Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gandalf21 posted:

I'll be upset if you don't, Skyward Sword is awesome :colbert:

Seconding this. I quit Twilight Princess and almost stopped playing all Zeldas. After beating Wind Waker HD, I tried Skyward Sword. I was shocked how much I enjoyed it. It's not a perfect game but it is fun. The skydiving controls weren't good though.

katkillad2 posted:

Little Kings Story not on that list or suggested yet...

ChaosArgate posted:

There is a distinct lack of Punch Out or any of the Trauma Center games on that list. :colbert:

These games should probably be added. I would also consider adding Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Strikers Charged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PoshAlligator posted:

Well, who was buying Call of Duty on the Wii U anyway?

I bought one when it was really cheap to try FPS wiimote controls.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

No actually W101 is amazing and for everyone, but a copy sight unseen. Buy two.

Try the demo first. Despite some vocal posters, opinions are mixed on the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just realized no EA means no NBA Jam if they ever decide to make another.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Wendell posted:

No fun ones though.

Defender 2000, Tempest 2000, and Brutal Sports Football are all fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

whaley posted:

People expecting the new Call of Duty to be good is about as good as people expecting that the NEXT Sonic game is gonna be the good one finally

Call of Duty games tend to be more fun than almost every modern Sonic.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Colors and Generations were very good though.

Generations was enjoyable but personally I was unable to get into Colors. I really wish they would have just made a sequel to Generations instead of Lost World.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I really wish the Wii U had better voice chat features. I don't understand why they wouldn't attempt to copy what Microsoft did last gen with party chat and being able to easily invite friends across all games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

g0lbez posted:

From my experience it's definitely not a joke. Every person I've brought up the Wii U with (not an exaggeration, literally every person) didn't understand that it wasn't some sort of add-on tablet device and was actually a brand new console. This ranges from older people to tech savvy people who own several consoles.

That has happened to me a few times. The name and ad campaigns did a bad job making people aware.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

axleblaze posted:

This...looks really boring. I realize that this is probably really early but man I don't know how they managed to make two pokemon fighting look blander than it did on Gameboy.

Two fighting types doesn't really help. With all the different powers Pokemon have, I'll be very disappointed if they don't use them/go wild.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Hey, I'm basically new to Zelda and want to play the best/newest one on wii-u. Is that skyward sword or wind waker? Thanks guys

Best one to play on the Wii-U is Wind Waker. Being able to use the gamepad to swap items is a great feature.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

OoT is boring as poo poo with ugly art direction and textures that made it look outdated on release.

You must not remember what games looked like when it came out.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Ah, the zelda cycle.

I liked Skyward Sword the first time I played it and still dislike Twilight Princess.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Like green and brown smeared poo poo. It was and boring and ugly even then. Metal Gear Solid came out the same year and looks amazing. Link to the Past had amazing art direction and more than 2 colors.

Two other big releases that came out around the time OoT was released. (Turok 2 and Tomb Raider III)

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Like green and brown smeared poo poo. It was and boring and ugly even then. Metal Gear Solid came out the same year and looks amazing. Link to the Past had amazing art direction and more than 2 colors.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 3, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Suaimhneas posted:

The best Zelda game is Okami.

Maybe best Zelda game with a wolf in it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

Blow into the mic for vuvuzela.

2010 World Cup on wii let you shake your wiimote to make a vuvuzela sound after scoring. This is a great feature.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I've actually never played Super Punch Out but love the NES and Wii versions, I'll have to get it later today.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"This is a butt clincher" Nintendo streams can have great commentary.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nahxela posted:

The only way I know how to play Strikers is to spam items and slide tackles and then get punished by the other person's items.

In Strikers your teammates really mattered. I liked Dry Bones because his charge up shot would stun the keeper, giving you a very easy second chance. Toad was good because if you timed his jump right he could flip over the Keeper. Monty Mole was probably the third best non-captain character because he could occasionally dig under the keeper.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gashroom posted:

2006 would have been a good time to invest.

I invested then, it was awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't know, they're finally getting around to making star fox. I have faith in this new nintendo.

Let's just hope it turns out better than the last original Star Fox game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Pegged Lamb posted:

Basically if its viable for weight loss

It really is if you also jog with the fit meter. I got the game when all you had to buy was the fit meter and I consider it easily worth the purchase. It caused me to get in much better shape.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, remember that point in the Wii's lifecycle where everyone was begging for a Wii lightsaber game and couldn't understand why noone had made one?

Guess what! Factor 5 made an enhanced remake of the Rogue Squadron trilogy for Wii and added tons of poo poo including first-person lightsaber battles that used MotionPlus, and it was fully complete, but LucasArts decided not to release it because ??? http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/cancelled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-wii-game-footage-found

This would have been one of my favorite Wii games, terrible news.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crawfish posted:

Man... modern Nintendo is weird.

Especially after Game Freak's recent weird design choices.

In the screenshots Link looked a bit bigger than everyone else in this game. Other characters are going to look hilarious on the Master Bike.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

They should release Mario kart 64's arenas for Mario kart 8's battle mode.

I'd pay $20 for online Mario Kart 64 Battle Mode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

More people should join the Goon Wii Fit U gym. I saw two people's Miis instead of one today.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

It reminds me of Dean Cain's magnum opus, Future Sport.

We need a Thunderball video game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15m_i6QPAXE

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

jivjov posted:

Who says it has to be comparable? Yes, I agree, it'd be a nice convenience feature to be able to log in on a friend's Wii U and download my games on there, but that's not a service that Nintendo offers. They have never promised to offer it, it is never implied that that will be the case, and there are no laws or regulations of account systems that require accounts to work that way.

It's 2014, that excuse would be much more acceptable in 2006.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Louisgod posted:

If at any point you've pressed the brake button or took your finger off the gas in an F-Zero game just do us a favor and loving kill yourself.

Doesn't that make it impossible to turn in the first GBA F-Zero?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

greatn posted:

Every major studio release this year has had broken day one online though. Smash won't be any different.

Mario Kart worked on day one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

This is pretty much all my Miiverse posts. I'm 5 years old.

I would Yeah all of those.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'll try to at some point, I won't be around my Wii U for about a month so I may forget.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Looper posted:

Smash 64 has extremely good sound effects

Japanese Smash 64 has even better sound effects. (Nintendo thought they sounded too violent for America.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Polo-Rican posted:

It apparently only happens to people who play For Glory. I'd bet $100 that it's due to players powering down the system as soon as they start to lose so they don't get a recorded loss.

It'd be hilarious if it was only happening to people who disconnect to avoid losses. I hope that's what is happening.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So stores should be getting more gamecube control adaptors for Wii U tomorrow right?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Misandu posted:

Why tomorrow?

I thought I read in this thread a few days ago that they were some stores were getting more shipments in this week. I don't know why I thought tomorrow was the day stores were supposed to get them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

FPzero posted:

Nintendo just showed off a trailer for Mario Maker at this Game Awards 2014 thing that's going on. Looks like it now has SMB3 and SMW graphics added and there's a ton of customization. Miyamoto also mentioned that if it's popular it may become a series of its own. I don't think a trailer has gone up yet from Nintendo's Youtube.

Those graphics in the game are an awesome addition.I really hope they add the option to use the physics from games that aren't SMB1.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Those graphics in the game are an awesome addition.I really hope they add the option to use the physics from games that aren't SMB1.

After watching that video it looks like they at least have the option for NSMB physics in game. Was really happy to see Mario wall jumping at the end. This game is going to be great.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't believe Star Fox is coming out before Zelda.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The issue is that they released too many sequels too fast and that's why people didn't like the New Super Mario series. People felt it was quickly made for quick cash ins and it didn't try to do anything different and wasn't up to the usual effort Nintendo puts in their products

robot roll call posted:

The physics and level design are impeccable as always in NSMBU but the aesthetics and music feel like they've barely changed since the Wii version. When you contrast it to games like Rayman Legends or 3D World where every level has something interesting and new it kind of pales in comparison.

I like the NSMB games (multiplayer is the best way to play.) I do wish the games had more music in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

So there's a rumor that the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth amiibos are discontinued. I don't get why or if it's even true but I'm glad I've got a villager, have a wii fit trainer coming in the mail, and don't care about Marth.

That seems really fast to make and discontinue something. I will say when I was at stores yesterday I didn't see any of those amiibos. Several stores also sold out of Link and Samus.

• Locked thread