Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Fuckin love the world cup even if the football is usually pretty poo poo.

I'm not a big IN-GER-LAND type but I do get excited and cheer and throw booze about when we score like. I like the atmosphere.

Spent all today doing marching band in a Guildford park after drinking until 4AM last night. Was interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Oh yeah, if anyone fancies coming to see some marching bands and watch forums train nerd poster Bozza lay down some massive notes on a bass drum, we are playing in Bradford in 2 weeks, then in Woking on 29th June.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

tooterfish posted:

So edgy.

Can't stand football.

But that's mostly due to disappointments with every world cup and European championship ever.... and also occasionally supporting Leeds Utd.

The life of a Leeds United fan mate, I know your pain.

Best fans though.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

^^^- best post itt, close and move on

Zephro posted:

Have you moved down to the soft and decadent South? I'll come and watch your band in Guildford next time.

My band is based there, we usually practice near Pirbright, so I get the train from Reading cos lol gently caress Surrey!

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

UKMT World Cup sweepstake? Winner names a charity and everyone else bungs them a fiver or something?

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Zephro posted:

Cool. When are you next playing? My four year old daughter would probably think it was the best thing ever.

http://www.dcuk.org.uk/contests/contest14_2.html

Woking on 29th June.

When she's a year or so older, we've got a cadet band for the little nippers where we teach them to play brass/drums/tuned percussion or do our style dance stuff. £3 a week for a couple of hours teaching and the instrument to borrow to play and that.

Think they're doing a little display at the show, which is usually very sweet but mostly terrible...

I love drum corps, I honestly think it probably saved my life and UK marching band scene is pretty cool little world to get into.

edit: url fixed, I think. Awful App you suck

Bozza fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 2, 2014

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Cerv posted:

whoever gets brazil please pick the labour party as your charity

do not listen to this man

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

I once saw MK Lightning play ice hockey, there was a fight and one man punched another man in the head.

It was p great.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Seaside Loafer posted:

What consitutes a 'high tackle'? When I was a nipper before starting to get man'ish the PE teacher would encourage us to do head on tackles, not with the head i mean but you sort of ran straight into them, head around the armpit area and arm around the waist, so he ends up his back and you on top. That goes back to my other point, it didnt hurt a bit when we were ikcle kids, but 2 huge dudes must really hurt both of them right? Maybe they dont do head on's in pro rugby anymore?

I'm no expert, but that sounds like a correct tackle technique - high tackle means getting your opponent round the neck or head.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Bent as FIFA right here mfcrocker!!!

I say just donate directly and post a screenshot. Honour system.

Should the mighty Ecuador prevail against all odds, your fivers will be going to the Papworth Hospital Charity in memory of my Nana and for recently saving the life of my Uncle Pete :3:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

My mate moved to Glasgow last year (from Surrey) and he's loving it.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

As an atheist, I loving hate smug atheists (I say this as a reformed smug atheist).

And building on the green belt is a good idea as long as it is done properly, there's some right old poo poo bits of "green belt" out there. The biggest issue with this in the UK is that poo poo is usually universally owned buy the Duke of Westminster or some pish. Land reform is more important imo.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

If you've got to present then take Q&A, cheat like mad (like me!) and get your mates to ask loads of softball questions to waste time...

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Bricks and breeze blocks are too obvious and Royal Mail will stop them. Roof tiles generally fit in a standard Large Letter though.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

I hope England win the World Cup so the Scots vote for independence. Also so we win the World Cup.

I have a very weird relationship with patriotism because I'm dead against it unless there are sports involved.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Isn't Keith a communist? Her god father was Joe Strummer so she's had a decent upbringing at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

TinTower posted:

The only thing I know about him and his mum and his dad and his gran are off to Waterloo, him and his mum and his dad and his gran and a bucket of vindaloo.

Na-na, na-na, na-na...

It's Coming Home, Tin. It's Coming Home.

• Locked thread