Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I am not a book posted:

Oh my god you loving spergs they're called kitchen shears.

:goonsay:

But seriously, they're still a type of scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Autumn Angel posted:

So with the battery lifehack, why would the batteries explode exactly? The voltage should be correct, so is it that too much current is running through them? The inner physicist in me is confused.

They'd short out and heat up, hot chemical batteries explode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Drink the car!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Desperado Bones posted:

Drinking "natural" flavored syrup...

Third world country life hack: Our tap water comes with actual dirt and human poo poo...drink bottled water, like we all loving do over here. And carrying a small bottle of water isn't that "difficult".

LIFEHACK:

I think.

I see what's going on there but I'm more confused by the product. Are those... shrimp fries?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

if he put sugar in the gas tank... why is the oil pan full of sugar?

Blew his head gasket out and the sugar leaked into the oil system? Somehow?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is that a piece of cheese wrapped in foil?

What is the resistance on a piece of cheese, anyway :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Choco1980 posted:

I'm more talking about how it seems like in every one of these sorts of stories, the person usually gets caught after trying it on the first person to actually question how suspicious everything seems. I can't imagine that people were that actively dumber back then, it all seems to fall towards a distinct overabundance of trust for people that's the real reason so many were so successful...

It's entirely possible that, on average, people actually were less intelligent a hundred years ago. For one thing there's the Flynn effect, where it's been determined that, since the 1930s, people have actually been getting gradually smarter each generation according to test sample.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Yeah since we are in the life hack thread they actually found one weird trick tax authorities don't want you to know

Play a massive shell game with your assets to get around paying taxes? Yeah, that sounds like a lifehack, stupid, over complicated, and bound to land somebody in jail eventually.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Use this One Weird Tip to get a judge to slam down maximum penalties for trying to gently caress with the system once he finds out you're not, in fact, bilingual!

Yes, for one thing they'll start sending you documents in the language you claim is your primary, so good luck with that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But it is pretty hard to get onto the internet to watch hobo lifehacks when you're busy trying to steal potatoes and eggs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

So basically civilisation has fallen and there are no more graters yet there's hard cheese.

Hard cheese is really easy to make without technology though?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sorry, dicks are carbs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, eating 500 calories a day is a good way to slowly starve to death. Even the most sedentary human uses more than that to sustain life processes, hell coma patients get at least twice that (more depending on body mass and quality of care, of course).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Palpek posted:

Hey guys, a single small pizza has arrived for us 4 grown men.

http://i.imgur.com/pZwqzsc.webm

Definitely belongs in thread, way too much for result, easily replaced by plates.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Palpek posted:

Not to mention that the pristine condition box shown there hasn't been exposed to pizza fluids during delivery like it normally is.

That raises a point too, when was the last time you saw a perfectly square, no weird bits pizza box? I know both Domino's and Pizza Hut have changed their boxes. I'm assuming so that the pizzas don't slide around so they can quit buying those little plastic rings you put in the center.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nah, simply owning a car depreciates the value, which is something a lot of people don't understand. Outside of a few rare exceptions, all cars get less valuable with age, regardless of condition or mileage.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

pienipple posted:

Most of these products are invented for disabled people.

Why they choose to market them with able people inexplicably flinging things around I don't know.

It's somehow less insulting? Also you can get idiots as well as people who would genuinely need a product like yours.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Un chien andalou posted:

Eh, I've done this before in super cold weather when I didn't have very good gloves. Beats holding a cold thing for several minutes and getting frostbite on your hands. #Arctichax

Buy new gloves when the old ones wear out, you can get cheap ones for like :10bux: that are decent if you buy them on sale. #lifehax :v:

But seriously, wear gloves when it's cold out, don't be mean to your hands.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DemeaninDemon posted:

Will the gas pump dude pack you a bowl too?

I would assume so, if he's cool.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like how one of these is just straight up how to break into something secured with a cheap padlock. That's not really a lifehack, more of a potential crime.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh come on, who doesn't carry around two new toothbrushes with them at all times in case their bike chain needs lubing or cleaning or whatever the gently caress that guy was doing?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cats eat toothbrush bristles. The ones that don't usually like to rub their heads against them or bat them with their paws.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Put landmines in your yard to deter criminals #warcrimehax

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why the hell would you do that when you can just hide a flask in it instead?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's a recurring bug, the missing post thing, I mean.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah hitting the reset button on your cartridge isn't going to fix lovely prints, you're just out of ink.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Palpek posted:

We've all been there:

Won't stop the weight of all the dirt from crushing you to death. So I guess this is primo lifehack.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't eat gluten so I'm basically immortal.

Something lifehackers genuinely believe.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clean out keyboard goop? I just buy a new keyboard about every two years, but then again I also just get like 20 dollar basic USB ones that are already starting to wear out by then.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Did you know that you can eat packing peanuts?

You can eat packing peanuts.

#lifehack

Only because they switched to making them out of corn syrup and wood instead of polystyrene.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Golden Goat posted:

Just eat all the god drat Doritos.

You're going to anyway, if you're a goon.. or the average American.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Meowjesty posted:

I'm drinking water until my bladder bursts and none of you can stop me.

Glug glug motherfuckers

That can also kill you. Stupid body, not being able to properly regulate water levels.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly you'd probably want potassium after exercise if you're getting leg cramps. Potassium deficiency is common if you sweat a lot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No, some of the fluids will be retained as urine or blood.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Platystemon posted:

Some will be lost in vapour in breath.

I forgot about that. Hey, that vapor also contains fat if you're been working out!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Considering that digital television encrypts the signal in a way impossible to watch without the key, that's a Quantum Leap hack.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Because they fill those packets to capacity so if you actually tried to do that you'd get ketchup everywhere.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Palpek posted:

Excause me, I'm carrying like 5 liters of vodka in various compartments made out of everyday items hidden in body cavities to save some money at a beach party. I'm not pouring half a bottle of wine into a gigantic ice tray unless it's the first step to somehow fusing the wine with Vicks VapoRub that I'll plaster my back with in order to absorb it through my skin at a concert.

This sounds like a great way to contract fatal alcohol poisoning.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Len posted:

I still can't get over using your daughter's boobs to sneak in alcohol. "Here honey, just tuck this into your tits. Papa can't go without a drink for a couple hours"

If you've reached that point I'm guessing that your wife wouldn't put up with it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To be perfectly honest, if somebody wants to get into your home, they can. The only way to stop it would be to station armed guards around the perimeter, and even that isn't always effective (see White House security breeches for example).

Your average burglar though? He doesn't want to break into your house, breaking into a house is messy and draws attention. He wants to find a nice unattended, unlocked house where he can walk in and walk out with a pocket full of jewelry or untraceable cash and no one but the victim is the wiser.

So security hax are just wasting your time. Just lock your doors and first floor windows and you're automatically going to stop most potential crime.