Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope I can play as an octopus at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

I mean, not enough to consider a wii or wiiU but you know, enough to slightly regret not having either.

Well I should hope it wouldn't make you get a Wii since you wouldn't be able to play Splatoon on it.

That said you should get a Wii U.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

I thought there was a discount if you downloaded the test. Still looks full price in the store.

That's EU only.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

If walls don't count, why don't the %'s add up to 100 more often? I was in one where the % went "back" from the teaser, down to something like 12%, but I haven't seen it add up to over 90.

It would be very difficult for literally every inch of floor to be inked.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Super Slash posted:

Since it keeps getting mentioned:

My favorite thing about this is the squid Animorph

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They want you craving more like you are now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

It's a game where fish children shoot paint at each other.

What the gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I still think octopuses should have been the playable characters. Octopi don't deserve to be villains. Octopodes are way more lovable than squids.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Did a filthy octopus kidnap you and is using your account like they are known to do??? Next you'll tell me you're on team dog.

#TeamDogtopus

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dogs and octopae are objectively better than cats and squid.

I'll kill the octopa if I have to but I will shed a tear at every splat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah there seem to be some matchmaking problems.

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Weird how the servers handled the previous testfires so well and yet now they've totally died.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well at least I totally destroyed the other team in the only match I got to play

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This song, like all the Splatoon commercial songs, owns.

Hopefully there's an extended version of the Squid Kid song.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Please add a kid/squid poll, thanks.

Please include octopus as a choice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jivjoved again

jivjov posted:

He said they were paid DLC..which they aren't. There's no downloadable component to them.

What's it like being the most pedantic person ever to live

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good luck out there, team Dog

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And it didn't sell out in seconds like some of the others. I was actually able to get an order placed. Yay!

I'm having a blast with the game. Mostly been doing single player, but I played some Turf War too and got to level 5. One time my team won handily and only at the end did I realize that we'd had one player be AFK/disconnected the entire time. So that was pretty cool.

I definitely feel the annoyance with the way the stage selection currently works. Having it limited to 2 is one thing, but the automatic selection between the two doesn't even seem to try to give you an even balance of both maps. I haven't gotten to play on Walleye Warehouse once tonight. Though at least that meant I learned the Skate Park really well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spacebump posted:

So does the store ever get more cloths? I bought all the initial ones and there still isn't anything new.

The cat says they update daily

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Sell me on this game please

Ink it up to the sun
Ink it up to the moon
Splatatatatatatatatatat Splatoon

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh Regy, that's a name I recognize :v:

Greetings

I'm mad that I still haven't gotten to play on Arowana Mall. I don't even know what it looks like yet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's super fun. Shame I only got one match in before rotation though, would of liked to keep going with a goon.

I've sent you a friend request now so feel free to try and find me.

The thing about playing with people on your Friends list is you have to decide whether or not you're feeling patient enough to value playing with someone not random since it usually takes a while. Sometimes you just want to go RIGHT NOW

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 30, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TubeStank posted:

just curious--how often do you guys win? i have won only one match today and maybe a handful yesterday and game's fun but it's annoying to always be losing

There are a lot of variables and it depends on whether you have a good team and also how familiar you personally are with the weapon you're using. Like right now I'm trying to learn how to use the roller effectively but I'm pretty bad at it so I'm losing a bunch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Suddenly I'm doing so poorly. Shame on me.

Well we finally won that one!

Rorus Raz posted:

So what are map opinions right now?

I think my favorite is Urchin Underpass, followed by Rig. The only map I dislike is probably the skate park since most of my matches are both teams trying to ink the opponent's side.

The Underpass and the Rig are going right now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's nothing more depressing than being the highest scoring player on the losing team

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Splatting someone between two rollers is the funniest thing I've done yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Niemat posted:

Are people (read: goons) pretty cool with you randomly joining their next open battle without announcing it...? I'm pretty sure I have some of you guys on my friend list still from MK8, and I'm lookin' to ink it up.

Everyone is just constantly popping in and out, and since there's no in game communication no one is going to care. Over time you tend to accumulate more friends, I was just playing with at least 4 other people on my friends list.

Basically if you see someone on your list you want to play with, just join them. Chances are you'll just end up replacing a random dude who leaves.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TubeStank posted:

there's really no reason to not allow people to change at the very least weapons between maps.

Maybe if people complain about this enough they'll patch it in??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LanceKing2200 posted:

Regy Rusty and I just lost a match 41.9% to 42%, ending my 8 game winning streak.

:suicide:

I was so mad, I was convinced we had it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay finally I've gotten to play on all the maps. I like Arowana Mall a lot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This morning I played with a guy a bunch who kept using the roller but seemed to have no clue you could do anything else but roll with it. Must have splatted him half a dozen times back to back one match.

Then the one after that I got him and two other rollers and managed to carry them kicking and screaming to victory so that was pretty fun.

Finally made it to level 10 so now I'm gonna relax and finish up single player. I can't wait to see this final boss.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

tidiox posted:

What does the Disruptor actually do if you hit an enemy with it? I think I've only had one confirmed hit, but it was against a guy with a charger who just kept slowly walking and charging his shots.

It slows down their movement. Not so great if they're actively shooting at you but it can help keep them from getting away.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh god I was in those matches with you this morning. I was one of your two rollers. :D

Oh so you were! You know that list of all the NNIDs should really have included the display names as well since some of you are harder to recognize.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

Splat Fest details. You can't play normal games while it's going on, and you can only play with players who pick the same thing you did against people on the other side. You get 2 Snails just for showing up, and the most you can get is 24 if you're dedicated to getting the highest rank and your side wins.

This sounds really fun. I can't wait

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't handle those spicy wasabi beats. :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

So close!

What exactly is the deal with the snail upgrade thing I keep seeing mentioned. I haven't seen anything about it in game.

You haven't seen them in game because they aren't available yet. They're the prizes that will be available from the splatfests once they start. Basically you give them to Spyke in the alley and he lets you either add more ability slots to a particular piece of gear or to re-randomize the abilities already on a piece of gear. They're the way you can make your favorite looking gear also be your best ones ability wise.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Speaking of which, everyone's in agreement that Spyke just straight up mugs the inkling with gear you want right.

That's the vibe I get when you special order things and that's hilariously dark thinking about it.

Only one per day because he doesn't want to draw attention and risk getting caught

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CatsPajamas posted:

You slimy hipster! :cthulhu:

It really is the best final boss fight.

I just beat it. Oh man that was amazing.

Has anyone gotten all their single player gear to max level? I assume there's no reward for doing so since that would be pretty grindy, but I'm curious.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 31, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bean posted:

In single player, in the first level with the invisible pathways, they have your ink color as this beautiful mint blue color. I don't think it's avaliable in multiplayer, is it? Why's there just a random ink color that's otherwise unused? Are there other colors in single player that don't come up in multiplayer?

Single player definitely has a couple colors unique to it. I've seen that mint blue and also lavender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Peewi posted:

The reward is getting abilities on your gear.

Single player gear, not multiplayer gear. The ones you level up by collecting the eggs.

• Locked thread