Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

goose willis posted:

You know how Mantic makes a lot of sick stuff that can be converted to Imperial or Chaos poo poo?

How about Dark Eldar or Tyranid alternative figures? I have a friend that plays both and he's looking for some cool stuff.

Mantic has some stuff coming out late this year related to Star Saga, a new army called the Nameless that are all sharp claws, shells, and tentacles, but they're a while away. Concept art at the link.

Finding alternate Aeldari stuff has always been really hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

xtothez posted:

Well that's definitely better terrain than gangs of commorragh

That's at least a $400 dollarydoo box for certain, if all that terrain is included.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SRM posted:

Every box of that size has been $150, even the one with two Knights, the Knight upgrade sprue, and a Cities of Death building. I'd be sincerely surprised if it was more than that, $200 tops. It's not like the Space Marine Scouts and Ork Boyz sprues haven't paid for themselves at this point. I don't think I need more boyz, but 10 more Neophytes for my Black Templars would be a welcome addition. That terrain rules too.

The Imperial Knights: Renegade boxed set isn't even on sale in Australia, but I can tell you that Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero are a ludicrous $265 dollarydoos each, and they just come with cardboard tiles rather than large pieces of terrain. This thing is going to clear $400 easily

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

When has that ever made a difference in the past?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Very high res: Open in a new window if you can't read it.

I thought that looked familiar

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

goose willis posted:

Why doesn't Mantic sell a lot of their boxes directly on their main page? Like, I want to buy one of their Marauder guntracks to use as artillery for my friend's Orks, but I can only buy it from eBay or from various third-party sellers, which makes no sense to me.

It's this cool thing:

Two reasons, 1) Mantic wants you to buy it from your FLGS, because they're trying to build relationships, and 2) Sometimes they have stock issues getting replacements from China, all related to distance, getting a production slot in the factory (which otherwise spends the year making light switches and car dashboards by the million), and needing to wind stock down completely so that they can bulk buy with some confidence of sales in a reasonable timeframe. It's a good mini though, I have 4 of them, come with 2 different guns.

LingcodKilla posted:

Those grots are not weedy enough. Cool little gun emplacement but looks too organized.

titty_baby_ posted:

it reminds me of the older orks. i have a book from the first edition of epic, and in it the orks are portrayed as being a bit more organized and less ramshackle then modern ones

In story and style Mantic Marauders are more like Mass Effect Grogans than GW Orks.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's a symptom of their Kickstarter model, once their initial allotment of a model runs out that's pretty much it for the model and your only hope is leftover stock at LGS or websites.

Nah, they just come in batches, it's a symptom of small company and Chinese manufacturing, the only time something goes out of stock and never returns is when it's being replaced by a new version. They don't have in house PVC or ABS production, so they can't just whistle up new sprues and have them boxed and ready to ship to stores in a couple days like GW does and can.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

goose willis posted:

How did you get yours? I want to get a few

Got mine from the Deadzone KS. Mantic has them, but they're currently not being sold singly, they're part of the faction booster

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lord Twisted posted:

Can you swap the shield and spear round on the Lancer? So have 2, one a lefty and one a righty?

Then when their two shields touch and the pilots say SHAZZAN!, they summon a Reaver

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Thundercloud posted:

If GW don't do it I'm sure Moola can come to your house.

That's boned, not shafted. Subtle differences.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TKIY posted:

I look forward to fan projects 'Kings of Space War' and '8th Space Age'.

Warpath: Firefight (Which just officially launched yesterday!) and 8th Space Age Coast to Coast

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They checked into it and discovered they couldn't file a trademark for "being French", so they got the arse and were replaced with Sigmarines on Catlizards

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 23, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

goose willis posted:

I want to buy some 28mm model kits just to play around with and to have spare bits laying around for various purposes, any new recommendations? Doesn't have to be sci-fi or 40k-related at all, but I figured I'd ask here because you all have experience with all sorts of kits. Generic soldier dudes, monsters, etc. Has to be cheap.

https://store.warlordgames.com/
https://dreamforge-games.com/
http://warzone.prodosgames.com/
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop.html

Wargames Factory used to have cool and cheap little scifi sets that could be used in 40k, but they merged with Warlord, and Warlord are taking for loving ever to get the WGF stuff back on sale. If you can find some of the old boxes like Shock Troops on sale in your FLGS, get those.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

berzerkmonkey posted:

For some reason they have a dedicated following. I'm really not sure why.

They won't be around much longer, they owe around $750k worth of items to backers and preorders and don't have any of the money left to pay for it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Miles O'Brian posted:

Don't like the 'almost' as a qualifier for the idea that big dudes can't be taken out in one shot anymore. Means there is something that can take 18 wounds off in a single shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAPmtTi8lc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Xarbala posted:

Super Contemptors

Contemptor Primaris :eng101:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Black_Nexus posted:

Making Stormcast was simply their way to make fantasy space marines, but they didn't squat a line to do so.

You mean apart from the Brettonians

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MonsterEnvy posted:

On the campaign we are fighting over the system with the Red Circle around it.

KONOR 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Why is everyone still here the 8th thread is already open

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TheChirurgeon posted:

:siren:TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS!:siren:
- Eldar

Feel free to peruse my scrub level painted glow in the dark Eldar, this guy at the bottom might be ok?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

We need to meet up sometime and play your Eldar vs my Daemons in under a blacklight :D

Absolutely :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dug up some of my sparse scifi terrain for a group shot

e: broke out my cool prime lens

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 10, 2017

• Locked thread