Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Mandatory unit fun day tomorrow! I signed up for the dominoes tournament :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Called the folks, friendly banter, family gossip, and then Dad asks to borrow $5,000 dollars from me. Why not ask the loving child that's a loving captain and not the loving corporal. Fucker could get a job while he's at it too.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Only guy honest enough to admit being licensed for a water buffalo. Got stuck being tc for truck running water runs while everyone else gets the day off. This is coming off of staff duty on staurday. Hows everyone else on hood handling the water crisis?

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Full Battle Rattle posted:

There's a water crisis on Hood?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/fort-hood-enters-emergency-stage-4-water-conservation/

Some construction guys nailed the only water line into the main cantonment. There was no water flowing in my barracks this morning.

I'm parked at the staging area right now. Theres like 80 something lmtvs with buffs here. Plus those trucks with the 2500 gallon tanks.

The fill point is a single hose that fills a buff in 7 minutes.

Long day ahead.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
The problem cole is that you have a Corps plus filling all available potable water containers with a single hose, and that the Army is running it.

My BN got the frago at 10pm last night, I didn't get hey you'd till 0730, despite the frago stating key personell were to be picked asap and to come in to work at 0600. My unit was an hour behind our brigades hit time for convoy departure.

It has gotten real dumb here, apparently my brigade hasn't had any of it's water buffs certified recently so we are now filling them, throwing chlorine in, testing it, if pass then dump and get in line again. If fail dump and scrub down on site and get in line again for another test.

Ironhorse :bahgawd:

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 14, 2014

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

This is like a third of the vehicles at the water point. I'm also unimpressed with the non skillcraft brand bleach they handed me too pour two thirds of into the buff before dumping it.

Apparently other brigades are in the same boat and thousands of gallons of clean drinking water is just being wasted here.

The water is also apparently working again in my area of the post so this may ultimately all be in vain.

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 14, 2014

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
2/3rds bottle per full buff. Its what a SSG told me to do, my mos is dubbed fister, as if I would know gently caress all about milspec potable water cleaning procedure.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Isimoad posted:

Ironhorse sounds familiar,

1BCT 1CD, aka the lovely brigade that hasn't been to combat in four years that my bn was transferred to.

Mission successful, one water buffalo deployed at the barracks, never mind it's leaks...

Total wait in line was about 7 hours.

The water point that saved Ft Hood.

Welcome to the Great Place!

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

stevenolson88 posted:

What unit are you in? This sounds awfully familiar to a situation we faced today.

1/1cd's newest Bn.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

psydude posted:

There is no extended scale anymore.

Doesn't stop people from still referencing it, my company used it to determine who would get air assault slot.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Just in time to become his units new schools NCO! At least he didn't dehydrate to death hidden 50 meters from a well traveled road.

Won my personal Normandy this morning, my maxing of the push-up is relative to the fucks given by the NCO grading them, which today was none given.
My Market Garden will be the spur ride I'm not eligible for, but on the list for anyway this Friday.:bahgawd:

They haven't even published the MOI for this thing, and are just throwing whoever into it. 1SGT then puts out later in the morning that the APFT scores today would be used for adding or dropping people from our spur ride. I've dodged two of these things and am now getting rail roaded into one with 6 months till ETS. gently caress the Army

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

6 more months until OC beach bum status.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Spur rides over, success. Drank so much water to stay hydrated that I od'd and began puking everything out 3/4ths through. 10/10 would not shave tail again, we're holding another one later in the year where we get to be cadre, the cycle of hazing enriching history into cavalrymen continues.

gently caress the NBC and medical Lanes.

Anansi, hey there man, be careful with that poo poo or you'll end up as a red/green stripe message on the wall in front of our training room.

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 26, 2014

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

white privilege posted:

a prostitution ring at all male benning osut?

Just need a mypay post and we got him.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Nerato posted:

"gently caress yeah I can drink and drive. I'm a sergeant first class, what are they gonna do?"
On Hood they apparently make them cut grass in front of the DFAC where their joes would go at lunch time, public shaming at it's best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
I'm out in six months, enjoy buying your new uniforms guys.

• Locked thread