Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

That's a really nice way to salvage those face visors, well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Phyresis posted:

the higher quality stuff is way harder to detect. based chinaman's stuff was really high quality (at least before he died :( )

Okay, now I have no idea who this is. I thought I did but the person I thought this was is doing just fine.

Gotta love code.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And then there's stuff that's balanced around access to specific powers without even always guaranteeing that access, like how the only anti-air stuff Harlequins get is maybe a Nova power from one of the three disciplines they can access, Tyranids being intended to use Warp Lance as a vehicle popper (yeah sure man that'll take you far) and similar. Half the issue is just that Witchfires have one more point of failure that other powers don't for no real reason.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

And there are already people policing the comments to "answer" questions so that we don't "waste" the designers' time. Have GW fans really already forgotten what FAQs are for? It's only been a year or so.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Phyresis posted:

battle bros not being able to start in allied transports is huge

Being able to kill a transport and then assault the unit inside it after is pretty big. And the already fun Khorne Daemonkin codex just got a big help in that summon clarification. It's not enough to make assault armies good, but it's enough to make you not regret having shot something dead or summoning a giant demon only to have it fly uselessly for two turns.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Brewsuke posted:

I've only got one question for GW:

why would you advertise this

If three land raiders and some orks in battlewagons are "game breakers" in-house at GW they're really playing a different game from everyone else.

Six demolishers is nasty as poo poo, though. Now there's a friend loser.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And with the formations included, they're technically playable out of the box. I can even see situations where you'd buy two of some of these boxes for a decent actual starter force.

The Craftworld one seems like it's made purely for an established player to buy several of though.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

posted 6 minutes ago:

I guess I can quietly reintroduce dreadnaughts to my GK lists now. Not that I'll ever hit with a Dreadnaught attack.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Twisted posted:

From my understanding their manufacturing and production is all based in the UK. The UK is about to take a gigantic economic poo poo.

Though tbh I'm quite knackered from following this poo poo, so I probably am talking bollocks

They're already using Chinese casters for their terrain, with hilariously awful quality control results. They could expand that, and the real comedy option would be going to an extant recaster.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

There is no contest, the Sisters sculpts are way loving better. Even the parchment on the scrolls feels more natural, the outline is clean and powerful and the paintjob is more muted so it doesn't overpower the detail on the model, because the new model doesn't need to con people about how good it is. It's confident and competent. I could get mad about how bad boobplate is but in this comparison even that wins out over the overly bulky graceless bullshit in the first set of models.

I'm actually shocked. These are released, what, 10 months or so apart? Someone in GW took a look at the first sculpt, locked themselves in a room for a week and produced something better solely because they bloody well could is my guess.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

As I drew in my head and was turning around,
Through the madness Perturabo came with a bound:
He was dress'd all in metal, from his head to his foot,
And his armour was tarnish'd with ashes and soot;
Writhing mechandrites emerged from his back,
A daemonic weapon and leering powerpack:
His eyes how they burned! His hazard stripes: so many,
His plates' copper trim like a really bad penny;
His metallic skull was carved into a scowl,
With a huge nest of cables in place of a cowl;
A jaw full of bullets instead of his teeth,
Exhaust smoke encircled his head like a wreath.
He sprung to his dreadnought, to the drakes gave a whistle,
Away they all flew, like a hellfire missile:
But I heard him exclaim, 'fore my vision gave out -
"Iron Within! And Iron Without!"

Jesus

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The real reason Primaris Marines are bad is that they're not an opportunity for GW to backdoor in woman Space Marines.

Yah bruh come at me

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Straight up, if they included a line about Malcador advising Guilliman to do it THIS time, It'd be mad respect. The line about him asking/chastising the Emperor about this silly man-only thing was always one of the best from the Heresy series.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought the process to become a marine included getting rid of unneeded body parts like testicles and penises so who the gently caress cares what they are. If they retconned or it's part of a drug and alcohol fueled memory then whatevs.

SUCH AN HONOR TO BECOME THE ULTIMATE (sexless) HUMAN!!!! I FIGHT FOR A HUMANITY I NO LONGER TAKE A PART OF!!!!

Who cares about the gender of men who are repeatedly referred to as men and can only specifically be men, yes

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They don't and I am sad I can know enough about this to say that. It's not even been a thing some weird chapters do.

And even then the notion that this would make them somehow not explicitly gendered male in literally everything written about them is :psyduck:

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mango sentinel posted:

Extant penis or no, it's pretty clear from the books that Space Marines Do Not gently caress.

"Non Futuis" should be on a banner somewhere

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man I'm not taking the photos. Save them, open them and rotate them in your photo viewer.

Also, worth noting is the Airborne rule here:

Airborne - This model cannot charge, can only be charged by units that can Fly, and can only attack or be attacked by units in the Fight phase that can Fly.

Looks like it isn't on every flyer so far (not on Heldrake, for example), so I'm guessing it'll only show up on flyers without hover, and means that jump and jet pack infantry can hit flyers, which loving owns :circlefap:

Oh hey it's that one thing I wanted out of a new 40k edition, hello there, time to assault it up

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

So are we just dropping the "grav technology isn't something the Imperium uses for tanks" thing officially, now

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So Hand Flamers are Pistol D3 autohit weapons that can be fired while in melee now, huh. Finally it's fun to be a Blood Angel again.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Artum posted:

Apparently according to the new book primaris marines get squads of guys in gravis armour with cyclone launchers like HH siege terminators, so I guess there's not a 1 for 1 terminator replacement?

Because 10.000 years later, Guilliman is STILL gloating about having stolen Perturabo's special unit and made it better.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Only just now took a look at Grey Knights rules. The psycannon is a bit poo poo now, but on the plus side psychic rhinos are back so a lot is forgiven.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Der Waffle Mous posted:

A little miffed that Purifiers seem to have lost an attack though.

Yeah I don't see a point to them anymore. Even with a commander nearby to double the range of their Smite, that's still just a 6" aura of damage. That's not worth the investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just based on Tyranid and Ork players actually being energized to play again I'll call this edition a success. Almost want to actually start an Ork force now.

• Locked thread