Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hossin is pretty cool actually, good job SOE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I miss BCP to be honest.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AT mines have always and will always continue to be amazing. You can place them in the laziest fashion out in the open on the center of a road and certs will still drive straight into them to be deposited straight into your cert account.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I feel command chat on all the factions is pretty horrible, just one faction is a little more horrible than the others.

Actually, can you mute command chat? That would be fantastic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Okay awesome, I am going to have to do that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Do tank mines remain even if I switch away from Engineer? I assumed not but I got a kill with them a couple seconds after respawning as a Medic. If I'm wrong it'd be nice to get confirmation because I'd use them a hell of a lot more if I could go back to playing Medic after placing them.

You can switch classes and they remain. However, if you switch from engy loadout 1 to say engy loadout 2 which doesn't have utility pouch equipped some mines will despawn.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wish the warden (All Battle Rifles) were a little bit better. I have tons of fun using it but the amount of effort you put in to get a kill could of been used to kill 2 or 3 guys with any other gun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can you still only have 10,000 certs max? I feel like I have over 10,000 cert spent in various acquisition timers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yes yes yes yes

Epic High Five posted:

You can only earn up to 10,000, but you can get certmases to above that. You just have to spend down to below 10,000 to start earning them again

Awesome.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Flagrant Abuse posted:

As someone who had never even heard of Planetside until seeing a pre-launch trailer for PS2, what exactly is an ANT?

An ANT was a little one man vehicle that would suck off a warpgate to store a bunch of nanites. You would then drive/be airlifted to a base to sploog your nanites into a receptacle at a base to refill its power. Refilling bases not under attack was boring and lame but loading 3 galaxies up with ANTS and airlifting them into a base under heavy attack at 10% power was one of the best things to happen in PS.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also ANT races were kind of fun for a few minutes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You could load an ANT into a Galaxy Day 1 Minute 1 of Planetside. I don't know where this lodestar fixing things is coming from.

But yes most the time ANT runs were bullshit and lame but having to use them to keep a base under siege from running out of power was awesome and still is a good concept. Just having to keep bases topped off everywhere was tedious and retarded.

Tempest_56 posted:

ANTs aren't really a solution - but I can see them being a good step. Rather than having to resupply every base, have it be for keeping disconnected hexes in supply. So you CAN still hold a base that's been cut off, but you need those supply runs to keep churning out tanks/C4/revive grenades for the fight.

From what I read on the Roadmap I think this is the route they are going to go which sounds pretty good to me.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 9, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You could hover near the ground and then lock the galaxy and the ANT would roll out the back. It would be fine as long as you weren't too high up.

But yeah if they add this to PS2 and also don't give the galaxy the ability to carry vehicles or something it will end up pretty awful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So do you still equip grenades or does your guy just have a magical generator attached to them that spawns you grenades as long as you have nanites because that sounds horrible.

VV Good

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Give me an ANT module on a Vanguard. I'll get that fucker where it needs to go :smug:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So yeah, when did they buff the poo poo out of the bulldog? There's no reason for it to beat the poo poo out of MBTs as much as they do.

For tanking spergy talk a super battle-tank with side-sponson cannon controlled by other people would be pretty hilarious.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hows the new NC Medic Assault rifle? What is it like 443 RPM or something hilarious?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I resubscribed and lost my premium space Romeny membership. That sucks, I have canceled and resubbed months later and still had my maximum membership before.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nakar posted:

If we all just gave in and joined TR we'd probably win things for everybody just on the weight of goon presence alone. Then we would finally become The Enclave, and suffer a grim moment of realization that we are the monster we once fought against.

I would play on a TR outfit if it was on West Coast in a heartbeat.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why is the Gauss SAW so awesome? I wish they would release another 200dmg LMG so I can get a new auraxium medal. The other lmgs are pretty good but lets face it, they are no SAW.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Buff the Carv.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I miss this game and its official forums.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would of thought NC pubbies would have learned that the SAW is one of the best LMGs in the entire game by now. Do they really still think it sucks?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So you can actually kill a person with the concussion grenade itself? I did not know this until now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Rakthar posted:

So if I read between the lines, they're willing to take the game off maintenance mode and start staffing the team properly (2 new headcount just recently), but only if they can show potential future revenue growth that would scale with the increase in subscribers?

Yes? They're still a business after all.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I never said it was the best thing they should be doing, only they are a business in it to make money so trying to find new ways to monetize their game is not surprising at all. It's also SOE so of course they are not going to do things right.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Some times I just use a galaxy to get from point A to point B because its a cooler entrance then some lovely little ESF.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Vernii just follows the correct philosophy of "Never stop shooting" and he should be commended for it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aaod posted:

Do you really expect me to navigate the menus and buy grenade every minute?
You don't buy anything as an infantry person. You purchase your stuff automatically when you equip/spawn but don't need to "buy" it if you never used it last time it was equipped.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azerban posted:

So: I'm running around as grenade medic and die, while sitting at my death screen I see I have just enough for a MAX. I respawn and run over to the terminal, but by doing so it will subtract the nanites, and now I don't have enough.

Is this accurate?

Did you throw all your grenades when you were alive and then when you died spawned as the same class? From my understanding of the system then yes the act of you spawning as a grenade medic causes the game to charge you for the grenades you used in your previous life (And refill them on your current life) and you no longer have enough resources to grab a MAX.

Kind of a crappy situation in that instance and hopefully they will allow you to spawn as a MAX again. Not even really sure if the reason they got rid of MAX spawning will be an issue for anything as long as you don't let them drop pod. I don't even recall their reasoning beyond MAX drop podding all over the place.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Here's hoping they just let you spawn as a MAX from the get-go. Does anyone else remember what their reasoning was for not being able to do so?

This would be the best way to solve that particular dilemma I think. And the only thing I can remember about changing MAX to having to equip was because of drop pod abuse, I guess they don't want 20 people just spawning off an AMS instantly though as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The C85 would be cooler if its model was literally just a giant jackhammer strapped to the top of your vehicle. Instead its some sort of chode tube that looks retarded.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Lets all take the time to admit to ourselves that probably none of us know anything about actually balancing a game like Planetside 2 and we'd probably do a way worse job if we actually had to do it.

Yeah probably but at least I could finally give my NC max two giant Gauss Cannon arms for AI duty.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey so some of my guns have foregrips attached but when I look at the cert page it says I still have to pay for the foregrip ahh what?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Has SOE done something to NC Max Slugs or am I just really rusty with them? They seem not as accurate and have damage degradation now?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

A lot of my poo poo certainly seems to have disappeared during the last year or so. Without a doubt I had AP rounds and armor for the Vanguard, and I should have the Reaper for my medic, but none of those are there anymore and I wasn't refunded the credites, because I only logged in with ~250 credits.

Yeah me and my friends are in the same boat. Lot of poo poo is gone and not nearly enough certs were in our accounts to account for "refunds".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So wait, is the extended mags just a perk so you can also run foregrip on the GODSAW? Cause jesus christ.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

All attachments are baked in, no customizing. The LMGs are getting a unique barrel attachment that acts as both comp AND grip so that they can get exmags. This is probably necessary due to SOE deciding to make LMGs a real hassle to operate without grips so that exmags wasn't so brainless a choice like it used to be.

Oh my that gun is going to be amazing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I completely forgot underbarrel shotguns were even a thing in this game. I had to look it up on the wikia to make sure I just wasn't mixing up some games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How would you guys feel about giving Light Assault a "Laser target Pointer" or whatever you want to call it but its basically a very obvious laser beam that a LA can shoot at base turrets (Just starting with that) and while channeling on the turret friendlies in the same squad can lock onto the turrets with Lock on Missile launchers.

I know its not exactly needed but was just trying to think of ways to have LA provide some synergy and support to a squad beyond taking to the skies and killing mans.

• Locked thread