Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The way you save your game in Ico:

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

The game's stealth is pretty basic but I cleared an area of enemies with just my bow and hiding in shrubs and behind trees. I hope the sequel expands on that.

One of my favorite things about that game is that you slowly realize that your enemies are scared shitless of you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFovzdGjsZA

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like how the police shouts holy poo poo when you disarm them in Mirror's Edge.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In Mirror's Edge one of the five signs that your friend is a runner (and therefore a criminal) is a fondness for red.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like the loading screen of the Last of Us:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Last of Us has almost an endless little things and almost all of them includes Ellie. So far my favorite things about her is how she tries to whistle, how she hums her own little dramatic theme music as she walks across the wasteland and the moment when she's honest to god delighted about seeing real fireflies before remembering she's supposed to be in a grim and gritty game.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oh my god! Ellie just learned how to whistle:3:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Punching the Woodsman in the Wolf Among Us is my new favorite little thing in games.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

:allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Spalec posted:

I love the character transitions in general in GTA5. Obviously Trevor has some of the funniest. Some favourites are:

-Waking up in a dumpster/on top of a mountain in a dress/in his underwear surrounded by dead bodies.

-Being chased by the Police and yelling about how he didn't do anything.

-Meeting your SCOOOOOOOOTER BROOTHERRR!

-Franklin ironing his clothes.
-Franklin playing with his dog.
-Franklin smoking a joint.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Anytime Franklin smokes weed... :(

A funny weed thing from GTA V:
Michael smokes some weed totally flips out and start imaging aliens are attacking, Franklin get some weed from the same guy and his response is "A bit dry isn't it?"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Batman Arkham City :colbert:

Seriously?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's neat that you get the option to exclaim "holy poo poo!" when something weird happens in the Wolf Among Us.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

I like to wear the zombie face paint and pretend I'm one of the Misfits.
Reminds me of one the levels in the Punisher game:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bewilderment posted:

The sequence is interesting for another reason - throughout the game, you're given the opportunity to hold R1 at marked points to cutscenes from Snake's point of view, which often reveals hidden things,

Most of the time it's used to look at boobs though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Another little thing from the Wolf Among Us, after having conversation with Gren when he has combined drugs and alcohol there's a little text saying "Gren won't remember this".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A little thing in the Punisher game: In one level you team up with Black Widow and if you throw people up in the air she will shoot them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know if it was intentionally or not but something I found funny in Arkham Asylum: Harley Quinn release all the craziest mental patients in Arkham and make it appear like you're in deep poo poo now. They even designed it so that if one of them spots you they run screaming with rage towards you. Turns out that all you have to do is counter them and they fall over.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know how little it is, but the third Scarecrow level is great: The screen breaks up and suddenly you find yourself replaying the intro, only this time you're controlling the Joker and Batman is strapped to the gurney. Then you get to control Batman again as the Joker shoots you in the head. You get a game over screen with the usual advice, but this time the advice makes no sense (wiggle the middle stick to avoid being shot in the head). Then the game over screen goes away followed by Batman escaping his grave only to find himself surrounded by other insane Batmen

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The effect looks like this on PC, dunno what it looks like on consoles.

That's basically how it looks on console.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I just love the clerks at the assassin's bureau in Assassin's Creed. All of them are such passive aggressive assholes:allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Tomb Raider was still the best at this. As silly at it was to have Lara go from mourning killing a deer for food to remorselessly slaughtering an entire army of soldiers over the course of a few hours, having the mercs go from being smug and rapey to making GBS threads their pants at the sight of her by the end of the game was amazing.

"OH poo poo, SHE HAS A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!! :supaburn:"

My favorite moment was when one of the cultist realized he had no chance against both the storm guards and Lara, so he tried to get her on his team. Naturally he was shot down moments later.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In Arkham Origins not only will the martial artists compliment you if you fight them well, Batman will compliment the martial artists.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

The music across the entire franchise does this for any stealth encounter, I think. As you start taking out more and more goons, extra instruments and lines of music will begin to swell to a peak. It's a neat way of getting the player excited in sections that can look fairly sedate next to combat areas.

The music also gets more intense if you're spotted in the predator rooms.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Something I like about Uncharted 3 is Drake's notebook. You get hints for puzzles but then when you actually finish the puzzle if you go back and look at the notebook again you'll find it filled out with how he figured it out.

I really hope that the journal gets a comeback in the new game.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Leonardo:allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In game with tons of great characters Catarina Sforza may be the best:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

graybook posted:

Animal petting was a great feature in the Assassin's Creed series

Except for the fact that its really easy to accidentally kill them instead.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sirbeefalot posted:

I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption for the umpteenth time, and goddamn I love having a dedicated "tip your hat" button. I've only played about 4-5 story missions in the 4 hours I've played so far, just spent most of the time slowly riding around the countryside and saying howdy to everyone.

Such a goddamn wonderful game. :tipshat: Where's the cowboy??

its also fun that Marston don't know how to say hello in spanish when he's in Mexico. Its also probably the only Rockstar game where you can't pick up prostitutes because Marston is married and take that very seriously.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So I accidentally discovered that not only can you kill someone with a fish in Sleeping Dogs, you get a trophy for doing it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

The one where Wei Shen, motherfucker, just rams the swordfish through some rear end in a top hat's chest?

No. I broke an aquarium with one guy's head, picked up a fish that fell out and slapped another guy to death with it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Also another little thing about Sleeping Dogs is that guns are pretty rare for like 80% of the game. Even just being seen with a gun will get your wanted level up, enemies with guns are usually only encountered in out of the way areas like sewers or places without law enforcement. They really emphasize that the city you're in is a gun-free zone for the most part so it's not really like other open world crime games where you just get an assault rifle and run around shooting everyone forever.

Who needs guns when you have a special move specifically designed to make your opponents go :stare:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Two, in fact. One for snapping arms, the other for smashing knees. Shame the lesson in the dojo was completely unrelated to performing either :unsmigghh:.

The dojo is fun: "Your ancestor called, they want to disown you!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I like that the trophies in Uncharted 4 aren't for generic stuff like progressing in the game that you do anyway but for doing stupid stuff like taking photos of Sully when you should be using your camera to send photos of a puzzle to your backup to help you solve it.

The trophies for the Uncharted series has always been fun. The fact that many of them are stupid puns makes it even better (if you slap someone with a fish you get the "call the sturgeon" trophy for example).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hBzfBflwn4

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The life and times of a title screen character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPNisyfjnY

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

So hey, if you kill people with fire in Bloodborne they'll scream in agony and thrash around until they die, rather than simply going "ugh" and falling over. :catstare:

Not all enemy soldiers die right away in Spec Ops: The Line so you can either let them die in agony or execute them in a gory fashion.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Digirat posted:

The finishers in spec ops are actually there for more than to be gratuitous, they're a brilliant bit of characterization that progressively show how far the character has fallen, and how desperate and broken he is by the end. At the start of the game they're quick and efficient animations followed by standard phrases like "hostile down," while at the end of the game they're noticeably more brutal and the lines have simply become "gently caress you." The same goes for the orders to your AI squad members, which initially are predictable things like "take out that sniper" and by the end of the game have been reduced to just "kill him."

Yeah, it was actually kind of neat to see a small band of brothers turn into a group of people who resents each other and only sticks together for survival. Even when you heal a squad member Walker is angry about having to do it.The funniest thing is that by the end not even being shot at phases him anymore, all he says is "for gently caress's sake!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ezio's songs in AssCreed: Revelations are just amazing:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011