flocks only have 3A. Clawed Fiend is cheaper.
Splinter Cannon is, 4/6 Salvo. Shredder does not have Monofilament, but does have Shred.
As for the Mandrakes, they lost the 5++, but got Shrouded and Stealth. They also start automatically with Baleblast and the only change to it is instead of pinning it has got Soul Blaze.
Clonefield is a 4++ save. Shadow field the same as before.
Power from Pain gives a set bonus depending upon what round it is, with no other requirements. The bonuses stack, so by the end of the game, your units really have a lot of bonuses.
None,
FNP 6+
FNP 5+
Furious Charge
Fearless
Rage
Someone has a Power Lance (I can see its profile in the summary) in the codex, but I have no specific unit pages so unsure. However, the most logical choice are Scourges, who have a polearm model option for the Solarite
Cronos weapons stayed the same, they lost their additional support effects though, because Cronos now has a passive aura around itself (described in my prev. post). This is my conjecture but I think Talos and Cronos can be mixed in the same unit for a nice effect of 2 Taloi and a Cronos, with 4+ FnP on all of them
Baleblast now indeed has Soul Blaze instead of Pinning. Mandrakes also lost their 5++, which means the leak about them having Stealth and Shrouded instead is almost certainly true
I correct myself Archon only boosts Power from Pain turn number when fielded in the new Dark Eldar detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn
Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming
Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram
Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive
Someone in the codex has a Crucible of Malediction (most likely Haemonculi) once per game, all Psyker units (Brotherhoods included) within 3D6" suffer a S6 hit with no saves of any kind allowed
Artifacts:
Animus Vitae already described this in my other post
Archangel of Pain once per game, all units within 9" test LD with a 2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Doesn't work against units with ATSKNF
Armor of Misery a Ghostplate with Fear and 2 LD penalty to all enemy units within 6"
Djin Blade AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves
Helm of Spite Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.
Parasite's Kiss Pistol, Poison 2+, Mastercrafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.
I am now almost sure that Venom Blade can be taken on the Acothyst only. There are two different weapons table for Coven and nonCoven units. Coven units get VB, ECW, Scissorhand, Flesh Gauntlet, Mindphase, and Agoniser. Out of these, VB and ECW can only be taken on the Acothyst. NonCoven units get Power Sword (no option for other types) and Agoniser, that's it. So I Imagine the old VBs of all the kits will now be Power Swords. Also, Haemonculi can no longer take Power Weapons (unless it's specified directly in his profile, I haven't seen it)
Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost
Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending
ECW is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons
Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on a to hit roll of 6
PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not
Both PGL and TGL do not work against ATSKNF
Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missiles haven't changed
There are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Voidraven Bomber), that info about AP2 blast for Talos also seems incorrect, I think someone confused Stinger Pod for it (which hasn't changed)
Reaver save is still 5+, all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive
Significant stat changes for Beasts: Khymeras are now S4 and T4 (majority T4 for a Khymera pack!), Rzorwing Flocks are now WS2, A4, W3, Clawed Fiend is now WS3, W3
Huskblades are ap3, cheaper, not a relic
Racks now work on all Splinter weapons
Wych weapons nerfed. Hydras confer Shred, Razors reroll To Hit, Shardnet/Impaler reroll 1s on To Hit and To Wound
Stun Claw is +1S, ap6, confers ID in challenge
Shadow Field is more expensive
Incubi are still ap2
Torment Gren. Launchers can now be fired, 24", blast, s1, unit hit tests Ld, takes a wound for each point it failed, no armor or cover saves, doesnt work against ATSKNF
Night Shield confers Stealth
Hex Rifle inflicts ID on Precision Hits
Soul Trap gives +1s for each usnaved wound inflicted in a challenge
Reavers no longer attack while moving, now bladevanes are improved HoW. Caltrops inflict D6 rending HoWs, Gravs inflict Concussive
Spirit Probe now improves FnP of all Deldar in 6" by 1 to a max od 4+
Phantasm works like TGL, shorter range
Ossefactor is assault 1, fleshbane, ap2. If something is killed then the victims unit get d6 hits with s equal to t of the victim, ap, ignores cover
Liquifier is now s3
Implosion Msls are s6 ap2 blast
Chain Flails now only give Shred
Talos has 3 attacks, same as Cronos
Borh Haemy and Archon improve PfP, they let a unit add a 1 to the turn number for PrP, this stacks
Warlord traits are ultra****ty, one gives the warlord +1 ws...
Artifacts look average too, there is the old Djinn blade which works almost the same, a helmet that gives adamantium will in 12" and perils on any double, a terrible pistol, an ghostplate that gives 2 Ld in 6" and Fear, also one of the items does not work against atsknf. There is also Animus Vitae which is a one use, assault 1, s4 ap2, 8" that if a unsaved wound is inflicted lets all Deldar add 1 to the turn number for PfP effects until the end of the game
it says that Dodge now works against any wounds inflicted in fight sub phase, I am nit sure if overwatch counts or not
bomber is 10 av on all sides
it looks like Venom Blade can only be taken by the Acothyst now
no flickerfields for anything other than venoms
sails let a vehicle flat out 24"
lances on infantry are a bit cheaper
Ossefactor 24" s1 ap2 assault 1, fleshbane with calcify spears; if a model is removed as a casualty, the unit suffers d6 extra random hits at strength equal to toughness of the victim with ap
Hexrifle 36" sX ap4 assault 1, sniper, arcane payload. any precision shot has the instant death rule
Huskblades are now ap3
Plasma Grenade Launcher18" s1 ap assault 1, blast, soul fright
Archite Glaive
one handed user strength ap3
double handed +1 strength ap2
Power axes not listed as an option making klaives, archite glaives, and demiklaives the only ap2 melee weapons.
artifacts
animus vitae is an 8" s4 ap2 assault 1, one use only item that causes all dark eldar to treat the current round one higher for power from pain. Can stack with other effects
archangel of pain
enemy units within 9" must make a leadership at 2 or suffer wounds by each point failed leadership by. no armor saves or cover allowed. marines and fearless units are immune.
armour
4+ save, 6+ invul, and gains fear. all enemy within 6" 2 leadership
Djinn blade
gives +2 attacks ap3 and if you roll a 1 on a d6 suffer a wound with no saves allowed.
helm
friendly de within 12" get adamantium will, enemy psykers within 12" suffer perils on any doubles
Parasite pistol
12" s1 ap5 poisoned 2+ each time a wound is inflicted, gain one wound back
What is the cost for a warrior squad, and how much is it to upgrade to trueborn? Are trueborn / bloodbrides minimum squad size 5 now? bloodbrides Do have haywire grenades? Are razorwing jet fighters in Fast Attack? Any new Army Wide Special rules?
40 P.ts for 5 models. +3 P.ts for trueborn. 2) All models must be upgraded to trueborn / Bloodbrides and they become Elite. They have the minimum size of Warriors / Wyches: 5 models. 3) Yes. 4) Combat Drugs. D6 for every unit. 1. 1A + 2. + 1S 3. 1I + 4. + 1T 5. + 1WS 6. + 1LD Strength from Pain. The effects are based on game turn. 1. Nothing. 2. Feel No Pain (6 +) 3. Feel No Pain 4. Feel No Pain, Furious Charge 5. Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Fearless 6. Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Fearless, Rag
Sorry, I forgot haywire grenades XD
Yes that Razorwings Jets are in Fast Attack.
Only an Hekatrix or in Syren can have haywire grenades.
Do the Wychs / Bloodbrides / Succubi / Lelith get Their invuls vs Overwatch? Do characters have an option to take or Bikes Boards? Succubi What equipment can take?
1 Wyches / Bloodbrides / Succubi: 4 + invul VS every inflicted wounds in Combat subphase.
Lelith: standard 4 + invul. 3 + invul VS every inflicted wounds in Combat subphase. 2. No. 3. Replace close combat weapon witch Archite Blade 20 P.ts Replace splinter pistol with blast pistol 15 P.ts. Take Haywire Greandes 5 P.ts. Take a Webway Portal 35 P.ts Take objects from Close Combat Weapons, Weapons and Wych Cult / Cruelty or Artifacts.
How many pts per model are scourges? How many special / heavy weapons can they take? Can anyone in the codex (Specifically scourges) take skyfire?
"16 P.ts" and "up to 4 models". 2. No, you can only have skyfire with a Flyer.
Reavners They're 110 base, 5 points for Lance, I know 125 for it to have 3 lances.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I'm digging the PFP changes, it makes them actually relevant, army wide, and having fearless on 5 is awesome. Moving Razorwings to fast means having 3 fliers with 3 ravagers on the table which is a huge boost, and with 6 FA slots you can run up to 9 fliers as DE. That's pretty nuts if you have the points to be anchored on the table turn one with durable Eldar units.

Losing the cheap HQ will hurt since most of the HQ slot is terrible close combat stuff that you don't want to use. Bladevanes nerf sucks but who ran those dumb bikes anyway.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

TKIY posted:

Tau needs more toys?

But look at these rules. A Heavy 2 Torrent S6 AP2 flamer? Sure it 'Gets Hot' but you are rocking a 2+/4++ to negate that. It can shoot flechettes immediately after deep striking/thrusting in the movement phase, can move like a swooping MC, and also has a second gun that's a 12" Heavy 3 S8 AP3 weapon with blind and haywire.

230 points. 230.

And can peace out of a combat it's stuck in. :v:

It's a pretty close in shooting platform that can only "fly" for one turn. If you don't clear the area around where it lands its going to get murdered in close combat. This thing is dancing around at 12", not a good place to be.

I also tend to use my riptides as skyfire platforms so this thing not being super effective against fliers sucks, although it swooping and shooting it's ionic discharge cannon could work out pretty well, now that I'm talking about it.

BS 4 S8 haywire that procs in addition to the S8 is pretty rad.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

If you don't want to get a mess of superheavy walkers and Titans and play this game as 28mm BattleTech, get the gently caress out forever.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Sisko posted:

Whats the common loadout for a stormtalon these days? I bought one for my brother that Im going to assemble and paint in secret for his birthday and I was wondering what you guys usually do with them.

Asscans and skyhammers. Best thing in the SM codex.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Sulecrist posted:

Can I join an independent character with Terminator Armor to a unit that's taken a Drop Pod as a dedicated transport, and have him drop in that way? I need to get a list together in short order and I don't have my codex handy.

Absolutely. Dropping Lysander in to tank for some power armor bros is a thing. Not quite the same, but space wolves did that all the time with wolf guard in termi armor tanking for grey hunters using the reroll 1s banner.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Moola posted:

Ok, I might go to the doctors tomorrow.

If they confirm I am dyeing then you can have my stuff.

Can I call shotgun?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

I got this guy from box to this in about 5 hours.

And with that, my Renegade open list is now fully painted and WYSYWIG.

2 Hive Tyrants with wings, devourers, electroshock grubs, one has Hive Commander
30 Termagants, 15 of which have devourers
1 Tervigon with electroshock grubs
2 Exocrines
1 Crone
1 Malanthrope
1 Knight Paladin

In prep games it has been highly successful. Now I just need to test it against Naramyth to see if it's legit.

The model Looks good bud. loving malantheopes are awesome, 3 fliers are pretty good, I'd put the grubs on the other flyrant instead of the tervigon. Your list looks good for renegade but may struggle against a flier heavy army. I think the meta is going to shift to A strong air game because of knights and I think you may struggle if you get some bad draws, especially since they are going to allow any hovering flier to score. However I like nid air way more then the nid ground game.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

Talking to someone with the Dark Eldar Codex.

No using Dodge against Overwatch.

Supposedly, there's a glitch in the Court Of the Archon where you can take just the Court? And he confirms that it's HQ units that get the portal and what it does.

Maybe this is all old news, if it was posted here I missed it.

Yeah RAW the court can be taken without an archon. My buddy pointed it out to me today.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

I think you're stretching a bit by implying that a Raven Guard list is anywhere near as competitive as a White Scars or Iron Hands list. I like the Marine codex's variety of options and the fact that there are meaningful differences between the chapters without having to take special characters. But I don't think it is a beacon of excellent design. The balance between the chapter tactics is all out of whack. There are trap choices like vanguard vets. And there are maybe 2 good relics.

Ravenguard rhino rush is awesome. Iron hands is cute but doesn't win games. White Scars are fantastic. Honestly the losers are Ultras (still pretty ballin if you can make the doctrines work) and Fists (no one runs devs, rerolling 1s on bolters isn't going to win games). The sword, armor, and shield are all awesome relics. And yes vanguard vets suck, but that's because all jumpers suck when bikes are good. IT is easily the best 40k book GW has put out since demons for the amount of viable builds in it.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Sisko posted:

Question for you Tau goons out there. I'm playing in an escalation league this Sunday starting at 500 points and I've played a grand total of one game with them and I could use some advice.

* Ethereal (50pts)
* XV104 Riptide (225pts)
Ion accelerator, Stim inject, fusion blaster , EWO
* Fire Warrior Team (54pts)
Fire Warrior Team (54pts)
* Pathfinder Team (110pts)

My question at this point is ; is markerlight support worth it or should take out the pathfinders for kroot or something else. Any advice is welcome and feel free to tear this list apart

Too many pathfinders. Riptides need markers but not that many since you don't have other units to benefit from it. I'd probably run a fireblade if you can afford it, tetras if forge world is allowed and maybe squeeze a solo broadside in there.

Hey a list:

Fireblade
6 firewarriors
10 kroot
riptide, Ion, skyfire, interceptor
4x pathfinders
broadside, interceptor

Some shaving could give you another kroot squad instead or FNP on the riptide.

And yeah rock on with a riptide at 500. :getin:

Bob Smith posted:

A rules question came up today that my opponent and I couldn't find a satisfactory answer to.

Tick through initiative. Since wounds can go into/out of challenges they need to be done at initiative step with the rest of the combat in case a challenger (or the challengers squad) gets punked out with swings left to spill into/out of said challenge.

Direwolf posted:

The new challenges rules are to prevent sole targets from being able to survive waaaay longer than they should be able to in combat, I think they work much better.

Word. My buddy use to run bloodthirsters. He doesn't now.

Lord Twisted posted:

Noone runs devs? Are you joking?

No one cares about 5 PA dudes standing in cover. They can be out deployed because they are a static element, will take a ton of turn one fire that is all over the place (battle cannons from knights, riptide ion guns, torrented down by wave serpents), don't help against the air game, can have morale problems then positioning problems unless you dedicate someone to baby sit them, has exactly one ablative wound so any loss is going to be painful, and are kind of expensive for what you get.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 15, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

SRM posted:

I've been kind of dreading them since painting the Ravenwing for my DA was such a pain in the butt, but I'm painting the riders, bikes, and bases separately and it's been pretty nice so far, actually. I might hate bikes forever after batch painting 10 of them, but I'm looking forward to getting to use em.

Bikes, scouts, cultists, and CSM marines. I'd rather paint another 50 guard then paint those assholes again.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Sisko posted:

Thanks for the list advice. I asked the manager earlier and he said forgeworld is allowed so I'll definitely pick up some tetras but not before this weeks game. TBH I'm only bringing the Riptide because I don't have alot of Tau fully painted atm as I just recently started collecting them (also its loving amazing).

Ballin.

As you scale up you can add more solo broadsides (preferably missilesides) and tetras in addition to more riptides. Now that vehicles can score tetras are probably the best markerlights in the game. Not very threatening, super mobile for objective grabs and general maneuverability to reach out and touch things with markers while staying away from short ranged/CC threats.

I just wanted to talk about tetras I guess. :v:

PierreTheMime posted:

Start the league early by blowing people out with a scary MC and then have the rest of the players gunning for you the remainder of the games. It'll keep you sharp.

:respek:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

PantsOptional posted:

Full list depends on points of course but is generally:

Tactics: Imperial Fists
CM on Bike with Relic Blade/Shield Eternal (alternately, Captain on bike with Relic Blade/Storm Shield)
Librarian (usually either embedded in a tac squad or a sternguard squad)
Sternguard in a Rhino (may change to Drop Pod but I hate the model)
Bike Squad as Troops
Tac Squads in Rhinos with a multi-Melta and either meltagun or plasma, depending on purpose of squad
Thunderfire Cannon (have 2, don't usually take them both)
Lascannon Devastators

Just got back into the game a short while ago and so I haven't got a lot of heavy armor or flyers yet but I was planning on picking up a Stormtalon relatively soon and expanding out from there.

Not a bad start. although very hodgepodge-y. Tac marines in rhinos can be very overwhelming even at high levels of play with good support. They are not as good in 7th now that knights are harder to kill and are kind of a thing but for environments that don't have 10+ knights among ~20 players it can work very well. My list that won me a GT was:

Ravenguard
Chapter master, bike, shield eternal, hammer, artificer armor (I would make this a fist now)
5x 10 man tac squad melta, combi melta, multi melta, rhino
3x stormtalon, skyhammer
2x thunderfire

The ravenguard lets the rhinos move up to the midfield on turn zero which then you can rush up the chapter master and have him join a squad as all the melta/Combi combat squads bail out (leaving the multo melta in the rhino as a bunker).

Bikes are cool as part of the white scars grav/melta rush or to fill the troop slot instead of scouts for semi hidden scoring/harassers when you have points to spare. Otherwise I wouldn't bring them.

I talked about lascannon devs earlier today.

I do like sternguard but they are always the first on the chopping block for me. Maybe if I was doing some 9+ pod list I'd try them but otherwise I'd rather have tac marines. Speaking of pods, go big or don't bring them. They are awesome now they they are super scoring but a solo/duo first turn pod(s) is/are just giving up first blood.

I don't think you need to have a second HQ, much less a chaplain. Unless you are doing some major CC deathstar I'd pass, he doesn't provide much benefit to tac marines or whatever.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Sykic posted:

Around here you'd never get a game with a list like that, solely for the 3 flyers.

Scrubs.

In my group we currently have a 2 knight list, a 3 knight 3 flier list, a 3 wraithknight 5 serpent list, one nid air (5 fliers)/demons, one nid air with 3 planes allied in, and one 10 flier list, one sw hq spam deathstar, and a dude rolling a stompa.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Sisko posted:

Tell me more :allears:

Something like
7 wolf guard battle leaders all on Twolves, 2+/3++, powerfists, wolf wargear
Runepriest on bike
(white scars)
Chaplain on bike
Command squad on bikes, apthocary

He fills the mandatory elite slots with wolf priests(?) that have a fist, 2+/3++, and a twolf. He then brings as many fliers as he can fit (3 I think), and some scouts that he tosses into one of the planes. He puts the battle leaders up front to tank small arms, bounces wounds back to the wolves/jinking bikes that would start to kill the leaders and then touches something (or a lot of somethings in a massive multiassault) and watches them drown in an ocean of S10 swings. At the end of the game he voltrons like seerstar onto most objectives with the 10 independent characters and wins. It's pretty gross.

BULBASAUR posted:

Smugly bring a revenant titan and some wave serpents or just two warhound titans with twin turbo lasers

If it was allowed on the tourney circuit, we'd bring them. My foam titan has hit the table exactly once. :(

SRM posted:

We are legion (and terrible at this game)

hahahaha

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm very happy all you guys found each other to pummel in a big sweaty mess.

I long for the days of min 50% troop picks with no more than 25% in HQ. It made this little game of squad based combat pretty fun. Of course if everyone is playing nothing but top tier units in a mashup of every great unit that's fine too as long as everyone is onboard before they show up.

Thanks!

I don't. some armies have shiiiiit troops.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Direwolf posted:

So looking to make my mono-khorne vaguely playable again I think is going to involve lots of maulerfiends and Heldrakes. I already have one of each, but I don't like the basic Heldrake model (the one I have is converted) and 3 maulerfiends would look too same-y, so I'm considering alternate models or kitbashes.

Right now I'm looking into Fantasy Slaughterbrutes as an option for an alternate maulerfiend, does anyone know if they're the same size?

They are pretty close.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Ah, so it's drat near worthless for ground vehicles then. Thank you kindly!

I have another question, though: [bear wtih me, i've got my first 7th edition game today]

If I use a psyker HQ, do I need to decide which squad my psyker rolls with before or after I generate his psychic powers?

Yeah, extra armor is pretty garbage. It's nice when it's built in but otherwise it's a total pass.

And you roll for powers before deployment.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

"Casino dice" is one of my trigger words in 40k.

loving seriously. And in a game of 40k you are rolling so many dice that the little imperfections in Chessex dice (or whatever) will balance out because the little imperfections will help you as much as they hurt you.

Von Humboldt posted:

Eldar are primarily Serpents, but you still sometimes see SEERSTAR (which is a bunch of Warlocks and Farseers with stacked powers to me nearly invincible) do alright. That build's becoming increasingly unpopular, though. Necrons are primarily a ton of flyers, but there are a number of other vicious options for them - Pylons, Catacomb Command Barges, Annihilation Barges, and Wraiths can all be incorporated into strong builds. Of course, they're up for a new book soon, so that might shake them down. Tau is still mainly Riptides and Broadsides with Markerlight support, but how you bring that support and fill the rest of your points is up to you. Farside is still fairly solid. However, the Codex as a whole has slid down a bit in 7th, so keep that in mind. It's not bad, of course, just weaker. Knights are cool, but they're normally a detachment for another force - Space Marines with a Knight, for instance.

Honestly, if you want to build Riptides, go for it. Tau are very powerful, and if you like the kit, there you go. It's how I started Flying Circus. (That, and the conversions were cheap.)

Here and here are some of the top lists from tournaments earlier this year, if you want to poke around. Naramyth, if he pops in, can provide more in depth info on this sort of thing, I'm sure - his group is fairly cutthroat, so I know he has some insight. Abuse Puppy can certainly provide more input as well. I'm only capable of providing perspective from the other side of the table versus these lists.

which is to say, goddamn I hate all those things can't a man just jink for a 2++ and summon scoring units in peace?

:cryingdaemonprince:

This is a pretty good summary. I also posted what the current meta is at my shop. rjderouin is clearly leaning Tau and/or knights which is fine. I only play a little bit of Tau, so I think Abuse Puppy will be a better source of advice but you are on the right track. 3+ riptides, 3+ broadsides, and then markerlights and scoring. I don't think Tau are as strong as they use to be now that 7th hit and knights are kind of a pain in the dick to handle with Tau shooting but if you can solve that problem you will be ducky.

Basically when I list build I think "how do I handle fliers, wave serpents, and knights (imperial and wraith). Solve those problems and you have a tourney contender.

e: my current meta from a few pages ago.

Naramyth posted:

Scrubs.

In my group we currently have a 2 knight list, a 3 knight 3 flier list, a 3 wraithknight 5 serpent list, one nid air (5 fliers)/demons, one nid air with 3 planes allied in, and one 10 flier list, one sw hq spam deathstar, and a dude rolling a stompa.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Boon posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny the rules for the DE Shadowfield. Battlescribe is telling me that the 2+ save goes away at the end of the phase for the rest of the game if it's failed.

If that's true then holy poo poo :aaa:

Yeah it's end of the phase. To be honest it isn't that big of a deal since t3 is doubled out easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Also, electroshock grubs on Hive Tyrants are amazing.

Word. I watched a damaged knight charge a flyrant, eat d3 haywire, die, fall into the next knight and get a 6 on the D chart to explode that one as well.

• Locked thread