Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

RadicalR posted:

They should have a splatfest of pepper versus salt. Imagine all of the puns!

You're really pushing it here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What a mighty good man.

Let's talk about splat: I just got into the game, and I'm hungry for advice on gear. Seems like ink efficiency and movement upgrades are great, and I've heard that damage and defense upgrades aren't great, but I know nothing and there's nothing really linked in the OP.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Good to know I made the right choice rolling with a boater hat and a sailor-stripe shirt.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ElMaligno posted:

An actual good splatfest from europe? MY WORD!

The one about pineapple on pizza was v good

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
:yeah:
Motion controls in Splatoon are great. It took a minute to get accustomed to it, but I think it's a lot more effective than just the twin sticks.

Plus it's not as if using motion controls disables the right stick.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jet squelchers can't melt steel beams

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, most of the projectiles don't need anything close to a charged shot to kill. The missiles and little enemy-spawning capsules have ridiculously low health. Dodge missiles, pop capsules, charge up a shot for the fists and pineapples and you'll be golden.

I found the roller to be more difficult, if only because of the low RoF.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I love the L-3 Nozzlenose. I'm still not sure how to use the Killer Wail in an effective manner but the gun hits hard and fast if you've got your rhythm down and disruptors are a fantastic sub.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm going to the future because they'll have a cure for cancer by then greetings from germany

Heil Trump

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to travel to the past and kill cancer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm interested in how sprinklers will interact with the fans. Is it possible to keep a fan spinning indefinitely?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It ain't real, it's just nerds thirsty for Callie

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is it not unusual to get booted from games for connection issues during a splatfest or is there something hosed with my poo poo?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm just glad that I found a pith helmet in the shops today. My Team Past outfit would not have been complete without something so hopelessly anachronistic.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MustelaFuro posted:

Edit: Also gently caress the people who spammed the booyah and come on calls.

Inkredibly bad opinion, squiddo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Suaimhneas posted:

Reminder that if the other people in your team are not in America they'll just be wondering why you're spamming "Nice!" when nobody's done anything yet

Or "To me!" when you're right next to them

In the context of Splatfests, wouldn't the people you're playing with be in the same region?

Booyah/C'mon are superior anyhow :911:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

pichupal posted:

Actually, what do Booyah and C'mon translate to in Japanese? I see japanese players occasionally start matches with one of them so I'm curious if they have a slightly different translation too.

"カモン!" and "ナイス!", which evidently are just phonetic spellings of "Come on!" And "Nice!" respectively.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Rocket League mastered d-pad chatbinds. I'd kill for a "Wow!" that was visible to the other team.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My strategy is to die a lot to chargers.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

RadicalR posted:

That's a terrible strategy.

Everyone's a critic

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I had no idea bubblers could do that to bombs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Take me down to Inkopolis Plaza
Where the gear is fresh and the squid say booyah!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just for argument's sake, you could probably get the Squid Sister's outfits from them if they were going to exist/do anything in-game.

Eh, I don't know if Nintendo would do something like that. I'd honestly prefer if the outfits looked like Squid Sisters merch rather than seeing a bunch of Callie and Marie lookalikes in the plaza and in games.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lemming posted:

It seems that Callie is the choice of the skilled, discerning Splatoonist.

The discerning choice is to pick the side you like the best and not give a gently caress about the 2-6 sea snails you might miss out on being on the losing side.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

jivjov posted:

Is it not? I had never even heard of data caps until I joined SA.

I don't know where you live, but cable options are in many places extremely limited and if the one or maybe two high speed providers decide to start metering there's basically fuckall you can do about it.

In my area the only broadband provider is Comcast. I live in a city of over 850,000 people. Your other option is AT&T's DSL service.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Keiya posted:

Then you should be agitating for municipal broadband. Your community is lacking a basic utility - would you just say "that's not an option everywhere!" if we told you to get grid power when you asked how much it'd drain your batteries-and-solar-panel setup?

While municipal broadband has been a success in some parts of the country, the ISP lobby has been actively lobbying to make municipal broadband difficult or impossible to provide legally in many states. This isn't a fight the nerd community of Podunk County, USA can win.

jivjov posted:

The odd thing is...I live in America! I've had Time Warner pretty much all my life and never have had a data cap.

I don't know about Time-Warner but Comcast is definitely rolling out data caps in test markets within the United States.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The regular slosher gets a little more range if you're interested in flushing chargers. I've been using it a lot recently and it's very fun.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Dropping inkstrikes on squid parties feels so drat good.

E: okay seriously what the gently caress is it with squid parties and Flounder Heights

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 6, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Was it a pair of inkbrushes?

Octobrushes, it looked like.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We still doing squid styles?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

RadicalR posted:

Going team red because red is my favorite color. Don't give two shits about Pokemon.

M-mods???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I have the intelligence and emotional maturity of a child, I think that counts.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I want more music. I love "Ink Me Up" but I want more Squid Sisters tracks on the Splatfest playlist. I think the regular playlist has a good amount of variety but I could always use more!

E: customizable hairstyles tentaclestyles!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 20, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Nozzlenose is going to give me carpal tunnel but I just went 11-0

I've been getting wrecked by red more often than not, though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New fashion week post

Nintendo I see you peepin my post history

Dr Cheeto posted:

We still doing squid styles?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

WarpedNaba posted:

My counrty ended up building a proper jetpack. It doesn't explode or anything!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Jetpack

Due for production soon(tm)

That's not a jetpack! That's a fanpack. Seriously unfresh.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Who gives a poo poo, pick the thing you like.

I've got the grit to stand with sand.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

zolthorg posted:

gently caress you that failed me like ten times in a row. I want to be the jerkbag who doesn't pick sandcastles based on knowing in my heart snowmen are boring. I need the arbitrage bet to get the most expected value out of time put into maxing splatfest power/score/whatever it is called now.

Is this your gimmick now or are you serious?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

That discord link is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

WarpedNaba posted:

Given how these concerts are going, how long until we get Squid Sister vocaloids?

Vocaloids cannot properly replicate the sound of Japanese singers drowning in bubblebath.

• Locked thread