Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Saw this a while back:

Making pancakes by plopping some batter into a rice cooker. Who the gently caress wants this? Congratulations you now have a cake sized pancake that is poo poo to eat and didn't really save you any time or effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Automatic Retard posted:

I can't be arsed clicking those links right now, but I had such a hard-on for the blonde(?) chick on that show.

Life-hack: posting your sexual preferences on forums is a surefire way to get laid!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ah yes, the life hack of "put food in dough, then cook it"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Tracula posted:

Life hack: Use a loving ice cream scoop because it's a big, heavy metal loving scoop made specifically for that task you pieces of poo poo.

Thread hack: read the thread.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Farecoal posted:

too much work, can i just get my calories in liquid form

Life support hack: use an IV

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rad Tad posted:

if we're making a trip to expert village, we're making a stop here.

Flirting. What is it?

Had to close this like 15 seconds in.

If this guy is this awkward talking to a camera, there's no way he's out talking to women.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sociopastry posted:

My favorite thing about the tinfoil spoon is that he doesn't realize that the little hole on the sauce pan is specifically for that. You just jam the spoon in there instead fo loving about with tin foil. Or just... I dunno, put that poo poo down and wipe up after like a normal human being.

Not to poo poo on your life-hack parade, but that hole is so you can hang the pot on a hook.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Just buy a jar of sauce from the supermarket and microwave that poo poo. Cooking-hacks.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Lifehack: If you hide your booze inside a brown paper bag, no one knows you're drunk on the train.

Don't want to everyone on the train to know you're drunk? Simply drive your own car!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Lifehack: don't go to some piece of poo poo school that treats you like a goddamn prisoner in your own dorm room you donguses.

Gee this program is really great and the school is totally affordable with the scholarships but gee whiz I can't have a microwave in my dorm so no thank you.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

If you don't interrupt people, they will continue to talk! Amazing!

Also, any "hack" involving turning alcoholic drink containers into other things just makes you look more and more like and alcoholic.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Karma Monkey posted:

It's descriptive because it has no crust. Also, "Goddamn Pathetic" isn't very catchy and would be the name of 90% of the food items on the market if there was truth in advertising.

Heh, you sure showed, uh, food I guess. Take that food.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kalos posted:

Truly the best part of his secret chili seasoning recipe, where instead of using the pre-mixed McCormick brand seasoning packet, you buy a bunch of jars of McCormick brand seasoning and then make almost literally the exact same mix yourself.

It's this really dumb pseudo-elitism where a packet of mixed seasoning is somehow no good but canned vegetables are.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

twoday posted:

The lifehacks subreddit is exactly the sort of infuriating garbage advice from garbage people that you would expect it to be:

I'm fairly certain fast food places make up a bunch of meat and just assemble your sandwich when you order. Even if they had a bunch of premade stuff, what would stop them from just putting more onions on the premade sandwich?

Also, if you eat fast food you probably aren't already concerned with the freshness of the ingredients.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Saw this on imgur today: http://imgur.com/gallery/SPM1sJI

Helpful lifehacks such as "pour poo poo from around your house all over your house to fix your house" and "put poo poo in bags to organize poo poo".

For bonus laughs, the top comment is a rape joke.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

monkeytennis posted:

Some of those 'hacks' are full-on moronic. Dump a load of cooked mince in a bag of Doritos. And why does every 'hack' have to contain about 2000 calories?

The kind of people that want to make their life "easier" are the kind of people that don't eat healthy or exercise.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Lifehack: a kitchen sponge costs like 50 cents yo.

Lifehacking really is about doing the most effort for the least reward. True lifehacking is when the cost exceeds the benefit.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mr. Beefhead posted:

My god, you're right! Come to think of it, my dishtowels probably cost about 50 cents as well! And I'm sure my socks don't cost much more!

Lifehack: Don't waste time washing things when you can just throw them out you loving chump

If you get to the point where you think microwaving your socks is the best way to clean them, then yes please throw them out.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lifehack: Worried about germs on your veggies? Just eat cheetos, they come in sealed bags!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Stalin McHitler posted:

How do you make sure your chopsticks don't have germs on them? :ohdear:

Something something on the floor something something you animal

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

1stGear posted:

What happens if they cuff your hands in front of you? Do you just buy a key for every belt loop?

Don't be silly.

You swallow one, just in case this sort of thing happens.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Fine I'll be the one to do it. #Lifehack: Don't do stupid poo poo that's against the law and cops won't put you in handcuffs.

This lifehack does not apply if you aren't white.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Just go out and buy a coffee.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

This one is actually really helpful if you have lots of open bottles of wine.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Geoj posted:

Fixed...

Ahem, you will notice that the lifehack just says clean, doesn't specified used or not.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I don't think those are meant to be taken seriously, though. (Butt plug juicer is loving hilarious)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lifehack: Need a candle? Burn your dried dung like the animal you are.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I don't think anybody ever called this one out, but if your classroom constitutes a warzone you're doing something horribly wrong.

No one called it out because the rest of us have a sense of humor and recognize jokes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

That's not even a hack that's just making pizza harder

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

Using scissors to cut pizza for serving is traditional in Rome. Buncha crazy assholes who don't know from pizza, am I right?

America's been to the moon and they've invented a tool specifically for cutting pizza.

America 2: Rome 0

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

serious norman posted:

toilethack: use paper to wipe your rear end instead of your hand to avoid poo poo on your hand

Oh cool. But do I wipe the paper from front to back or back to front?

:can:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pauline Kael posted:

:goonsay:

Do you mean American Cheese, the pasteurized sliced squares, or cheese made in America? Two very different things. I'm going to guess you've never been to an actual American grocery store. I understand they tend to terrify and depress Europeans due to the large variety of items, and the low prices. It's ok though, with some effort on your part, you might be able to overcome your bowel liquefying terror, and come see that, much like beer, a wide variety of cheeses are made in the US.

Of course they mean American Cheese the sliced squares you goddamn goober.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pauline Kael posted:

There are literally hundreds of varieties of cheese at any normal American grocery store. Why the obsessive focus on one of them, that's really intended as food for children? Oh wait, of course, never mind. They probably carry the wrong kind of anime too.

I am saying this as probably one American to another, but American Cheese is not something to take national pride in.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

You're doing a wonderful service donating your organs to medicine.

#LivingHack: Don't want doctors to murder you to take your sweet, sweet organs? Don't be a donor!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

You could also save space by storing your leftover pizza in a container that isn't the massive box it came with.

But no, I'm sure pizzabox origami is much simpler.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Why are American Pizzas larger than a serving for one person?

Why are your lovely foreign pizzas small enough for one person? I don't think you guys "get" pizza.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

You can get larger ones, of course.

...and it didn't occur to you that the ones we were talking about might be of the larger variety?

This is why we had to save everyone during WWII.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

cobalt impurity posted:

Lifehack: don't pile your clothes on the floor like a animal and make use of a closet, dresser, or armoir!

Wake up put ur clothes on the bed. Time for bed, put ur clothes on the chair. #lifehacked

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

bringmyfishback posted:

OR

OR

OR

YOU COULD HEAT WATER IN A loving TEAKETTLE
(OR) ON THE STOVE

I'm not familiar with this particular brand, but coffee makers work the same as kettles basically so why is this a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

Kettles boil, coffee makers shouldn't, and you generally want boiling water for anything involving dried noodles or pasta.

I'm pretty certain you don't need boiling water to make Cup Noodles work

Source: I've been to college.