Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Life hack: when you have a mosquito bite, microwave a spoon and press it on the bite for 30 seconds. Be sure to take a microwave and a generator on camping trips.

You're scratching your arm while impatiently holding a spoon over a candle flame, you better make drat sure no police are around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor. But every once in a while...
It's a lifehack.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stairs posted:

What the hell is it with the UK and poo poo like "Chizzy" and "Jezza" and "Macca" for nicknames.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JHEEsrADM

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

Boozehack: If you want to be drunk at work secretly, inject the booze directly into your anus. You can get drunk fast without having people smell alcohol on your breathe!
Avoid farting though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Fantastic, because I cannot emphasize enough that last night's episode featured a man who plans to live almost entirely off of rabbits after a full-scale economic collapse, including defense consisting of a flamethrower powered by rabbit poop.
Someone's never heard of rabbit starvation.

Although I now have the mental image of a flamethrower that has 3 slots on top where you put the rabbits, and you carry a few more with you so you can reload. Or just carry around this giant bag of hay.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

It won't work with any other type of camera phone! What disappoints me most about this one is the example in the photo is a DVD of Following, "from the director of Memento." If he'd been holding up a DVD of Memento, that would have been meta enough to at least give me a chuckle.
Lifehack: tattoo a list of items you've lent to your friends on your body so you will remember down the road. John G. has my Following DVD. Will claim he gave it back. Don't believe his lies.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One weird trick invented by medieval monks!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dungeons & Dragons, yo. :smaug:

Why you'd "set" your dice to 5 and 2 I don't know, because 7 is exactly the average on 2d6 anyway. Maybe if you want to cheat but not draw attention to your results and also be really ineffective at it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you forgot to chill your wine, you can pop in some wine ice cubes and not water down your wine.

That's a great hack if the only thing you know about wine is NEEDS TO BE CHILL.

Also, the whole freezing alcohol bit, not that easy to achieve in a home setting.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's why busting out facts about endorphines is a creepy way of saying "I don't care if you don't want to and I'm prepared to verbally pressure you into it."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's a book by Peter Straub where that's the favourite crafting hobby of an abusive and religiously insane old woman. Not saying anything but for the last 15 years it was the only time I'd ever come across the idea, until now.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Whatever tech support he's eventually going to call on will tell the story for years.

TVarmy posted:

This recipe makes you cringe right out of the gate. And in the end it looks like what happens after a dog eats a box of crayons.

I've never seen quite such an eclectic mix of cutesy talk and profanity. "Mix until yummy yum-yum goodness ensues! Don't be a human being about it!" Are tumblr and reddit doing crossover promotions or what.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

I'm pretty sure that recipe was literally written by a pedophile.
Like I said

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm browsing Ikea Hackers to get some ideas for a desk (it's not very fruitful) and spotted this one: Kids desk and cat toilet all in one.

A dream come true.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

14.) Store-bought pastry dough can be filled with pretty much anything, then baked.
You can make turnovers or empanadas whenever you want but let's go for nutella and marshmallows today. :barf:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack: a kitchen sponge costs like 50 cents yo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

TVarmy posted:

When you think about it, toilet wine, shanks, and using cigarettes in place of money are all lifehacks. Someone make a tumblr of prisonhacks and sell t-shirts about it so we can capitalize on this valuable and captive audience.
Lifehack: cigarettes make great universal currency.

Lifehack: No single girls where you live? Don't give up. We do mean universal!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Memento posted:

This has a lot of potential for hilarity in the same vein as that dude who baked iphone-shaped biscuits and pretended to speak into them to get pulled over by the police.
Pretty sure that one was small-scale viral marketing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darth Freddy posted:

The drink container one is the worse, what if you order large drinks? What if they have non standard cups!

Scratch that, the worst is the one where some one seems to be serving oysters?
Laundry basket + muffin pan = perfect for taking oysters on your road trip

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have this, it's pretty good. Tight seal, cleans up well, and I usually make curries and rice for my work lunch and the small tub holds exactly one reasonable serving of rice. Only the spork is weirdly deep but whatever the office kitchen has cutlery.

Course it's not so much "lifehack" as "product design."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I have one of these--they're pretty handy. No idea what the product's actual name is, but the box mine came in proudly proclaims that it's a "SOVEREIGN FOOD BASKET," and I'm not going to argue with that.
Tiffin box. It's what I would have bought for myself but then I got the other one as a gift, and it's good enough. Does have the advantage of being microwave OK.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I taped a thermal blanket over my windows, hoping to keep out some of the heat as well as light in the morning. Barely worked for the heat, was alright for light. From an interior design standpoint, I'd advise anyone to steer clear of it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A Moose posted:

LMAO some of these idiots waste money on a thing that ONLY CUTS PIZZA.
You can cut up ham really small with it as well!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack: our society places service employees in a perpetually precarious state of employment by design, make one follow your whims if you need a cheer-up. Your satisfaction might make the difference whether they eat tonight!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I really hope the joined tubes aren't for liquid.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

One of my friends is an attorney; I showed her this a while back and she said "that's a great way to get a public intox citation."
please keep that joke in the schadenfreude thread

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You could kill off your gut flora against the explicit advice of a professional or you could set up a composting toilet and indeed never flush again but :effort: I guess.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I had apartments in two different cities for a time and was at a store in a third city I used to live in, and their ZIP code question completely baffled me for a few seconds.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pauline Kael posted:

I'm going to guess you've never been to an actual American grocery store. I understand they tend to terrify and depress Europeans due to the large variety of items, and the low prices.
Speaking as a European, I went to a Walgreen's once, and I'm convinced it is conceptually a store for stoners. Entire large supermarkets over here don't have that much goddamn snacks and soda.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack: too bald to use your hair as floss? Grow a long beard and you won't even have to pull any hairs out!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Reminds me of

Nowhere else in the world has toast, apparently.
Did Lizzy lose her job? :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Cracked has another life hack not called life hack article. Including such wonderful ideas like putting olive oil on vanilla ice cream.

quote:

Food hack: order a product :effort:

quote:

Good way to grow your own mold.

quote:

Actual food hack: buy fresh goddamn garlic.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

As well as the mold issue, if you're looking at your home-baked bread and think, this is nice and all but it really could stand to be a little more like Wonder, something's gone very wrong.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You may think something doesn't fit in a butt, but someone already proved you wrong.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Lifehack: get liquid out of containers by unscrewing the cap instead of beating a hole into the side with a hammer.
Someone hasn't been to Oktoberfest.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wait I should have 1 litter box since I have zero cats?
Lifehack: roommate always blocking the only bathroom?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is there a lifehack for having your pizza not come out spongy?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

I also get erections around crumbs of food
Target group for the Oreo mascara identified.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

twoday posted:

Doing stuff normally?? Why not do it like an rear end in a top hat instead, here's how!

HAPPY
BIRTHY
BR____
(AGAIN)

The perfect crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dry and smoke the banana skins #90slifehacks