Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I would like to play, but I am at work. Which is why I read this thread to see how much everyone is enjoying the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is logging in still hosed, or only if I really want to get into a specific server?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
so is the scientist path p. cool I tried explorer during the beta and liked it well enough.

I am going to play Engineer because the primary attack makes me feel like I am playing Rachet and Clank with the Shotgun equivilant weapon :3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question, but does Wildstar supporting binding to mouse buttons that are not LMB and RMB? I kind of want to get a (cheap) gaming mouse like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838

With Steer I think it could make the game really enjoyable.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do most Esper skills require you to be standing still? If so, that is not so appealing to me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is anyone having the audio delayed during cutscenes? Like the first 10 secs or so is dead air, then the audio plays and catches up to the cutscene? That is sort of annoying to me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So do I need to worry about role players in Evindra? I would like to chill too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zoness posted:

Let's not foster some ridiculous concept that ignorable RP is somehow more oppressive than actual PvP that can prevent you from progressing through quest hubs (which isn't even that big of a problem anyway). I'm sorry if playing an mmo somehow reveals to you the depths of the depravity of the populace that plays the game but being concerned about it to an extent where it actively destroys your experience seems absurd to me.

Is it awful that ERPers exist? Yes. Do they actively do anything that prevents you from enjoying the game barring you take a physical or mental step to block their actions from your notice? No. Unless their presence somehow bothers you, but like, that seems like a personal problem at that level.

I just wanted to know that if me not wanting to RP will be disruptive to other players and vice versa. That is it...

Edit: I mean up until now I avoided RP servers because I did not have an interest in RP. Therefore I play somewhere else. Nothing against those who did. To me it is like that part in Rejected where a guy walks into a Silly Hats party.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 2, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I thought I was set on a class, but now I am deciding between Warrior and Engineer. Can anyone offer their opinion to knock me to either side of the fence?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

It didn't poo poo the bed, this was scheduled. It'll be back up in 10 minutes.

I thought it was going to be down for 2 hours :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SuicideSnowman posted:

I've been playing for an hour, there were no messages on my server about them coming down.

We got a server wide message warning about the downtime at least.

After playing a bit more, I know that Warriors certainly hit faster, but I still want to roll Engineer. I know they hit and move slower, but I kind of like that extra punch.

Granted this is like first 5 levels so...EDIT: Feel free to prove me wrong, ya'll :v:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 3, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

panda clue posted:

You seem to be safe in your house, if you can stay online long enough to port there.

Wait I thought the servers were still down for maintenance?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stormgale posted:

My "Favorite" part of the story is how it basically devolves into hischool cliques fighting "Well my science plan of augmenting everything with cybernetics is better" "No My plan of genetically manipulating species is better" repeat ad infinitum

All I was expecting was cartoony Sci Fi schlock and from what I see and hear it delivers

That said it does bug me that the player character can ask all sorts of questions that they should know already and no one calls them out on it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 3, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I got disconnected...and I can't log back in until a half hour.

Okay.

EDIT: Nevermind. I logged back in and was all good.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 4, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So does having a Engi bot out increase your agrro range, even if you have it set to passive?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

It all makes sense now...

The Jak and Daxter games had a similar twist. It was awesome because I know of at least one review where they were making GBS threads themselves in rage over it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bah. I am level 8 on my Engineer but I got the altitis bad; I want to give Esper another fair shake, or maybe warrior, or try out Medic, Stalker, or Spellslinger a fair shake.

For now, though, Esper.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can anyone give me some optimization advice? Everything hovers around 20-30 fps which is playable, but I want to see if I can make things better. I have:

Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 Ghz)
9 GB of RAM
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

I am pretty sure the CPU is the bottleneck at this point.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oddity posted:

May be an obvious question, but did you upgrade your drivers? Nvidia released updated Wildstar support in some recent drivers.

I think I have the latest, though l will check again for sure.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Where are Warriors at in terms of group usefulness? Last time I checked they have trouble with threat generation? I feel like I need to take a break from Engineer, and Esper isn't really doing it for me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

I'm just here to be a DPS warrior. If that doesn't look like a possibility end game I may as well try going Esper now.

I do hear that they do pretty good DPS in raiding. Or was that :thejoke:?

Also, anyone who hasn't done so needs to enable "Hold to Continue Casting" from options

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

WastedJoker posted:

Definitely entering correct credentials. Tried from two different pc's & various browsers :(

Hate to ask this, but you are entering your credentials on wsgoons.com, NOT your SA account, right?

Also, rolled as a warrior into the Mordesh/Aurin zone, and holy poo poo is it more awesome than the Granok/Human zone by several degrees.

Seriously, it is cool. When you get there as a Mordesh, you are in this foreboding part of the forest, full of zombies. You eventually get out of there, and the place explodes with color, huge plants, animals in the distance...

Then you realize that everything is insane and trying to kill you, and may in fact be worse than where you just were.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

WastedJoker posted:

It certainly was :derp:

I think this should be clarified on the site. I did the same thing before thinking to use the wsgoons account.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So when would Quest XP drop off to "don't bother" levels? One level overleveled or two?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Anoia posted:

What, really? gently caress, I've just been hitting return and reporting them.

Dumb question but how do you report a mail gold spammer?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Collateral Damage posted:

Brutality doesn't do a lot for Engineers, focus on Finesse then Moxie. Also Engineer reaches a slump around 15 where you feel you're doing no damage at all. It gets better again around 20 and takes off when you get your T4 Bio Shell at 25. Put your AMP points in Crit and AP, get Volatility Rising, then go down into Utility and pick up Reckless Dash so you can start a fight by dashing twice towards the enemy and fire off an instant Bio Shell to start the fight with 70 Volatility.

Sorry for the dumb question, but by AP do you mean Assault Power or Armor Pierce? I am thinking of hopping back on my Engineer after taking a break from him with my Warrior.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 20, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

kingcobweb posted:

How do you target things (eg for 'press t' quest items)

I used tab, but that is a bit unreliable.

I just experienced my first time having my Engi Bots aggro an enemy. Hopefully they fix that with this patch, or soon at least.

Also, I know it is platforming in an MMO, but some of these Explorer objectives are really cool

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 20, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

washow posted:

There's a key to unlock your mouse cursor. I haven't used it in a while because I combined it with having my attacks bound to LMB and RMB, which would gently caress with the targeting because it thinks I'm constantly clicking an empty space so it would lose the target. Doesn't really matter but very annoying.

Anyway, trying to roll a healer alt and I'm not sure which one is the best. This one would be pvp/pve spec. How are the healers different?

I haven't checked, but you may need to activate that in the options, along with being allowed to disable the lock in combat. That is my only annoyance with Steer, really.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are there any Add Ons that give pet dismissal as a right click action? Would it be possible to make one?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Liberatore posted:

The official forums community is horrible; one of the worst I've seen. The doom and gloom attitude is palpable.

Can't be worse than post launch WoW, can it?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dexo posted:

Yeah, SWTOR wasn't really that bad. some of it's raid bosses were bugged as poo poo at launch. But the leveling content was pretty solid considering the number of flags and other things they needed to keep track of.

At least Swtor didn't have a class that was impossible to heal under certain circumstances.

... Were you talking about the engineer? What is the current status on that bug?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
When should I use my Boomboxes? I am level 10 and haven't touched them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bashez posted:

Engineers have the wow Rage mechanic.

Warriors are different in that they build a rage like pool but do not use it on abilities. You need a minimum to do your more powerful abilities and doing them means you've stopped using your builder so you'll decay pretty quick. I think it's a pretty half assed mechanic that isn't very good. It's not terrible either though. Yes you have to be in melee range, keep in mind this game is built entirely around movement based combat so melee are exponentially more difficult to play.

Huh, I never knew that Warrior rage was not actually spent... They could have explained that better.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Brain In A Jar posted:

If you cancel your subscription, does it freeze your account straight away or keep it unlocked until the next billing period?

Every other MMO allows you to play for the rest of the days that you have paid for if you cancel your recurring subscription. Don't see why it would be different here. I am pretty sure you are safe.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is it worth it to level tradeskills as I level? It seems like a thankless goldsink, and I probably could use that gold for saving up for a mount...

EDIT: Well, I sure as hell will not do the work orders, but I will work my way down the tech tree at least.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 22, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I enjoy the bits and pieces of the Wildstar story. It's dumb, but a passive, charming type of dumb.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone else having trouble logging in for whatever reason?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Looking for some leveling build advice on my Engineer. Just hit 15. Here is what I currently have. The bruiserbot is temporary while I figure things out:

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/engineer#lllKlg1vEvE/410.411.412.408.420.422.423

I am sort of thinking of getting rid of Pulse Blast for an extra bot, but I don't know. On the one hand, Bioshell->Energy Auger plus Volatility Rising gives me enough volatility to burn with Electrocute until those attacks come off cooldown. On the other, I kind of want to keep it around for emergencies, and I love harvesting plants by shooting the hell out of them with a shotgun.

If I do go with two bots, should I go for Dimisherbot or Artillerybot?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 29, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can start with my first Adventure. Anything I should know before jumping in? I am an Engineer and I am up for tanking, though I need to get used to my tanking skills first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ehhh forget it

EDIT : Aw poo poo new page.

So... Should I do an Adventure while I am low level so I get a feel for them before I do the veteran versions at max level?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 30, 2014

• Locked thread