Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I keep being told to play inFamous: Second Son if given a chance. Is it really that huge an improvement over the first two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So Second Son is fun as hell, thanks for the recommendation on that one. I can FIRE MISSILES from my GODDAMN HANDS.

Any suggestions on a decent pair of headphones I could use? My Turtle Beach ones need replacing anyway, but the awkward length of USB cable means I basically need to be sitting on top of the Playstation when using them.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, neat. They're not as expensive as I thought they might be either.

What makes them so good though?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I'm really enjoying Second Son at the moment. After Bloodborne's done with (about six years :v:) I'm thinking of grabbing First Light - I don't think Fetch a particularly interesting character, but is the gameplay enjoyable? Neon's definitely my favourite powerset.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've owned a PS4 for about three days, haha.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Definitely. It's more than eased my buyer's remorse over the PS4 (hmm, spending habits have been a nuts this yeah so lets pull things back and do more with the stuff I've already-BOUGHT A PS4 FOR BLOODBORNE). Probably helps that it reminds me hugely of Saints Row 4, with the zipping about and combat, but it's also a big reminder of what to expect from the current generation: I don't recall a single loading screen or FPS dip, and the graphics are lovely. :allears:

My PC's showing its age now so I figured what the hell.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I demand the update 2.50 come NOW so I can delete The Playroom from my trophy list. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Alternatively, you could 100% it

No camera. :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bah, there's no way to play Demon's Souls on PS4 if you'er in the EU is there? :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat, Demon's Souls is the only one in the series I haven't played. Ah well. Two weeks until BB.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Potentially silly question, but are there any possible issues I'd run into if I used an LCD monitor rather than my TV? I've never done it before so I'm completely ignorant about any screen tearing, etc, that might occur. :downs:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Using my PS with PC peripheals to post about starting a download with my phone. :lost:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So the wireless headset arrived you guys suggested to me and :drat:, my ears are having orgasms. My old turtle beach ones have awful quality in comparison. Seems they can be used on the PC too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What is Knack?

And I'm currently enjoying Counterspy far more than I should. Definitely feels like a budget title and I can't say I'd actually buy it, but it's fun enough to waste a few hours. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I really appreciate what Valiant Hearts is trying to do but there's an audible clunk between the narrative and medium going on that's incredibly distracting. Now you have to die here and not there for the story to go on, war is futile and awful now here's an achievement for saving everyone, etc.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Really annoyed BB is a staggered release. Why does the EU have to wait for digital goods. :firstworldsmith::

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
We get it on the Friday after everyone else gets it on Tuesday. Feh.

I am seriously tempted to make a U.S. account for it but faffing around with VPNs on a console makes my head hurt. Well that and the money is already in my UK wallet. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

You can literally just make a US account and then buy PSN $ from Amazon.com, it's that easy.

Well good to know for the future then!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So hey, how long could a new player go without getting the Destiny expansion? I was able to blag the base game for less than a tenner so it wouldn't exactly be a massive cost, but if there's no point then I'll just sit on it until the post-Bloodborne haze wears off. I know absolutely nothing about Destiny so I'm not sure if the extra content is just more levels or some sort of Reaper of Souls-esque revolution of the base game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
OK thanks guys, I'll hold fire then unless the game really, really grabs me. Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price anyway.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sorry to wank over the wireless headset but goddamn, the sound is utterly perfect. Maybe this is because I've never really had surround sound outside of a cinema but it's really loving with my head to hear things zipping about in a 3D space rather than just from a couple of dinky speakers. Even my PC headphones didn't have this. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Athenry posted:

The Gold Wireless headset? It will work wirelessly on PS4, PS3 and PC, and through a normal headphone jack on anything else (you just won't get the virtual 7.1 and eq settings.)

Yup. This is the headset I bought and I've had absolutely no problems with it. PC and PS4 worked with it straight away, zero fiddling.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Whoops, I don't know why I assumed its blue tooth. This is perfect for my needs though. Thanks! I'm gonna buy one.

Yeah, just put the thingy in a USB slot and your headset will find it. Don't be like me and not notice the microphone is built into one of the ears already, however! I spent nearly half hour rummaging through the box thinking I'd missed it. :downs:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SubponticatePoster posted:

AFAIK it doesn't care, US account gets it Tuesday.

e: It's still time-locked though, so you wouldn't be able to play it until the equivalent of midnight PDT, so 7 or 8 am in the UK.

Getting increasingly tempted to do this...

I assume you can't transfer wallet funds from one account to the other?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

No. Currency is locked to whichever account it's added to.

Bollocks. I can justify paying for a PS4 but not full retail price for two copies of Bloodborne.

Weep for my three day lag, people. :smithicide:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Friday in the EU. I think that means midnight Thursday which means I can sneak in a few hours before week, but afterwards I'm doing shifts all weekend and don't get a day off until Tuesday. :argh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Don't suppose there's a way to mimic Skype/MSN/some sort of IM system, is there? Not being able to simply alt tab in downtime and shoot poo poo with non-game friends is the only thing I really miss from my PC at the moment.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Just took this a minute ago, yes 12a Eastern/9p Pacific, Monday night.

oval office

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Being born in America, that's what you did. :colbert:

The only way PSN could be more dickish about this is pinning the countdown onto the main menu, ha.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
English, but I was surrounded by a lot of Australians growing up. Guess it's why I love that word so much. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Letting a friend borrow Second Son so I can play the campaign of Advanced Warfare. I feel like I'm twelve years old again with a stack of Nintendo cartridges in my rucksack. :3:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:laffo:

That was in response to the XBone's DRM or something, right?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How far in advance of release does PSN usually charge for pre-orders?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I feel sorry for Scholar of the First Sin getting released so close to Bloodborne. Feels like a passive-aggressive inter-team spat.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The second you preorder it.

I preordered Bloodborne a week ago but haven't been charged.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

VarXX posted:

People outside of NA get cool perks like being able to cancel preorders and not get charged until release day.

:psyduck:

That's weird but not unwanted. Thanks!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress arse cock. Can't trick Amazon to get US PSN codes as I have a UK debit card. It instantly shut my account down due to the discrepancy. Paypal's not even an option. :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

What did you put as the billing address? You have to make up an actual US one but they shouldn't ever actually check for online codes.

I put in a Google building address. The problem is the support staff noticed it wasn't the same as what's on my card information, so no dice. Apparently it's an issue with UK debit cards according to another goon.

e; I'll give that site a shot.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Electromax posted:

The PS4 console has the weirdest aesthetic implementation of the power/eject buttons. I bought one used 6 months or so ago and it took me a minute to figure out how to turn the thing on. I thought I was looking for some random zone of touch sensitivity like the PS3 had. Just remembered that when I saw a comment somewhere asking how to eject a disc from PS4.

After some time, the slant look to Ps4 has not really grown on me either, nor the glossy quarter panel. Wonder what the PS4 slim will look like - they've gone in some weird directions since the PS2.

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. Spent ten minutes trying to figure out the loving thing. Was in a constant state of :psyduck:

Even now I'm not entirely sure how it all works. Magic, presumably.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When I buy something from PSN will all user profiles on that specific PS4 have access to it, or just the user I purchased it on? If that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A lot of bosses unlock items on the messengers at your hub (the little dudes who are playing in the bird baths) or drop progression items. There aren't boss "souls" like the other games.

• Locked thread