Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Chronojam posted:

It might be worth adding to the OP that you get a discount on rebuying any Wii U VC titles you had on the Wii VC. I forget the exact pricing but it's like $1.00 for NES games to get the upgraded version.

More importantly seems many people have missed out on the Digital Deluxe Promotion that every Deluxe comes with, so we could have something about that as well. If you got a refurb or transferred from a Wii U to Deluxe, you're also earning points. People are probably sitting on money-back they didn't realize they have, which can be used for Wii U or 3DS titles.

Wii U DDP Details:
Earn points on all Wii U digital purchases made through Dec 2014
*Purchases made in the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii U do not qualify.
*Purchases made at the Nintendo eShop within the Nintendo 3DS do not qualify.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015
Activation codes earned must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015
There is no deadline to use funds once added to your balance in the Nintendo eShop\
*Funds can be used for Wii U or 3DS purchases

Yeah, good point. OP should have this too.

It's 1.00 USD to upgrade a NES title and 1.50 to upgrade SNES titles you already owned on the Wii VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ultigonio posted:

:mad:

Here's a quick look at what the Recommended Wii Games will look like:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=20252

Feel free to let me know if you see something that makes you want to, like, blow homeless shelters up or set fire to daycares or something.

Where is Battalion Wars 2? :colbert:

Actually it's ok, I'm like one of five people who bought and enjoyed that game, so I understand why it's not there.

Austrian mook posted:

Battalion Wars 2 is very good
:hfive:

Speaking of Xenoblade, count me as one of those people who would love to try it, but isn't willing to spend sixty bucks on a "used" game to just end up finding out that it's not my bag. Really wish Nintendo would do a digital release or something with it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

My only issue is why do we need to wait till May 2015 for the second DLC pack? Seems kinda stretched out for DLC, but whatever, Nintendo has the right idea as far as content is concerned.

Harlock posted:

Just end Mario Kart and make the next one Nintendo Kart. Or Nintendo All Stars Racing. Something less infringing.

I've been saying this since seeing how well done Sega's racing game is. I'm glad they're actually going for it.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 26, 2014

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

US dudes, TRU is doing buy one, get 40% off on all Nintendo games this weekend (Fri/Sat), in-store only:
http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/ListingDetail/Index/?StoreID=2561407&ListingID=-2036725752&ItemDetailClickSource=grid

Random question, but does anyone know if Best Buy price matches these kinds of sales?

Wanna get Hyrule Warriors finally and this might be the best way to do it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Kewpuh posted:

Zombi U is worth 50 dollars

edit: 100 dollars

Zombiu is worth 300 dollars. Source: I bought the Zombiu bundle on sale a little under a year after launch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Aperture Priority posted:

I got the same email about my Link amiibo as I read your post!

gently caress Toys R Us!

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order with them then (though I really wanted a Link amiibo). Here's to hoping I can get Best Buy or Target to price match their B1G1 40% off sale.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Oh for fucks sake, Hyrule is already out of stock. :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Is Resident Evil Revelations worth grabbing on Wii U?

I played a little bit of it on 3DS and enjoyed it, I just found the control scheme a little annoying.

Also while I'm at it, what about Kirby's Dreamland as a Club Nintendo reward, good?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hmm, maybe I'll just grab the Lego Movie game then (looking to buy something around 15 bucks so I can get one last DD reward).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Would be great if I could use my gamepad to play Wii Disc games that are also available for digital download.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

gently caress yeah, Ness Amiibo!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Did they announce a price for it or....?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

zolthorg posted:

Name a non 2DS that has launched at less than 200-220$?

That still doesn't tell me how much it is, and how much the Majora's Bundle will be.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So I bought the Metroid Trilogy at Launch (so the steel case and slip cover version) and have played it maybe a handful of times.

I'm curious if it's still something I can sell for a decent amount, since the repressed version was just the standard disc case and manual. I'd be fine with just owning the digital version of the game.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 14, 2015

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Maybe this means Skyward Sword will get a release as well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Now that I think about it, my one disappointment with the direct was that they didn't announce the DKC trilogy coming back to the VC. Europe and Japan have gotten it, what gives NOA?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Is there a specific external hard drive someone can recommend? I feel like every one I've looked at has a mention that it's slower or not as great for whatever reason.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So I hooked up an external drive to my system and got it formatted correctly. It shows up in the data management screen fine, but when I go to the eShop to download something, I still get the "not enough storage space" message.

Does the eShop only let you download titles to the system memory or something?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

elf help book posted:

Are you redownloading a game you deleted? If you have a save on your internal storage, it'll try to download to the internal storage. It's kinda dumb, you gotta move the save to your drive first.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. That's exactly what my issue was, thanks! :)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ended up grabbing a digital copy of Tropical Freeze and then promptly submitted a trade in with Amazon for Tropical Freeze for 24.17 in Amazon credit for my physical copy.

Tropical Freeze is a hard game, but it's a great looking game, is a blast to play and the soundtrack is amazing. Get it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Saoshyant posted:

Watching this, it just feels like what a modern Phantasy Star would be like.

I had zero interest in this game until you said this. God dammit.

Is the one that came out for new 3DS recently the same kind of game?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Nintendo backs off of bringing Super Nintendo games to Wii U from Engadget.

Whether this is true or false, I've always wondered why they don't just release EVERYTHING from the SNES/NES. Is the VC stuff on Wii U basically an emulator wrapper? Why can't Nintendo just afford to pay a team of 5 people to QA test through games at a rate of a few a week, and just release everything? The ROI on rereleasing games on VC must be insane, hire me Nintendo!

That article's title is click bait garbage. Unless Nintendo says outright they aren't going to bring anymore SNES games out, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing

Which position did they have Bill Trinen playing

It was a pretty big thing when they purchased their share back in the early 90s and people were still paranoid that big Japanese businesses/conglomerates were going to buy up everything American.

Hell, it's the reason why we got so many Ken Griffey Jr. games for SNES and N64.

• Locked thread