Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Fat Samurai posted:

Just a minor nitpick on The Last Express recommendation. While I agree that the LP is great, both because the way Olive Branch handles subtitles and the exploration of almost all the options that game gives the player (of which are many), the game translates non-English languages on it's own. Either that or my memory is faulty AND Olive Branch knows French, Arabic, Serbian, German and probably a few others.

The game only translates some conversations, and Olive branch found people who know these languages to translate the rest for him. I wanted to offer to translate the Serbian part, but someone beat me to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Migeman posted:

Are there any decent LP's about of the first three Splinter Cell games? SC1, Chaos Theory and Pandora tomorrow all have dead links on the Archive. I've been looking on youtube and a bunch of the ones I've found aren't really all that good.

Splinter Cell 1 and Pandora Tomorrow:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sociopastry posted:

As much as I like unfair's work on other games, his Deus Ex LPs put me right to sleep. Did anyone ese ever do these, hopefully with more energetic commentary?

Bobbin Threadbare is doing an LP of the first Deus Ex - He also has an extra section at the end of each episode where he talks about the conspiracy theories, books, and scientific/technological advances that provided inspiration for the game's story.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tendales posted:

There's a great LP of Twilight Struggle going on right now.

Beware of Comrade Dice. He will crush all your hopes and dreams.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tommofork posted:

The Ork CYOA wasn't completed but it was still great. It languishes in the archives.

There's an Imperial Guard CYOA still going which will likely outlast humanity. Link.

Dunno about any others, try the game room subforum in trad games.

You posted the same link twice. Here's the IG CYOA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202242

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone know of a good Starcraft/Starcraft 2 LP? I want to see the game but I don't really want to shell out money for a game I'm NOT EVEN SURE I'll like. Cheers in advance!

Starcraft 2 - Not finished and hasn't been updated for a month now, but fairly good.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

No, it hasn't been updated in two and a half months. What's the point in recommending an abandoned LP?

It ain't abandoned. It will continue again in a couple of weeks.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

tithin posted:

Anyone able to recommend any LPs for Endless Legend or Age of Wonders 3? I get that they're both kinda sandboxy, but I kinda want to watch an LP of them to get an idea for if they'd be something I'd be interested in.

There's an LP of the first 2 Age of Wonders games that will probably get to AoW 3 at some point. It's still in the pre-expansion AoW2, so you may have to wait quite a bit, though.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GentlemanBrofro posted:

I'm like 99% sure that there haven't been any real time strategy LP's. I'm talking like Total War type RTS. I know someone was doing a Command and Conquer LP and abandoned it in favor of playing some other video game.

There have been LPs of several Total War games, and there's one going on right now? :confused:

e: Shalcar is doing a detailed exploration of the game's mechanics, so his LP might be interesting to the guy a few posts above.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hey, I know you, you asked about a knowledgeable playthrough of Arkham Asylum about a year ago, right? There's finally one going on! (here)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Chuu posted:

What's the Grey Hunter LP where he accidentally blows up a planet?

(If you follow Grey Hunter LPs you can probably guess what's in the spoiler tag since it's joked about constantly, but I'm spoilering just in case)

http://lparchive.org/Distant-Worlds-Legends/

(You can search the LP archive by author)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

steinrokkan posted:

Extra Credits is literally worse than trash, and so is anyone watching it.

I watched some of their history videos. :cripes: Like, they're not even just making mistakes, or simplifications, they're intentionally distorting history when it makes for a "better" story. And when they do gently caress up accidentally, BOOOOOY do they gently caress up.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Zedd posted:

Edit: I swear there used to be some streams/an LP about FTL: Faster Than Light on SA somewhere.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3623039

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Sinking Ship posted:

Seems like all their videos that were on blip were taken down :smith:

For auld lang syne:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Blind Sally posted:

they are on internet archive as well, check the red banner on the lparchive page

Nonononono, you need to do this the right way!

Dr Pepper posted:

Uhhh all the videos have been taken down. :stonk:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Niggurath posted:

Lots of parallels going on between Greece and LP'dom.

You're right, both were ruined by Germans.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Princey posted:

I'm looking for a chill, informative playthrough of an atmospheric and/or exploratory sort of game. Video please, either voice or subtitles are fine.

I've enjoyed the Demon's Souls, The Void, and Deadly Premonition LPs linked in the first post, and I just watched mastigophoran's playthrough of Eternal Daughter and liked it a lot, so 2D and 3D games alike are appreciated.

(Consider that a rec for Eternal Daughter, by the way. It's a neat, quirky little freeware Metroidvania and mastigophoran knows a lot about the game and shows it off well.)

Ether One by skoolmunkee is pretty great.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Powerfrog posted:

None specific: Really good must-see CYOA LPs?

Most of them are actually in the Game Room instead of LP, so you might want to check out over there. Plenty of good ones.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=103

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
By 'incident' he means that we accidentally energy lanced bunnyofdoom's pod in the rear. :v:

You're free to join us on another Gravedust-made adventure on Starship Awful

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwW8OKakKlA

Narrative video lets play of Total War: Warhammer as Prince Sigvald the Magnificent, splendid and spectacular servant of Slaanesh, with musical numbers and sing-alongs.

This thing has no right to be good, yet it somehow is.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MrNemo posted:

I'm currently only with a laptop and am in a big WH40k mood currently. Are there any good video LPs of those? The archive has a Space Marine one but I'd really love to see a good LP of Battlefleet Gothic or something. 90% of the Youtube ones involve someone being obnoxiously geeky, putting on silly voices all the time, or trying way too hard to be funny.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806669

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seconding SubponicatePoster's LPs. They're awesome and hilarious and the drinking games involved will likely kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seconding the recommendation for SubponicatePoster's LPs.