Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

grrarg posted:

I am unironically looking forward to this after the spring season's lack of comedy. The writer and director have a history of making me laugh at dumb gags, and it cannot be worse than C3-bu. The Spec Ops: The Line edits were that show's only redeeming factor.

Yeah, this'll in all likelihood be better than C3-bu. That show had no idea what it wanted to be.

I'll also check out Sailormoon, Space Dandy, Himegoto, Free, and Locodol might be entertaining garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
High School DxD is getting a third season. Be still my beating heart.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/16/third-high-school-dxd-anime-announced

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
There was a Rail Wars promo poster where the girls were tied to each other like rail cars in bikinis.

Yes, they were literally comparing women with objects.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

StandardVC10 posted:

What, like with couplers? :confused:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Robert Denby posted:

So, the AV Club of all places is reviewing the new "Sailor Moon". :stare: Did not expect to see that, especially since "Space Dandy" just got a single review from them. Here's their review.

They also did a TV Roundtable for the DIC version of the first season finale a while back.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sailor-moon-crystal-act-1-usagi-sailor-moon-206562

Genevieve Koski clearly chose this one. Just look at what the other panelists say:

Zack Handlen: "This was definitely my first exposure to the show"

Carrie Raisler: "this was my first experience with Sailor Moon—and my first experience with anime at all.."

Todd VanDerWerff: "I have seen exactly one episode of Sailor Moon before this one..."

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The best part of Himegoto was the gangsta rap song that the subber dubbed over the OP.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I really didn't like the stinky natto and beatings in this episode of Sabagebu, they just felt fetishistic. I did like the last segment, though.

When does Kanolle come out? I want to see the first episode for the trainwreck factor.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

were they swimming related? like did the blue haired guy say to the little blonde that he wanted to dive in hard and come out wet or was he like i will show you my butterfly if you show me your breast stroke? did the shark guy make a reference to coming up under one person and taking a bite out of them? i havent had time to watch the second season yet.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Does anyone know what the first anime to use the line "It's not like I like you or anything!" was?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Darth Walrus posted:

So was Crunchyroll's hosting of the first Sailor Moon Crystal episode just a one-off thing? It seems to have vanished from the site.

I had no problems watching it this morning.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

ViggyNash posted:

If Samuel Jackson can manage to save this movie, he deserves an Oscar. He won't.

Is the anime it's based on any good to begin with?

Okay, who wants to tell him?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The only song that I remember crunchyroll having the subs for was the Anglerfish dance from Girls und Panzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
All that looks good to me this season are OVAs (Kill la Kill, Yuru Yuri, Ika Musume, Sabagebu, Watamote)

• Locked thread