Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hey, quick question regarding external drives on PS4. I currently use a 2TB external to store movies/TV. I have the drive fully partitioned to EXFAT. Can I partition the drive with other formats and still have the EXFAT partition work with the PS4? Thanks!

e:

NVM, doesn't look like you can partition a drive that's formatted as EXFAT Master Boot Record

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Props to Sony for releasing remote play on Mac in a really smooth manner. It took about two minutes to set up and works great. :kiddo:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Has the Mac remote play app been broken in the last few weeks or something?

I can get it to connect to the PS4 fine but it crashes every time I try to use my main account. The only way I can get it working now is to connect a second controller and use an alt account. Any ideas what's happening ? It was working perfectly a few weeks ago!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would recommend playing witcher 3 on the biggest screen possible and also sitting close to the screen. There's lots of text in the game that is bizarrely poorly optimised for console play, only making use of half the available screen space. Cool game though!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy gently caress there is so much boring climbing in UC4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Game looks insanely good though. Along with Hitman, Destiny and DOOM, it kinda sickens me how poorly optimised Fallout 4 was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda are lazy fucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

It was okay. FO4 is just bad.

It was the biggest gaming disappointment for me in a long long time. I put hours and hours into FO3 and New Vegas and bought 4 for €70 (!!) just so I could play it. I think I put in three or four hours and was just bored out of my mind. I also couldn't get over how bad the performance was for a ps4 title that looked like a game from 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snowy posted:

My friend just got a ps4 and I'd like to get her either PS Now or PS Plus. Is either one especially better?

If she wants to play anything online you'll need to get her PS+
The free games it gives you on PS4 aren't super good from what I've seen...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Does the star wars battlefront dlc have any single player level stuff in it? I just want to mess around and be dart vader, fly an xwing and whatnot, don't care about playing online.

Waiting for the price to drop to where that's worth it. Not sure if $25 is it. But do I care about the dlc's?

No

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guys, No Mans Sky was delayed til AUGUST 💀

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not enjoying Uncharted 4 as much as 2 or 3 to be honest 😟 there's SO much climbing in the game, it just starts to feel like filler very quickly. The gun fights are great and really show the progression from TLOU but they're few and far between. I keep waiting for it to get started but it just never seems to reach any highs like 2 or 3 did.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Count Chocula posted:

Does Doom have split-screen multiplayer? Will I need to actually buy a Call
Of Duty game to shoot my friends?

Yeah the COD series is basically the only good couch coop FPS on PS4. It's a real shame because ever since the PS3 there's been less and less couch coop. Time splitters 3 on the PS2 was the pinnacle for me and the lack of a HD update for it breaks my heart.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine being excited for a Ubisoft game. The biggest hacks in the industry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any way to set the panning on the PS4's headphone output from the controllers? Like on iPhones there's an option to make the Left or Right side louder. I'm a bit hard of hearing in my right ear and was wondering if any knows of any solutions!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

If I were to watch one of those cutscene movies on Youtube

MODS?!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I\m a recent Destiny convert and the vanilla Destiny endgame was hilarious. I played through it with a few friends and we couldn't believe how poo poo it was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

If you only did it recently then you had it good compared to those of us who played year one.

Yeah I heard from friends. The story is just shockingly poor. The graphics are insane though. It was the first FPS I played on PS4 and when I moved on to Fallout 4 I was super disappointed it didn't look anywhere near as good as Destiny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TLOU is leagues better than U4 and I loved U2 and U3.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

R6 siege is on sale for like €20, worth getting??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of Rockstar, The biggest tragedy of the console generation transition was Max Payne 3 not getting a PS4 remaster. I'd easily pay full price for it. The thoughts of those never-ending load times on the PS3 make me weep.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buy MGSV 👍

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Also amazing sound design and music 👍

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Seriously how does one hate anything about this game besides the load times and unskippable cutscenes.

It was a very accurate portrayal of current day Brazil. Also Max is the worst bodyguard

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you shoot an unarmored enemy in the head with a pistol in Uncharted 4, they die instantly.

I'm playing it this very second and they don't.
The dudes in the plain t shirts can take more than one headshot which is super annoying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but it won't stand out in the "oh poo poo this feels ancient and bad" way that XIII does :cheeky:

FFXIII was one of the first PS3 games I bought and it's probably my least favourite game of all time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

When I think of a badly paced RPG I think of DAI where roughly 80% of the maps and things I could do I was just thinking "why am I doing any of this"

Yeah I loved DAO but absolutely hated DAI. Bored the hell out of me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

In other news, apparently there's a rumor/report from an "insider" that Bethesda is going to release a new remaster of an older game. Which basically means Skyrim since that's the only one that makes sense.

It'll be Fallout 3 on their janky rear end Fallout 4 engine :getin:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MZ posted:

Watch Underscore Dogs 2.0 is due out on Nov 15th, here's hoping Ubisoft fixed the problems of the first one.

lmao

Szurumbur posted:

If they'd release Fallout 3 and New Vegas without memory leaks and stable framerate at the very least I'd actually be interested, after a while all my playthoroughs were stopped by the bugs (and not Cazadores) so I'd be glad to play the game in peace.

Thinking of Fallout, did anything ever come out of the "Fallout 4 allows mods" promise? I didn't hear anything about any mods for the console version.

They should do the same with FO4 :smug:

Seriously though,FO:NV was the buggiest console game I've ever played. Absolutely disgracefully bad. FO4 mods have just started coming to Xbox one and should be on PS4 soon!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MZ posted:

I don't think I ever want to play Skyrim again.

Yeah I legit think Bethesda have been getting worse since FO3. Elder Scrolls Online :gonk:

As a publisher and producer they've been making amazing stuff (Dishonored, Doom, Wolfenstein) but as devs they've just lost it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morrowind came out on the OG Xbox so who knows :shrug:

e: it'll probably just be Skyrim tho :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The moment I knew Skyrim was pants was when I came back from Valhalla after beating the main quest and the king of the land acted like nothing had happened. SO loving lazy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

Didn't they basically do Morrowind in the Skyrim engine as some kind of fan project.

Nah these projects never come to fruition. First it was Morrowind in the Oblivion engine, then Oblivion in the Skyrim Engine, then Morrowind in the Skyrim engine... they never happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Soft Shell Crab posted:

? And how do you play this game?

Yeah for real a tutorial would be nice

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh to have been there for the halcyon days when they gave away good games :qq:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ubisoft are so loving bad though so I'll definitely be waiting for reviews

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

I look forward to games that will run at average 23 FPS on the original PS4 and solid 30 on the NEO.

Fallout 4 out now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

J-Spot posted:

If you haven't played it since release it runs a lot better nowadays. Mostly 30 with occasional dips in heavy combat or dense urban areas.

I'm actually tempted to reinstall FO4 based on this. I tried it when it came out but the Framerate was totally abysmal and soured my experience with it.

Patched or not, Bethesda suck rear end at developing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

most ps4 games are native 1080

realllllly?!!!!

Anyway back to Fallout 5 , just reinstalled and frame rate does indeed seem to be better than at launch. Giving this game one more try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uncharted 4 makes my PS4 fans go full blast so I'd say you need more ventilation.

• Locked thread