Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Keiya posted:

Do you really ink that will happen? From what I played, it seems inkredibly unlikely that the hype will die that quickly. I'd give it until at least the twelfth. I think something is coloring your view.

... sorry, I'm bad at this. I'll ask my boyfriend when he gets up, he's better at puns.

you gotta be squiddin' me

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Welp, found my main.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Squid Girl is a good show, and you should watch Squid Girl.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dizz posted:

I already beat all the stages and found all those dumb scrolls. Game wasn't hard at all.

sorry you did not enjoy splatoon :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I really like the Splatter Pro myself. I tried the .52 Gal, but it doesn't seem to cut it right.

I do get killed a lot by Aerosprays. Is that weapon really that good?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Roland Jones posted:

Aerosprays are terrible at killing unless they get up close, in which case they'll rip you apart; even with how fast they shoot their spread means that at a distance most weapons will kill them first or simultaneously in an exchange. Their real strengths are how much ink they spread (they outperform rollers in this regard even), their specials (which they get quickly thanks to how much they spread ink), and in the case of the MG its sub and special helping shore up its weaknesses offensively.

So, keep an eye out, don't let them get close to you, and don't hang out in/near enemy ink because they'll squid through it, get right up in your face, and splatter you.

ty for the tips

I'm still learning a lot of the ins-and-outs of all the equipment. Is there a definitely guide for role-based loadouts? Like, if you want to be a hunter or a territory-coverer?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

IronicDongz posted:

I think it's pretty telling of how underwhelming the brush has been that my lovely low effort miiverse post has gotten over 100 yeah's already

I saw this in-game and Yeah'd it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pyroi posted:

Screw cats and dogs, bread is where it's at.

Why not BOTH??????

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The invasion has begun. Squid Girl wasn't joking.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

andipossess posted:

Fixed that for you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deviant posted:

Sea love was too tame for him.

Hideki Naganuma tweeted "Free ink was too tame for squid."

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deviant posted:

...I like mine better.

Perhaps you understand, understand the concept, the concept.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zolthorg posted:

All the other updates have gone live at like 7 pst so thats actually 11 hours? Also every new map has been forced onto rotation for like four cycles so NA splatfest might only take place on Bluefin and one new map every four hours.

In Japan, the maps did not rotate for Splatfest.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drastic Actions posted:

I'm so glad I'm on the winning team :smug:

(Sidenote: we need a Japanese Smug emoticon. Someone get on that, I'll buy it.)

We need :smugsquid:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All answers can be found in Squid Girl.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Puistokemisti posted:

http://imgur.com/a/iJwv9
Splatoon comic, no idea what it's about. Maybe it's just an ad about the game. Read from right to left.

It's a super cute and funny comic about the general basics of Splatoon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I honestly hate the idea of full matchmaking from the get-go. Jump into a lobby with random people you don't know and have fun actually being a part of the Splatoon community. Everybody's playing the same game, everybody's having fun, and people are literally learning to strategize and communicate (without voice chat!) with strangers. It's a great experience!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, Ink Resistance Up was hilariously overpowered, so I think it's an okay change.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, don't you?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Does anyone play without motion controls on? They're really disorienting and annoying. And kinda too sensitive.

Also, does any of my character progression in single player carry over into MP? Or is it just gear and stuff?

A friend of mine does, because he gets really active when he plays shooters. I tried it without, and it was the worst.

And only the Hero/Octo gear carries over.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

i have been playing for hours

my eyes hurt

happy 4th

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Team Dog is cool... FOR ME TO INK ON.

#TeamTriumph

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

raditts posted:

Looks like they aren't giving results yet. Just "soon." Lame.

Wait another 4 hours.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chance posted:

So uh, how long after the japanese splatfest did it take for results. Should I be sitting here or going to bed?

4 hours.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a cat will poop in a box and bury it in the sand

a dog will dig through that sand to find and eat that poop

a lot of cats are pooping in boxes (and are pretty good at it!), but almost twice as many dogs are digging for and eating their poop (not quite as good at it but only, like, 2% off)

grats, team dog

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

someone posted on twitter the real reason why team dog won

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

13/f/cali posted:

With the number of players playing it's not like individual skill matters much for a splatfest anyway. I won about 80% of my matches and spent a lot of time on it but Team Cat only had a 1% or less difference. If the losing team got no reward at all I'd probably feel a little disappointed but regardless of reward I had a fun time playing splatfest with friends in the room and handing off the gamepad and that was worth more than any silly video game seashells.

do you think splatoon is some kind of game???? MEANT FOR FUN?????

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

i am feeling very attacked right now

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon really is GOTY.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JP update will include Squid Girl outfit. EN updates hopefully will or I'll be very sad. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Parasol Prophet posted:

So the other night I was playing a ranked battle with some people and we wound up playing 4 vs. 3 for one game-- but apparently when you do that, there's a generic 'player' squid that shows up in the rankings at the end of the game with 0 points despite not having been in the match.

And then I found that squid in my plaza!

Tell me you ordered them

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BillmasterCozb posted:

What about the white ink used for the Japanese splatfest?

that was analogous with milk tea, one of the festival choices

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rocketlex posted:

Actually yes, I misspoke. Beast Machines was my jam. Beast Wars was like a crappy unaired pilot except it...was aired...for multiple seasons...

Beast Wars introduced the best Megatron the entire franchise has ever known, had the not messed up version of Silverbolt, AND had the best opening song in that era of cartoons. DUH-DA-DA-DA-DAA DUH-DA-DA-DA-DA-DAA BAH-WAH-NAH. Beast Machines was a great closer to the most golden of TF eras, but do not front on the awesome Reboot-glory of Beast Wars.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Caerulius posted:

Beast Wars also had Dinobot, who was a cool dude.

Dinobot was an angry jerkface. I miss Dinobot. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chill Penguin posted:

Have I been misremembering Beast Wars this entire time? I thought Dinobot WAS Grimlock.

Grimlock was the leader of the "Dinobots" Autobot subgroup, but Dinobot was a specific Beast Wars velociraptor Predacon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Nearly anyone who has watched most/all of the shows will agree with this one

No kidding. Beast Wars has the best villain in any TF franchise.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

jivjov posted:

Beast Machines is better than Beast Wars.

In terms of HIPPIE AGENDA, yeah.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Smiles posted:

Oof, 5700 yen is a bit steep, but a price I'll gladly pay for sick squid beatz.

That's the list price of the game itself in Japan. CD set is 3200 yen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Suspicious Dish posted:

Even if Nintendo doesn't go for more single-player campaign stuff, I'd gladly go for a set of challenge missions like MK:DS, along with an achievement set to work towards. I'm actually surprised Nintendo hasn't done anything with achievements in their games yet.

Aren't the amiibo challenges kind of exactly that? Also, I hope Nintendo never does ANYTHING with achievements.

• Locked thread