Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone know how to control the other guy after you tag out in Universe mode? I save the matches with the the 'control partners' option and then it makes me choose one or the other when I start the match. Pressing select in-match doesn't appear to change your player anymore either. Did they really completely gently caress up tag matches for Universe mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Fly Ricky posted:

I need some goonchat on this new WWE Champions match-three game that just dropped, so I can min/max this poo poo without buying a $50 "Royal Rumble Value Pack" or whatever.

It's FTP garbage, but at least this time there's actually a half-rear end game attached. The animations and graphics are actually really well done.

Thought I was the only one playing this poo poo, just checked it out and didn't see any major changes though. What is this match-three game you speak of?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Fly Ricky posted:

WWE: Champions - Free Puzzle RPG by Scopely
https://appsto.re/jp/PTmP8.i

Sorry man, I think I misunderstood your initial post. I just logged into the game and saw the message saying the game has been released worldwide. I've been playing for a couple months now, Canadian btw.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I've been playing WWE Champions for months now. It pisses me off way less than Supercars did, which I gave up two years ago. There's still huge problems but overall its a great time waster.

You don't ever really have to put money down, you can get everything you need just playing. Getting a pull for a new guy is steep though (400 cash in game) and you're not guaranteed a new guy (you can pull nine cards of someone you already have).

One you get as far as you can on The Road go into versus mode and just face guys you know you can crush (using class advantages and team up bonuses). There no use having close matches because you lose too much health and gain less rank.

I like the new system they've implemented with the Premium Superstar Chips. Just play enough VS. and you'll get some good stuff eventually. I literally just pulled a 2-star King Barrett, gently caress yeah.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 27, 2017

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Not that I'm aware of, but if you did I'd be in. Currently I'm part of the NinjaTurtles faction. Cause I'm bad rear end.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Request sent Cam Sawyer

ShootaBoy posted:

Just put in my request to faction it up. Do your duders not heal on their own over time? Cause I'm kinda running out of medkits.

Yeah they do, it just takes a while, usually around a day I think.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 27, 2017

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah it takes time to get started, but as you play through the career mode you'll get more guys. Also you can get health packs as a reward for winning. It gets better.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Tato posted:

God I hate tag matches so much. I can stomach the normal candy crush cpu cheating stuff fine in a singles match, but when you have to beat two guys who just "happen" to always fall into four and five gem combos plus they can break up pins plus they can tag out, just ugh.

Come to think of it, I universally hate tag matches in all wrestling games when you're playing single player. No
Mercy, SDvsRaw, WWE 2k. I feel like in the entire history of wrestling games, tag matches have existed to do nothing but be aggravating and unfun in single player. All the games love sticking them in story mode to torture you.

I've played all of these games and completely disagree. On the whole tag wrestling in video games is fun as gently caress. If you suck at it in Champions it's probably because you are the one who actually sucks.

That being said, 2k17 is the first time I've ever just completely given up on one of these games and a big part of that is how hosed tag matches were in universe mode. gently caress that game.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey friends who still play 2k17, did they ever fix the thing in Universe mode where booking a title match adds a random match to the card? I've played through so many lovely glitches in these games, for some reason that was the one that broke me. Haven't touched the thing since October.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Where the gently caress is Fire Promoter?!?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I have this vague memory of a Gameboy Advance WWE game that was supposed to be like Double Dragon or whatever and the object was to rescue Stephanie McMahon from evil gangsters. Or something. Did I imagine this?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Also regarding Fire Promoter: when setting up your rosters, what’s the difference between active, free agent and inactive wrestlers?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Andy Organ and Harvee Dee are my favourite wrestlers.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shout out to the new stuff added to Wrestling Empire. Barbed wire, ladders and six sided rings oh hell yeah.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The cool part is with this years roster now you can make Rey beat his kid whenever you want.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah there's quite a few originals in the game, 30+ sounds right. I use those slot to make AEW folks.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My favourite thing about FPW is spending 16 hours setting up rosters and editing my downloads so I can customize them and create entrances and belts and rings and poo poo then playing for an afternoon before I move on to other things. I’m serious, I actually enjoy doing this.

Is this one of those things I should be playing on the PC?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

They give away the major twist with the cover and the title, all AEW wrestlers are ghosts cursed to fight forever by a cocaine witch.

I mean take out the thing about ghosts and this is a pretty accurate description of AEW. Unless AEW is haunted and no one has told me.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It really is truly bad. They should have got the guy who draws Dragon Ball Z to make a cover for them, I bet that'd look cool.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Okay so I’ve played FPW on the PS4 since day one because I dunno, I thought that’s how you play video games, but god dammit IGgy, you’ve got me curious about what you’re doing and now I have a couple questions:

1) Where do I get the pc version of FPW and all these mods or whatever?

2) Does it matter if my pc is a MacBook?

3) I’m assuming I can’t do any of this stuff on my PlayStation.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I enjoy how all of these wrestlers were "on the go" for their interviews in this. It really makes me feel like we're going somewhere, in life I mean.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Back when I played the wwe games I always thought it'd be really fun to do a legit 4-player tag match but my friends were all jerks with no patience so that never happened. The tornado tags were fun though, to be fair.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m watching DDT4 2011 and I’ve come to the conclusion that the AEW game won’t be complete until I can wrestle in that old Reseda community hall. They don’t need to make a big deal about it, just give me a ‘indy’ arena with a white ceiling and hanging light fixtures, a bar in the background and a guardrail made out of dudes holding beer jugs

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

No idea if this is “news” or not but I just saw the pre-order case for Fight Forever at the local GameStop. CM Punk was on the cover. I am excite.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The solo mode will be a replay of CM Punks greatest AEW matches but this time you get to whoop his rear end!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It blew my mind when I found out they shut down the servers to the older WWE 2k games pretty soon after the new game comes out.

Why would you ever give your money to them for bullshit like that

Hey. Sometimes you just wanna pretend you're Otis and whoop a whole buncha butts. Specifically Riccochet. Lots of people are saying.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Should I buy a ps5 to play Fight Forever or do you think a ps4 is good enough? I don’t play video games other than Fire Pro and Super Nintendo.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I can deal with loading time. Thank you Cav and Thank you Kenny.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Gavok posted:

Something stupid I've been watching when I'm bored is people on YouTube using WWE 2K22 to sim existing Royal Rumbles. Same wrestlers, same entrance order, same arena if possible. VERY different results. It's weirdly amusing.

Like there's one channel that has redone pretty much all of them, such as Royal Rumble 1996 where Doug Gilbert goes into business for himself by eliminating Shawn Michaels and Vader until his reign of terror is ended by Barry Horowitz.

I just started the ‘92 Rumble and I’m already lmaoing at Dave E! Boy… smith and his glorious hair

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shoulda called it AEW vs JAS: World Tour

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

AEW: You Deserve It

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I want a game where if my opponent gets too hurt they might botch a move and then I get to slap them in the face and yell at them and then chase them around the ring in an attempt to shoot murder them and the only way to stop it is if another wrestler hides them under the ring and I get confused and move on.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

ShadowedFlames posted:

Since I don’t have PS Plus at the moment I’ve been making my own “fun” out of it by setting up a league sort of thing for CPU v CPU exhibition matches.

In two and a half “weeks” of shows, PAC won the TNT belt off Darby and Jungle Boy cannot hit his finisher after he hits a double-leg takedown from standing position with his Special enabled. Five tries in two matches, double leg -> stands there -> pulls the opponent back to standing, repeat.

10/10 game.

I thought about doing something like this but then went back to Fire Pro.

AEWs next game should just be a new Fire Pro with the AEW roster.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I got the deluxe version of 2k23 on sale last weekend and will say I have been enjoying it. The matches feel more epic than Fight Forever and I like the various gameplay modes. I’ve had fun with the Cena storyline and Universe mode, and now I’m playing the GM thing and that appeals to my weirdo brain in a very deep and meaningful way. I can play that poo poo for like 12 hours straight before I remember to do thing like “eat” or “sleep”. Haven’t done any of the create a wrestler stuff though, sorry about that.

My biggest complaint is there’s too many losers I’ve never heard of in the game and not enough old school guys. Like, I get that Sting and Chris Jericho aren’t gonna be in it, but at least put in the dead guys that wwe will own until the end of time. I just wanna play as Rick Rude, dammit. Or Test.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

keithy george posted:

How much work went into Stadium Stampede, and is there a point in an awful battle royale if they can’t even use it to milk whales?

Excuse me

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 24, 2023

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

But I like long matches

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Is that supposed to happen

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Does Brawl 4 All count?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I played the John Cena showcase thing and thought it was pretty fun. There’s room for improvement but I like that I got to Beat Up John Cena a bunch. That was funny.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This last summer when I played Fight Forever with my 8 year old niece (who does not watch wrestling), she named her character 'Adora Nightingale', so I showed her a Willow Nightingale match and she thought Willow was really cool.

My 6 year old nephews character was 'Agent #6' and honestly kinda sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

STING 64 posted:

firepro also allows custom entrance music, even on consoles! 2k literally chooses not to do it

Hold on a sec.

Explain.