Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I'll be in/running a non-goon affiliated Exile guild on Pergo. So if anyone doesn't want to carebear it up or be Dominion, feel free to PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Not sure if folks know, but if you add a 2-factor authentication (Google Authenticator) to your account, you get a permanent 2% xp/rep buff.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I thought anyone could swing a weapon at a mineral node (like iron), but would yield less? I can't even get iron from nodes... and architect isn't easy on the supplies.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Tech on warriors increases support power. Most support abilities generate additional threat and damage is based off the amount of support power you have. So yes.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

I don't seem to have audio.... but /chestburst !!!

Also, I'm an Exile on Warbringer, so if anybody wants to faceroll some Goons, send me a PM!

Aexo
May 16, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

Mouseover it and there should be a speaker icon in the top left. All Vines start off muted.

Yeah I thought I unmuted it, but reloading the page gave me sound. I was hoping to hear the chest burst better. It still made me laugh out loud.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

_jink posted:

at least I can relax in the comfort of my owl shrine :owl:

That's pretty awesome.

Some of my guildies are getting on my case since I'm the architect and I have the most bland plot of everyone. I should probably stop trying to grind the skill and just outfit my place already.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I really like the coordinate crafting system, but only if it's a sure thing... Like, if it takes two iron screws and a gold filigree to craft a specific item every time, that's fine with me. But trying 7 times before getting the item I'm trying to craft for a guildie is a bit aggravating. Using the same combination the next time, I could miss the target.

cathead posted:

I just thought the whole thing sounded kinda dumb and was wondering what his actual problem is.

I rather liked the post, understood their complaints, and appreciated the way in which it was presented.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Nakar posted:

Especially the ones that give you the option to fight larger, tougher enemies for reasonable amounts of kill credit. Those just aren't worth the trouble.

I always correlated the percentage of how much you complete kill quests with the amount of HP you've done to the type of mob. I did this because when people I was not grouped with would wail on a mob I was attacking, I wouldn't get the same increment in quest completion percentage. Anyway... I'm in my early 30s and I finally got to quest at the same time with a guildie last night. We took on the red hued mobs, which have significantly more HP, and took four or more times longer to kill than a non-hued mob (granted my guildie didn't interrupt, so there were no MoO's on this mob), but I doubt if I got even 75% more percentage quest completed added. It was pretty frustrating for me, and turned me off to the idea of trying to kill them to finish faster.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Crafting anything as an architect is infuriating as some of the target areas are huge. See previous posters' rage about completely covering a target and still missing, but clearly missing and still getting it.

But you get all the decor you'd never want for your house! Much of which is able to be purchased from the housing vendor.

I went survivalist, but the late-game zones are/were heavily bot-farmed, so I didn't get much of the wood that I needed. As ban waves occur, this constrain lightens. Having friends mine a mineral plug is a good source of minerals, but that's not all you'll need.

It's really just a love-hate relationship with architect that I have. And the fact that most the people I was playing with stopped playing after the first month. I might switch to Dominion to play with goons.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Got a warrior to 50. Soon after all my gaming buddies decided they want to play other games. I started a spellslinger and the first 10 levels were a blast. Now I don't know anyone on the Exiles and I can't decide what I want to do.

No. 6 posted:

How is the exploration in the game. I really enjoyed that WoW felt like a huge world with tons of stuff to explore, even playing solo.

There's a whole path called explorer... http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/paths/
I like the explorer if nothing else for map wide 30% run speed buffs that stack up to 5 times. I feel like I'm cheating going from one side of the map to another in a minute without using a mount or taxi. There's a lot of exploration to be had. Lots of neat little buffs that let you jump ridiculously high. Explorer has things you can activate to get easier access to difficult to reach places. One of the common path quests has you find a ledge overlooking an area and it makes a little cut-scene when you activate it. It's pretty cool, in my book. Explorer was much more fun than I initially anticipated.
Here's a literal answer to how big it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1qg07f/estimating_the_size_of_galerasalizarnexus/

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Eldercain posted:

This is why I try very hard to get my buddies to roll on servers with goon guilds, because they're never really into games for that long.

I'm on Warbringer.. but they all wanted to play Exile (I do too, but at this point I'd rather play with Goons than nobody).

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Am I so weird to use a free USB port to on my computer to charge my cell phone? And to keep it out when I'm home in case I get a text message? The only time it's in my pocket is when I'm out of the house. It's really not that much of a problem, and the benefits of two factor authentication (however weak their implementation) way outweigh the terribly minor inconvenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
It irks me that I can't ctrl+backspace to delete a whole word, but it's not enraging.

• Locked thread