Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Life hack, eat corn with an impact driver to save time!

https://www.tiktok.com/@jasonderulo/video/6828457183580146949

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Yoooooooo, how many goddamn eggs do these people eat?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It is super easy to poach eggs you nerds.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you have ever eaten breakfast at any kind of institutionalized meal hall (college/military/the clink) you have for sure had powdered eggs.

They aren’t good but I have a weird nostalgia for them.

I've eaten many pounds of this stuff:

For a few weeks that, and canned beans were the only sources of protein I had available.

It's not a terrible substitute for typical American style cooked-to-death scrambled eggs and omelettes, taste and texture are surprisingly okish, drown in ketchup and hot sauce per usual.

Scraping Ova Easy off hot steam pipes is less pleasant.

Not a good replacement for properly cooked fresh eggs by any measure.

Lots of personal trauma from being subjected to a diet of ~1000 cal/day consisting of egg crystals, rice, bread, and cooking oil.

Excellent life hack for dropping 30lbs in a month though.

E: real life hack is to live in a country with adequate sanitation standards for chickens, so they don't have to wash the eggs, then enjoy fresh eggs for up to 2 months if stored in a cool (not necessarily refrigerated) dry place, and seep eating lovely powdered eggs.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Nov 9, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Boiling water is just a kind of condensed steam.

What's a little latent heat between friends?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Apparently they are also brittle.

Basically is there a thing where people are saying to use particularly drywall screws instead of woodscrews?

Yeah, they're cheap, brittle and not corrosion resistant at all, which is perfectly fine for drywall, because they'll pull out of drywall well before they snap.

They are not good for construction, doubly so outside, and tripply so in the modern day, now that proper zinc coated construction-rated wood screws with all the mechanical and chemical characteristics one would want for constructing things are available for a reasonable price at every hardware store.

Compounding all that, they're terrible for use with those steel brackets, the "bugle" shape of their head makes them tend to punch through the thin steel. If those are rated structural brackets the only approved fastener would be a small, strong, flat-headed and galvanized structural nail, colloquially known as a "Tico" obviously that's overkill for your lovely pallet tree fort (wherein the pallets provide nothing of value aside from YouTube clicks) but a corrosion resistant pan head screw, like those made by GRK are like $6/50 count, and won't rust away in a season.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

There's no way that works, just about every remote takes 2 AA or AAA batteries in series, for a total of 3(ish) volts, 1 battery would be 1.5 volts and simply wouldn't do poo poo.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

organburner posted:

Do not watch this if you don't want to see hosed up hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzosDKcXQ0I

I appreciate her explanation of why an RCD or GFCI won't work to help prevent shocks from transformers, that's something I only know from working on ungrounded Delta distribution systems and isolating ground faults.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Xun posted:

I've drunken that specific liquor like 3 times in my life and I don't remember anything about the taste except a strong feeling of "oh my god why did I drink this" each time. Now I'm kind of wondering what was so bad about it

Maybe that's how it gets you

Baijiu is insanely bad, I once drank foaming purell hand sanitizer because I was bored and it tasted very close to how Baijiu tastes. The spot where I discovered the various Baijius at had some decent cocktails that played to its strong points that weren't terrible though, kinda like how most Gins are awful on their own, but can be delicious in cocktails.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Use this one weird hack to cheese up your pizza!

Parmesan makers HATE IT!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

NGL, getting the squashed triangle shape just right, so it casts a perfectly pizza sized antishadow is pretty impressive.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Kuiperdolin posted:

Roughly they do.

They get like 3x bigger :psyduck: how are you cooking lentils???

E: the internet confirms, Chickpeas, Beans, and Lentils all expand between 2-3X their original size when cooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's still the same magnitude of size.

That's my point, yes. Chickpeas change in volume when cooking is similar or equal to other legumes.