Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

It's a shame that Thompson became a caricature of himself in his later writing Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail: 1972 is still the best campaign memoir ever written and you wish that he still had that energy for Better Than Sex, his book about the 1992 campaign, but it's mostly scans of faxes that he sent to Clinton staffers while drunk.

I don't know, "a collection of stuff HST sent to Clinton staffers while drunk" still sounds like it might be worth reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
John Lott wrote a book called More Guns, Less Pants once, but apparently it's pretty lovely.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Unzip and Attack posted:

Also, Chingon IPA is the best IPA. It should be illegal to make beer this delicious.

I have four bottles of Devil Dancer sitting in my refrigerator as I type this. Your IPAs are bad and you should feel bad.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

drat. I can't even beat you on "at least MY really good beer is from a local brewery" points there, because apparently so is yours.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
At least we can all agree that Ron Paul would be Gold.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

Funny thing about Upper Michigan: It's a solid red voting block, just about everyone is a Republican, with one Rep for the whole area(and he is insufferable). But guess who the biggest employer in the whole area is:

the state of Michigan

I find that oddly hilarious for some reason.

I actually have an uncle who lives in the Upper Peninsula. A couple months ago he posted a picture of some Michigan State Police interoffice correspondence about him on Facebook. It literally describes him as "a long haired radical, who is active in demonstrations and political functions".

Frankly, I'm kind of jealous.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I give you the best thing ever posted to Twitter by a sitting member of the US Congress.

https://twitter.com/john_dingell/status/491586961392816128

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

razorrozar posted:

Arthmoor can eat a dick and hopefully the people he 'takedowned' are telling him so.

What did he do now?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

razorrozar posted:

Tried to c&d some mod authors, according to Agents Are Go.

Was this a recent thing or just a reference to Gategate?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Agents are GO! posted:

KInd of an extension of it I guess. Arthmoor is pushing an expansion of mod author rights which puts compatibility patches and stuff under the control of the original mod authors, but excludes dynamic patchers because the content is run on the users computer.

Ah, I heard about that. I thought it was a direct "take down mod X/Y/Z now because I'm bluffing a lawsuit" thing, not just more of his "Der Modder Hat Immer Recht" schtick.

(Edited because apparently "modder" is in fact a loanword in German.)

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 25, 2014

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ReindeerF posted:

I think we can all agree that immigrants who can't use the internet are immigrants we don't want!

At least we can be sure they won't take our jobs :v:

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

There is just sooo much we don't know about the human mind, much less the brain. We treat BiPD with lithium, but we have no idea why it works. It was discovered on accident when a dude was injecting crazy person piss into rats for some reason and used lithium salts for chemical reasons and found out it tranqed them :shrug:

And another drug that has been used in recent years for treating bipolar disorder, lamotrigine, was originally a treatment for epilepsy.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Bob James posted:

Christians infect themselves by consuming the blood of Christ. It's really unsanitary.

Transubstantiation is strictly a Catholic/Orthodox deal, so Protestants are in the clear disease-wise. Except possibly the Anglicans.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

visceril posted:

What do you suggest, bub? People keep posting dick pics? Post more dick pics? Because god forbid they post less I suppose.

What's wrong with you? Do you have a horse in this race or something? Like are you worried your fapspring will dry up?

Never posted nude pics (insert goon stereotype joke here), never gone looking for celebrity nudes, still think you're a victim-blaming piece of poo poo.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dreylad posted:

is the kiddy pool with plastic balls a euphemism for something or are you being literal

Sadly, it's the latter.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Amazing, amazing.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Once one of my friends told me that literally all anime in Germany is dubbed over by the same three voice actors or something

Eh, you get that over here too, especially with video games. If you've ever played anything with voice acting, odds are it's featured the voices of Steve Blum, Cam Clarke, and/or Jim Cummings.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

mooyashi posted:

Which is possibly still the funniest thing on the internet I've ever read.

DO NIGGERS HAVE X-RAY VISION??

Yes, but only if they're secretly demons, gremlins, or possibly Satan.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you ever wanna know if someone smokes, ask someone you suspect how much an eighth of an ounce is in grams

Without using Google or ever having smoked, I'm going to guess about 4.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ReidRansom posted:

I thought the guy in the gibbis ebola thread was just kidding. How loving sad is CNN...

Let me put it this way: CNN willingly hired Piers Morgan at one point.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

mooyashi posted:

Okay I just started watching Alpha House and good god when is an episode going to be titled Small Penis Rule?

Well, if nothing else we'll know Friday if the answer is "during Season 2" or not.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Why not just quote what he felt was a good response and identify the source? Witnessing isn't supposed to rely solely on your own words or anything.

Because what he was doing was even more pathetic: going to an Orthodox Christianity forum, pretending to be an atheist, using arguments gathered from D&D in his posts there, then replying on D&D using arguments gathered from the Orthodox forum.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3403012

EDIT: And just for the record, Yinzer and Alexander Nevermind are the same poster. The same account, even.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It's been said before by people who are much further to the right than I am (and with far less reason for saying so), but seriously: gently caress Greenpeace.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ThirdPartyView posted:

Kyrie eleison is a poor man's Darkwater.

It's kind of hard to argue that point. Seriously. Darkwater was like a Catholic Gordon Klingenschmitt.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Berke Negri posted:

how does the Jesus gimmick thread keep giving

hosed if I know. I actually managed to get Kyrie to break character over two weeks ago, and it didn't slow the thread down one bit.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Get a Whirley Pop. Makes waaaay better popcorn than a microwave.

I know this post was from about a month ago, but I want to quote it anyway to thank Joementum for informing me that that exists. Ordered one about a week ago, and I'm already very glad I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Chuck Johnson followed me on twitter. :wtc:

you know what you have to do

• Locked thread