Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SedanChair posted:

e: Who'll face me in Doonesbury Quiz

Number four was inspired by HST (and is my avatar)! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I wonder what the 5% of Harrison, Arkansas residents who aren't white think about that sign.

What they think and what they openly say are clearly two different things given the local KKK chapter.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tokamak posted:

In Australia, the Liberal Party is the name of our Republican Party.

Isn't it technically the Liberal-National coalition or The Coalition?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

confused posted:

It's an interesting approach to fixing money in US politics founded by the always amazing Lawrence Lessig. I've donated $200 to it.

Why? Didn't you see that Brian Boyko thread?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

don't kill yourself, it's okay to be wrong.

Stan Smith would disagree.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

i don't know who that is

American's greatest hero. :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Deadulus posted:

Our, only assignment about the period was to be given a biography of an industrialist and write a report.

I had J. P. Morgan. I don't remember what I wrote, but I am sure it is hilarious if I can find it.

Did you write about the time when he held the world economy hostage (during the Panic of 1907) in order to acquire TC&I for US Steel? Or when the Pujo Committee found out that Morgan effectively held control of the vast majority of the market through interlocking directorates? Good times.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

I could swear this already happened once in the 70s or 80s, around the time things like Prop 13 in California and other "taxpayer revolts" were happening. And it was laughed out of court and led to the dude trying to bring the suit getting audited later.

Nowadays there's actually penalties in the Internal Revenue Code against frivolous tax positions (under Sections 6702 and 6673) as well as some potential criminal penalties; they came to be in the last decade or so.

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Non-profits are corporations as well, they just have an IRS letter.

That's not fully correct - some are legally (and tax-wise) trusts (and even fewer unincorporated associations).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Spiffster posted:

Also has anyone gone and seen the new America movie that kinda went under the radar? Looks like it's from the same guy who made 2016 Obama's America... Yeah... He's back :psyduck:

Dinesh D'Souza has to recoup his legal fees (for something he ultimately plead guilt to) somehow, after all.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

made of bees posted:

Who was the person who used to post in D&D that people accused of being a sockpuppet of Huntsman, because he seemed to be the only person who cared about him?

Arkane and he still posts in D&D occasionally.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Isn't Doral College some unaccredited shithole charter college? Well earned by Pitbull.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hedera Helix posted:

Not tell anyone that I had said million dollars.

Then go to jail for the resulting tax evasion conviction? :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

what do you think non-american pizza looks like?

Lahmacun? :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

I'm reminded of when National Review decided that The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again, The Beatles' Revolution, and The Clash's Rock the Casbah (and 47 other songs) were conservative anthems.

Born in the USA is the best.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

this might not be exactly what youre looking for, but have you considered auditing the fed

I can even do the auditing! :thumbsup:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

All I know is that Phil Spector is History's Greatest Monster for the Wall of Sound...

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 20, 2014

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Friday" by Rebecca Black is the greatest song of all time.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SedanChair posted:

I swear before god I will post every song they released after Can't Buy a Thrill and before their reunion if no one stops me with force

Do it.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

agarjogger posted:

Why aren't you assholes watching BTTF Pt.II?
Hey, holy poo poo, we're like a year away from The Future!

We still have 15 months until flying cars and hoverboards...

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

Also an amazing album or film if nobody's ever heard or seen it: Stop Making Sense.

"Girlfriend is Better" and "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)" are the two highlights, although the whole film rules. :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

god i'm so glad that ronald reagan is dead, here's to dick cheney going next!!

Dick Cheney will never die since he's Satan's agent on earth and has already survived (roughly) 2,434 heart attacks.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Swan Oat posted:

unrelated question, i haven't looked at the eastern europe thread since the plane was shot down, is there anything worthwhile to read in like 1500 posts or is it all just dumb speculation and arguing with mightypeon archaeo?

Fixed to reflect the correct second situation.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

someone should ethnically cleanse the i/p thread of bad posters

Well, that or give them fugly 'gang tags'. :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ron Paul: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!"
Ronald Reagan: "UGUU~!"

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 20, 2014

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

You know what the funniest show on television is? "Ancient Aliens" on History - that's some hilarious poo poo. :haw:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

made of bees posted:

Was that the one that had an episode about how the Apollo 11 astronauts were all Freemasons and performed an ancient Egyptian ritual which made the entire Moon eternally property of the global Masonic shadow-government or was that another show on History Channel with Giorgio Tsoukalos talking about aliens?

Sounds like it could very well be "Ancient Aliens"; it's the embodiment of :tinfoil:.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Ancient Aliens" update: a quite-serious discussion about Merlin being an alien/demon.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Also the plot to every Merlin story in like the last 50 years.

They just finished :downswords: about Moses and Pharaoh being puppets for two different groups of aliens that were having a West Side Story-style gang fight.

Edit: Apparently Babylon 5 is God, based on the CGI re-enactment of the alien mothership.

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 10, 2014

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Blindeye posted:

Wait, they cribbed Babylon 5 footage for Ancient Aliens?

Nah, it was a CGI thing of a starship that just happened to look like Babylon 5 with a superlaser on the tip firing on Earth.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Another "Ancient Aliens" update: apparently they personally intervened in the War of 1812 to save Washington D.C. (and America)! :patriot: :cthulhu:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Meanwhile, "Ancient Aliens" is up to doing detailed analysis of life on Mars.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Giorgio Tsoukalos trying to look serious is one of the funniest things on TV.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

e: he's now shooting his allies.

So he's Dick Cheney?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Is the film's theme song "Love Train"? :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Cercadelmar posted:

Since when was :barry: a smilie?

Since Michael Ramirez joined the forums... :tinfoil:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Serious question: what's so appealing about "The Wire"?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Also confession, the reason I'm talking up the West Wing right now is because I've also been on-and-off rewatching it the last couple of weeks and I just got to the episode where the two presidential candidates decide on live television that they're both so sick of modern presidential debates that they're going to have it out Lincoln-Douglas style and it's so fantastically unbelievable it's kinda hard to watch

So they're :newt:? :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

Huffing carbon monoxide on a daily basis is probably less dangerous and deadly than a lot of the stuff people have gotten up to there.

Everyone should inhale amyl nitrite everyday like good old Frank Booth! :v:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hedera Helix posted:

Warren Beatty's attempts at rapping were really bad in that movie. It was embarrassing.

You know who rules at rapping? Nick Bockwinkel. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

i love dicks

death to israel

You're the probation version of IWC... :stare:

• Locked thread