Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Darkseed 2 by Slowbeef and Diabetus. It's a weird and terrible adventure game that they manage to make entertaining, but what happens near the end is what makes it essential viewing. You don't want to skip ahead or read about what it is beforehand, because it's best if it takes you totally by surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

As a request what is Retsupraes best stuff? Some of it is lame but there are some good things as well

You might get better recommendations if you say which of their videos you've previously enjoyed, because then people could point out others like them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

I've loved the Longplays I've seen, I'm going to watch the Last Alert one right now though, since I hadn't seen it.

Darkseed 2 is absolutely essential viewing, and King's Quest V and Shadow of Destiny are also really good. I'd avoid Noir and Cobra 3D, just because those games are so dull that there's really not much they can do to make them entertaining.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Are there any good LPs of the original Half-Life around?

Freeman's Mind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

goodness posted:

Can anyon recommend a good lp to read/watch for comedy? The only LP I have ever really enjoyed are boatmurder dwarf fortress and the animal Crossing evil Tom nook one. I guess neighbor are actually an LP but anything that is humorous should be a good start.

Dead to Rights: Retribution played by Slowbeef and Diabetus

Blue Stinger played by OatmealRaisin and Panzer Skank (thread)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jon Do posted:

I've seen a lot of streamers who read everything, too. Seems to be regarding people who are watching on phones and the text is too small to read. Or, say, if you want to watch and be able to mostly just listen while you do something else.

I really appreciate when people summarise written stuff, because I don't want to read all that garbage, but reading it all is going too far. If I want to know exactly what it says, I'll make the effort to read it myself.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I don't know if there's a retsuprae thread I never see, but I like that and only discovered by accident that it's also Slowbeef and Diabetus commenting on games. Specifically it's them commenting on terrible games usually played by other people, though SlowBeef did just finish a playthrough himself of Sonic 06 that by the end of it they both seemed completely drained of hope or mirth. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he stopped being the mod for this sub forum.

He only just finished the Sonic LP a few days ago, and hasn't been a mod for ages. I think he actually stopped being a mod before he started Sonic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Is there a good LP of The Stanley Parable? Because I heard that that game was great and I played the demo, and I don't get it at all. I want to know what people who like it see in it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Powerfrog posted:

Towards the other extreme, what are some LPs where the LPer is clearly better at the game than 99.99% of people and it shows?

Melth's Civilization II LP.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I assumed that just got merged into YouTube. Did they just abandon it then?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Powerfrog posted:

Also, which of the DOZENS of dwarf fortress LPs is the best?

Boatmurdered.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pizdec posted:

Any recommendations for an LP of the original GTA (other than the only one in the archives, which I found kind of meh)?

I stopped watching part way through (just because the game itself is really repetitive to watch), but you might like this one by Crosspiece (unless that was the one you meant?)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SWMadness posted:

was wondering if there are any other good glitch showcase, speed-run based, or "Let's Break" style LPs I should check out?

I liked this Dishonored one by perochialjoe.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Allstone posted:

I've just read The Dark Id's LP of Drakenguard and I've got a hankering, so can anyone recommend me some good LPs of bafflingly/humorously bad games? Either screenshot or video is fine

Retsupurae have done quite a few. Darkseed 2 is especially worth watching. I also enjoyed Harvester, Hopkins FBI and Afterfall: Insanity.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Thoughtless posted:

There was this Civ 2 (I think) LP where the player completely dominated the game on the hardest difficulty. I'd like to find that thread

Here it is. And here's the archived version.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Faerie Fortune posted:

There's always DoctorKill's Zelda threads, where he plays Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask completely wrong. I can't speak for the MM one since I haven't seen it but the OoT one is great, with dungeons being done in the wrong order, at the wrong time, with the wrong items, with a level of skill that borders on wizardry.

Do you need to be familiar with the games or is it really obvious how wrong it is?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Leon Cross posted:

Any good "in character" Let's Plays?

Freeman's Mind.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Danaru posted:

Why do people keep using imgur when Lpix exists? :saddowns: I like reading SSLPs on night shift downtimes but the firewall blocks imgur. This is like the third one I'll have to pass on since I can't see the pictures

Lpix is kind of a pain to use if you're uploading a bunch of images at the same time since you have to do them one at a time and then go through and move them (one at a time) into the correct folders. With Imgur you just select them all and they'll be uploaded and automatically put into a gallery.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Anyone got a good recommendation on Wolfenstein?

Temin_Dump's LP of every Doom and Doom-adjacent game has already covered Wolf3D and SoD and will presumably get to the recent ones eventually.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Also looking for a good Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines LP, preferably Malkavian or Nosferatu.
Not either of the clans you're looking for, but this one by gatz and TheMcD is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm in the mood to read some strategy screenshot lps.

Civilization II by Melth.