Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Folt The Bolt posted:

One more day, yet another step closer to Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World.

The promise of future Nintendo titles is what keeps me strong. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Sitting Bull posted:

Is Mario 3d better than Mario 64?

Yes. A million times yes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Ultigonio posted:

I don't think I'd recommend the first NMH too much. Knowing what I know of Red Steel, is the sequel actually that decent?

Red Steel 2 is pretty fun but I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

PoshAlligator posted:

Sonic and the Black Knight (yeah, it's fun and cheap all right)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (see above)

Let's try to have at least some semblance of standards here!

(Zack & Wiki is great though and should totally be on the list)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Afro posted:

Of all of Nintnedo's E3 announcements I'm most excited for this one

Same here. Good-Feel is my favourite currently active developer. :swoon:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 22, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Chaltab posted:

I take as little as 350 damage and it still drops me to a gold medal.

Taking no damage at all is the rule of thumb for getting platinum rankings in W101.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Roy's my boy! :slick:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Looks like the newest issue of EDGE is going to have a ton of Wii U coverage. It includes interviews with Miyamoto, as well as the developers of Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon and Zelda U.

Unfortunately, I have to wait for it to be up on Zinio before I can read it. :eng99:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

Miyamoto that's not how you hold the controller

Miyamoto what are you doing

No wonder Project Giant Robot looked so awkward to control!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Louisgod posted:

They're also supplementing some developers with budgets to produce additional content, like with W101 and Bayonetta 2. I think there are others but I can't think of them.

Devil's Third.

*sigh*

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

You guys are straight fuckers if Tanooki Mario isn't the best thing to ever happen in your life.

I just like Legend of Zelda a lot okay.

Also Tanooki Mario is pretty good but it's no Hawaiian Shirt + Sunglasses Mario. :colbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

the DLC hasn't shown up on the DDP site for me, I sure hope I don't have to wait for it to come out to get points.

Well, more like I sure hope I get points!

It usually takes a little over 24 hours for your purchases to be registered by the DPP website.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Artix posted:

I think the only thing we've heard is "comparable to Skylanders", which is like ~$10 a pop if I remember right?

Oof, it depends. Classic Skylanders are $10, yes. However, some of the more recent Skylanders figures have been bigger or have had an extra bit of functionality to them and those usually go for $12/$16.

I really hope the Amiibos end up costing €10, at least. :ohdear:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 28, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I just want cool Nintendo figurines.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Figmas are cooler if you really want to decorate your house with video game characters.

Yes and also like four times more expensive.

(Presumably)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

(From Nintendo's conference at Unite 2014)

Nintendo's audience really is primarily comprised of people who are looking for nostalgia fuel! :v:

vvvv e: That's a good point, actually.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 28, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Shyfted One posted:

How did Nintendo manage to do DLC well? WTF is going on?

I couldn't be happier though. The Nintendo life is good. :cool:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

The more important issue is does Gone Home have water and is it nice

There's rain outside and it looks pretty good? I don't think there are any bodies of water in Gone Home. :(

vvv e: Gone Home is definitely cute!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Cross-posting from the Smash Buddies thread:

JordanKai posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Nintendo UK has listed 'November 2014' as the release date for the Smash Bros amiibos.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/villager-no.9/10993681.html

You guys know what that means. :getin:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Goddamn, buying the entire first run of those would be a really loving stupid decision, wouldn't it?

I'm not saying it would be a good idea.

But I'm also not saying that you shouldn't do it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

jivjov posted:

Are the treehouse streams archived in any way? I have to work that night.

There's a pretty big chance NoA will put it up on their Youtube channel afterwards. If not I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere on Youtube eventually regardless.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

Joke's on you, Minish Cap sucks.

Spoken like a man who hates Pikmin. :patriot:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

There should be more games in the "Link Sleeps In" Timeline.

Wouldn't that basically the the same as the "Link fails to defeat Ganondorf" timeline, though? v:v:v

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Mega Man 7 is actually really fun! It's definitely not better than any of the NES games (well, maybe MM5) but it's still a drat good game in its own right.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Apparently its from some German anime con(??), looks like it was a mistake, its set up next to the 3DS demo area.

I think I just suffered whiplash from the sudden shift in emotions. :saddowns:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

I got Kirby Super Star from Club Nintendo coins and then bought Mega Man X/X2 and Link to the Past from the eShop while they're on sale. So far none of these have gotten me surveys from Club Nintendo. Should I not expect to get any, or is Club Nintendo still making GBS threads itself from the Smash code promo yesterday?

There are no surveys for Virtual Console games.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Then why did I get 20 ten-point post-play surveys for upgrading my VC games?? :confused:

Weird. I guess you just don't get surveys for them in Europe, then.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Hmm....

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

Preorder the DLC to get different color Yoshis and Shy Guys. Each DLC will come with three new characters. Link's DLC comes out in November (I think) and Isabelle's will be out in May (I think).

November for the Zelda DLC, May for the Animal Crossing DLC.

I'm really excited, but personally I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for future Kirby DLC! :dance:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

greatn posted:

I'm not really seeing a problem there. It looks like it hardly ever went below 40 and never dipped below 30

Dipping below 50 at all is already a problem in and of itself.

That said it's kind of hard to judge whether or not the game will have framerate issues from less than five minutes of footage.

e: vvvv Plenty of people care. Having the game play at a consistent 60 FPS in a high-octane action game like Bayonetta is actually really important.

Judging it by a youtube video is completely impossible though because youtube only plays videos back at 30 FPS.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Sep 16, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Shin'en (Nano Assault Neo, Jett Rocket) are working on Fast Racing Neo for Wii U. It's a sequel to their WiiWare FZero-like called Fast Racing League.

This screenshot is the only thing they've shown so far.

Fast Racing League was an okay game, but nothing special. However, with F-Zero and WipeOut both being dead franchises I'll take whatever I can get! v:v:v

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Hey Eurogoons, guess what just got added to the Club Nintendo star catalogue:

It includes all 46 tracks. Only 2000 star points, too! Get 'em while they're still hot! :dance:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Europe still doesn't have Ittle Dew on the eShop either. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

:fap:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So in a few hours there's going to be a stream of the new Fatal Frame game on NicoNico. Here's the link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv194450157

As you can see on the page here, they actually translated the announcement to English, including an English title for the game. "Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven" is not a literal translation of the Japanese title of the game. For one, the series isn't called "Fatal Frame" in Japan, it's called "Zero". For two, the subtitle, "Nuregarasu no Miko", translates roughly to "The Black-Haired Maiden of the Shrine". That's different enough from the title given on the NicoNico page to make me think that they didn't just mistranslate it.

Could this mean a Western release is happening after all? :dance:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

PrBacterio posted:

That translation makes for a spectacularly terrible title, though :psyduck:

Well it all depends on what it was soaked in to become to soggy. Maybe it was spooky black sludge! :ghost:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

greatn posted:

I didn't really like Viewtiful Joe that much either. Honestly, I haven't played a Platinum game I enjoyed.

Alright, but have you played Vanquish?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

greatn posted:

I have not? Is that the cover shooter with like a robot dog and you have rocket slides? Cause that game looks really cool. But all Platinum games LOOK really cool , they're just not fun for me to play.

Yeah, that's the one! I have a hard time getting into Platinum Games titles as well but Vanquish really clicked with me. I'd say it's the closest they've gotten so far to making a flawless product. It's also different from their other games in that none of its mechanics are arcane or might come across as counter-intuitive. It's a good pick-up-and-play game that's also very easy to get better at as long as you're willing to put some thought and effort into it. I highly recommend it! :)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Shelf Adventure posted:

Is 2 weeks really that big of a deal?

30 days+ for Captain Toad is a much bigger deal. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So, here's a little developer interview with Platinum Games about the development of Bayonetta 2 for Wii U:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggn-vhUxrw

What's interesting about this video is what the producer says at the end of the video. He says that there's something he can't reveal yet that we should be excited for.

Could it be that Nintendo hired Platinum Games to make a third game for them? :flashfap:

• Locked thread