Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
w00t

won my first match on the new level with the zapper.

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
More a slave to fashion than stats. Tried to take the unchanging shorts into consideration.

Current look:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

I told you guys ink resistance was insanely good. The difference is absurd. A tiny puddle of ink will turn you into a slug without it.

Does it work when you're a squid or just when you're a kid?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
And here that seemed like a poo poo upgrade

whelp

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerdbot posted:

I don't think Splatzones is fun, at all. It's not even a matter of "oh I was put with bad players," even when I have a good team and win I don't really have fun winning it. I don't think the gamemode really works in Splatoon.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pulp rag posted:

I wish we got a lot more time fighting the Octolings, because I like their designs.

Octoling amiibo will unlock an octoling skin for your character. They will make exactly nine of these amiibo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IronicDongz posted:

I'm still mad that I can't buy my inkling hairstyles

inklings don't have hair

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

:toxx: clause up some gang tags imo. Winners of Cat Vs Dogs become the gang tags.

What say you Team Dog?

May the best Cat win.

As someone who is planning on losing a lot of matches representing Team Dog, I have to say: i am ambivalent about your suggestion!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cats are neat, but I'm doing my part for Team Loyalty

I'm no artist but I'm having fun. I love seeing people put effort into Miiverse posts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SL the Pyro posted:

... more than two maps in the regular rotation, which it really needs.

I've seen a lot of comments of this sort, but I think the game is pretty darn well thought-out the way it is. Sure we want more modes and stages and guns and gear and all that, but the design decisions seem pretty drat good. Most of the so-called needed improvements are minor quibbles and personal preferences.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really like the way the stage rotation works, especially in ranked. I choose my loadout based on which two stages are in play at that moment. Sometimes sniper or roller seems obvious, but sometimes it's a real split decision and I end up going with a blaster or the Jr. Same choice between ninja jump and ink resistance, etc. If we got to pick stages, or if they were all in rotation all the time, I (and so I presume others) would find it easier to get more into a single playstyle and be pants at everything else. The rotation stops us being stale and keeps us fresh. This is both thematically appropriate, and really good for game longevity I think.

QUESTION: Do people not in Japan, Europe, and NA get to participate in splatfest? If you live in SA, Aus, or somewhere else, how does it work?

STAY FRESH and vote dog

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oopsie rock posted:

If you are not in a Splatfest region when a Splatfest is occurring, the only difference for online play is that you won't be matched with people whose regions are having Splatfest. You can still choose between Turf War and Ranked.

So I guess what I'm asking is, is everywhere included in some spatfest region, or are you SOL if you live in a certain place?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

noirstronaut posted:

i ate squid once and it was gross. squids are friends to me.

It was cooked badly. Good squid is good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heran Bago posted:

Ninja squid is great for swimming up a wall. If you can tap the stick to stay there you can really get the drop on people chasing you.

Doesn't ninja squid explicitly not work when swimming up a wall?

It does seems to work sliding down one, at least in the test range.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Akarshi posted:

Is it just me, or is A- like...really hard?

I'm stuck at B+. There seem to be a lot of people who made it to B+ by dicking around the edges filling up their nearly worthless inskstrikes the entire game, but they sure as gently caress aren't helping me get past B+. I can't stand seeing the countdown to losing at like five seconds and people are still driving around or standing back in safe ink instead of jumping in there and shooting like crazy hoping to gain control for just long enough for their team to get there. Who the gently caress are these people?

OTOH, I've been loving around changing my Mii's name a lot and giving people something to look at. Who just splatted you? YOUR MOM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Do you automatically wear the splatfest tee during splatfest games?
Like, if I don't care about the main ability, should I bother leveling it up, since it's just going to disappear after the 'fest?

Also, why the gently caress would a Lv20 A- player put a beacon ON THE SPAWN POINT #myteamsucks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

Sorry about that one. Hit the R button by accident when spawning, and you can't tear it down afterwards.

Haha, don't know if it was you, but someone else in the same match put a sprinkler there. On the spawn point. In ranked.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

Which will cover the home base and give them special meter?

It was already fully inked :downsgun:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
To anyone who has played in a splatfest: do you have to wear the splatfest tee during? Should we bother leveling it up since we lose it after?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Stop sexing squidkids

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deviant posted:

Great, another game mode I can't play with my friends.

Maybe all the modes will rotate once there are more than 2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haha I just noticed the Wacky Waving Tentacles Inflatable Tube Squid at the side of the skatepark :lol:

Just like the (sometimes) funny graffiti, I love the distracting funny poo poo that can make me get splatted from looking at it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haha gross

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MinibarMatchman posted:

alright sounds good. I have never given a poo poo about ranked in anything so sounds like I'll be good

Don't give a poo poo because it's ranked, the rank does nothing except matchmaking and give you bonus monies. Give a poo poo because the actual play mode is different and fun

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Did they really nerf Ink Resistance Up? Those bastards :negative:

I almost always use it, so I feel your pain, but it was really good before.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

The big money sink is rerolling slots but that's such a crapshoot and has so little impact you might as well not bother

True. I've rerolled on my red chucks like six times and I think my original skill loadout was the best

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bubblers have been pretty ridiculous in my games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tower control is such a different game. I like that the modes are so very different. I changed my weapon and total gear loadout, and there was a heck of a learning curve.

Feels great when you jump right on and ride straight to the goal, but just as often you feel helpless and utterly outmatched somehow. It's a bloodinkbath!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, lovely teammates really stress me out in Splatfest and I can totally laugh it off in ranked. Good job making me give a poo poo for some reason, Nintendo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm no artist, but drawing puppies for splatfest has been far too fun.

NNID: bonburd

Friend me so we can splat. Yeah my dogs.

Catgoons and Doggoons welcome!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just had my first loss for Team Dog. Made it halfway through Dog Defender first.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Had one disconnect and two games of 3v4 in the whole time earning Dog Queen rank. USB adapter is where it's at. (Also playing good and being on team dog is where it's at)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Astro7x posted:

Wait... so the winner was not decided based on win percentages, but some weird hybrid that included team size into consideration?

lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Next Splatfest: Tower Control v Splat Zones, but playing turfwars of course, and instead of a T-shirt, one team gets a limited edition rapid blaster and the other team gets an e-litre

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

Yep, he's a shiba.

Does he like broccoli? This is important.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY BALLS YOU CAN SQUID JUMP AS THE KRAKKEN

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If I could be on either this month it would absolutely be a waterslide because it's 999 degrees.

Also: squid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am not complaining about the choices Nintendo has made. I like Coasters vs. Water Slides. Nobody wants to passionately argue either way about it, though, and that is great.

Anyone who choses roller coasters over water slides is an rear end in a top hat, a fascist, and probably a pederast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The tall vertical waterslides are scarier than rollercoasters because you really are in freefall with no safety equipment. Newer waterslides like the "watercoaster" at Typhoon Lagoon do go uphill and as for loops, well just image search "waterslide loop" There is the hilariously bad one we've probably all seen before, but some badass looking ones too.

Rollercoasters are cool and I like them but I think I'm going waterslide.

• Locked thread