Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Took out a firebrand with 2xac5 4xml and the biggest xl engine I could fit. Pubbies are so bad I get away with a lot of stupid poo poo and still do good damage and get decent kills.

I... I had fun. :derp:

No poptarting so far... a drat miracle? Or did pgi do something right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Ahahaha, the cUAC-5 gets a heat penalty if you fire more than three, so you will probably explode if you double tap that thing.

Double tap half of them, once two third of them jam switch to double tapping the other group? It'd be like a dakkaphract with less downtime. Maybe.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

But you'll be attracting ghost heat if you double tap three of them. It just counts the number of times you fire weapons of a certain type within a half second window, so double taps count as firing a whole other set.

:psyduck: what

What's the stat difference between the IS and clan edition that warrants this?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dramicus posted:

Wait for the Summoner then, it should be out in a week or so. It will be the first clan heavy to be released for c-bills. The Timberwolf is better, but it's coming out in like 5 months.

He says he doesn't care about the wait so... stormcrow? Diverse and fast with jets. No idea on the release date though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Is it still fun to run around with a spider wielding a single erppc? It wasn't good but it sure annoyed the gently caress out of people. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Well, I mean I think you answered you're own question man. It might be fun but it ain't good.

All I meant was whether or not that was the same as back when we started running it. But I guess the answer is "yes"!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Just browsed some stuff on smurfy's. Are those ammo-per-ton stats for clan weapons bugged or is it as insane as it looks? 35 shots of ac20 for a ton? The clan uac20 taking up LESS space than its regular clan counterpart? I know clans are silly but this is more than I thought it would be.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ahahahahahaha everything is on fire and it is beautiful.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

The irony of this being Overlord artwork isn't lost on me.

It is on me. Is this a pubbiemon reference? :confused:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Bieeardo posted:

Overlord's minion critters are colour coded. The most common ones, with no special abilities?

Brown.

:colbert: browns are best at melee and taking a beating.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So if I understand this correctly the King Crab is essentially a 100 ton assault BoomJaeger. Even with ghost heat the BooJaeger still performs so having all that additional weight will open up scary options. Which is weird because ghost heat suggests they want to deter people running around in a BoomJaeger. Oh :pgi:

It says a lot about my money-managing skills that I will be getting one of those for free.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

I know some of you light guys run spiders. They're cheap, right? What lovely variants are there in addition to the ecm one that is slightly less poo poo since it has jjs and ECM? How do you master this robot out?

I'm thinking with medium lasers and the cool down module you can just turn into a green laser hose in the ECM variant, but the other ones look like they suck all dongs.

Can't recall if you can fit an erppc on that one but if you do, try that. Annoy people all day every day.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ah yes the menturion; my favorite robo with a shotgun. Pity it's not as durable as it used to be.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It hasn't even neutered boomjaegers. You can safely alpha twice and then chain fire after that. Now that poptarting is just about dead this build works great again. So...

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yes you scrubby IS guys it's not our fault that you are forgetting to "zerg" in a game where the unit count is the same for both sides. We can't help it that you're not using your factions' advantage over the clanners. :smug:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

That reward atlas will be exceedingly mean. Quad SRM6 + artemis / Quad ML / std350 / 20 DHS /max armor aside from 57 on legs.

So basically the Mawesome V2? I can dig it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

3xsrm6 2ml std engine hellbeast that, especially in the old days, was lethal as gently caress. All the missiles are located in one side torso. It's fast and compact so you can lose both arms and the other side torso while still retaining full functionality.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

They already got a render/concept art of the KC?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Vorgen posted:

LRMs and ER Large Lasers. Unless you've got tons of those on your medium you're better off waiting for the long-range fight to bear fruit and create a number of damaged assaults for you to shoot in the back than to run out and try to flank the enemy right away.

I think of a match as pretty much 3 stages now. Stage 1 is the initial contact, when the two companies first see each other. In Stage 1, missile boats and Large Lasers rule, and any brawlers, mediums, and non-ECM lights need to hunker down and search the immediate area for enemy ECM-equipped light spotters. Friendly ECM-equipped lights are the only ones that should be away from the clump, doing their scouting thing.

In Stage 2, the enemy has made a mistake, or run out of LRMs. That's when assault and heavy brawlers make a move to close in and bash some skulls. Mediums and non-ECM lights stick to them like a third arm, wait for them to engage, and circle around the fight to get in some back armor hits. Or, conversely, engage the enemy mediums and lights to prevent them from sneaking around YOUR assaults and getting in back armor hits.

Stage 3 is clean up, when you have either succeeded or failed in the Stage 2 brawl. Chase down the remaining fighters or run away like a bat out of hell.

If lances have split up, you can do this 3-step process multiple times, and Stage 3 is when you go join survivors and try to keep them alive.

The thing is that you could replace those mediums with heavies and now they can partake immediately from the onset.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The fact it comes with a fixed XL engine, and low for the tonnage and that, means that adding endo would only make your problem bigger: you would run out of logistic space on your mech even faster.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Stupid question time: do all clan autocannons fire in bursts or just the ultra's? Also why are the ultra's cheaper than the regular for clan. I don't get it. Just :pgi: or is there some merit in the price difference?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The Gate posted:

They're only there to be "placeholders" for the solid rounds LB-X's are supposed to have as an option. I don't know why they bothered honestly.

So do they actually function as 20 damage per shot cannons or are they just like the ultra's except they can't double tap? The ammo count per ton could have tipped me off. Never mind. :downs:

E: Running around currently with this Dire Wolf that is probably bad: Cannon Whale. It's fun though.

EE: First match I immediately run into Russ. I think he was the first to explode. :v:

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 23, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I sometimes throw in the two mlas when I'm behind a target that won't give me the time to fully use up all my heat capacity to srms without serious risk. Normally I prefer to front load and immediately twist.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I see most thunderbolts getting wrecked left and right. Their size and shape do not fit their tonnage.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The light fusion engine or whatever it is called would also be interesting for IS brawlers.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

gently caress it time for more wol action. Could I get an invite? Mwo name is Fustercluck. Much appreciated. :)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Hahaha a Kit Fox with ECM/AMS/cLRM20 hanging back and bubbling other lurmboats while an ECM Raven goes forward and NARCs/TAGs targets is borderline broken. :unsmigghh:

Yeah we just did that and it is quite effective. Until you run into 12-mans that are fully aware of Lurm Weekend. :shepface:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Chronojam posted:

We agreed that it didn't count as "playing" the game :v:

That's smart considering that actual dying over roberts is worse than buying/playing them.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Clan AF4.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Random Number posted:

To be fair, it was 2 direwolves running 4uac5 with lasers, your ddc, and Banano with the firestarter.

But yeah, that strong of like, 7 matches where we killed at least 2 people per assault was funny.

Just tried that dire wolf build, it's ridiculous. It chews right through everything.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

That's a damage potential of 1200+ iirc. Should be enough for a match.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Wasn't that a fact even without knowing the boxes? :v: drat thing gets ST blowouts all the time.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The biggest problem I see is that you have case installed on an xl engine build. Case doesn't protect the section it is in, it protects the section right next to it from absorbing excess damage from an ammo explosion. XL engine builds for IS are goners if they lose a side torso so it becomes moot. Besides that your armor could also use a boost. Drop the case and remove one jump jet. Full armor on the arms, rest towards your legs.

E: Move a ton of ammo into the head. It's not the easiest spot to hit and by the time you receive enough damage to cause an explosion in that section you're close to losing the cockpit anyway. A good idea would be to move the AMS in there.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 4, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

It's an upgrade from the stock builds newbies were forced in before, but then again everything is better than stock.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

In that case the only sane conclusion I can reach from that is it's better to just lose.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

I played a few games

:eyepop:

More eurogoons getting back in this?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

While I am all for challenges like this I hope we won't get one exactly like it. The idea is nice but the end result is anti team, in a way. I personally couldn't get the points needed but I had fun and can outfit a stormcrow soon. So yeah.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

I can't mess with the loadout, but I have 8.5mil cbills towards purchasing one. How much does that loadout cost?

After buying your first Stormcrow you can buy the individual sections of the other variants for about 250K per piece. You can then build most of the builds people mention for it without any problem. The only thing is that you need to buy the other two variants to unlock the elite skills. The Stormcrow luckily doesn't need those per say. Even with just the basics it's good.

I tried 5x streak srm 6 yesterday. I think I made a locust pop in one alpha. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

ArchangeI posted:

He meant he can't mess with the loadout of his trial mech.

I'm well aware of this. From what I understand he is new to the game and this would have been his first clan mech. What's wrong with additional information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

ArchangeI posted:

Because telling a new player to change the loadout of the trial mech might lead to unneeded frustration when its not possible?

He was thinking about buying the actual mech.

• Locked thread