Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
good games: metal gear rising revengeance, bayonetta, blood, bungle

bad games: everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

you heard it here first, folks, drive to hell is a bad game.

it's so much better now with the new art (which i still need to get out to desura and poo poo)

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Yodzilla that is a quality game you made there for the iOS App Store [Bungle!]

it's extremely simple but the effort shows with the art and gameplay features

edit: here's the link just in case anyone is curious https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bungle!/id888310447?mt=8

yeah my significant other in game dev does real nice arts. that style worked out super well for us but here's what the original Olly Overload looked like

which was lol for the game jam but not really mass market friendly

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

bonermobile posted:

also i bought demon's souls the other day and it seems way easier than dark souls 1 & 2 so far, i've killed phalanx and tower knight and only died twice

yeah i think if you've already played the others than demon's is going to be a bit easier. might be some bosses and areas later that give you trouble though but nothing early on

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Al! posted:

I have been playing a bunch of firefall god knows why

dude that's a bad game smdh

Notorious QIG posted:

i wish poe wasnt so mind numbingly dull

seriously it seems like a solid game but the combat is so bland

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

wesley snypes posted:

c dark souls 2 s: i had no idea that elana summons piglets sometimes

what

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
oh wait is this dlc stuff

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
aight yeah def when i get some time

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I fired up titanfall again recently and I was surprised at how much had changed. emblems, a burn card market, bigger inventory, mode specific loadouts, daily challenges, new modes, balances out the rear end, etc

it's good to see them actually build on the game post launch but I still don't want to buy map packs dammit

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I wish the secret world was just an offline single player game like fallout because it sounds good outside of the actual mmo part

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
the borderlands games desperately need a teleport to town button or item or something

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Space-Pope posted:

monster hunter used to be p. bullshit before they added in the lock-on w/ mh3u

i'm the arthritis

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
holy loving poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHvvtUcp8I

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
yesss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLM1bYjPJc

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
the expanded werewolf stuff in Dawnguard was loving great. I had a goddamn blast playing through the game just terrorizing towns and ripping throats out

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

Radiant Gameplay

i like the mission where there's some dude in a shrine who wants you to take him to some faraway place. i've never not had him get murdered by a dragon or giants or both at once

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

accept quest -> fast travel to destination -> wait 6 hours -> receive reward

that's not nearly as interesting and can't they still get killed while you rest?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
she's pretty cute but i'm not a huge fan of sculpting the poo poo out of your eyebrows like that. just a personal preference tho

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

this is v problematic, you must atone to a feminist priestess now

i don't mind being sub so i can be atoned real hard

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

bitch got a name like a jedi and eyebrows like a mannequin

lmao

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Space-Pope posted:

reminder that there was a kickstarter for "tropes vs. men in gaming" started in response to anita

they took the kickstarter money and ran off with it

what kickstarter, that was a mega 64 parody thing

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
so in Elite Dangerous could you partner up with someone and run jobs together while watching each other's back? sort of like a co-op grouping thing?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
wait what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
it's been like that for a while, i think there was one arcade board that was pretty much just a PS2

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
oh wow they've added a competitive ranking system http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15487814/patch-210-now-live-8-26-2014

i'll never use it but that's neat

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Squeezy Farm posted:

It was cool when the indie game girl cucked those kotaku writers.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

pseudorandom name posted:

I like how this one is portraying Twitter, Reddit and whatever the third one is as the evil yet incompetent villains who've lost their giant diamond to the heroes.

lol

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Al! posted:

yo yodzilla i think you got scooped http://store.steampowered.com/app/261760/

i'm the 8/10 they use in a promo image

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

SynthOrange posted:

Yodzilla Bungle is dumb as gently caress why cant I stop playing it. :cry:

Also that wood-chipper accident game over scene is cartoony and all but it's still scary as gently caress. In conclusion I am a giant baby.

haha yeah that one came out kinda genuinely horrifying despite being all looney tunes

anthonypants posted:

speaking of Bungle! is it just me or does Normal speed up faster than Pro does

also why can't i post my scores to facebook

no the speed up rules for each are exactly the same. the only thing Pro mode does is make 4 and 5 segment bars show up immediately along with moving bars. in normal mode those don't kick in until much later

and facebook is currently hosed, we're looking into it (ugh)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vintersorg posted:

are they doing a sequel to the new evil dead? that movie was awesome, a great re-imagining

whyyy. i mean it was okay but it aped so much of the original evil dead movies but had none of the humor of good cinematography or anything that made them charming. it was just gore on top of gore and nothing else and Bruce Campbell's after credits cameo just made me sad

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i thought Mama was pretty drat good and was genuinely scary until you saw the creature. then it kinda lost its spooky

The Woman in Black is pretty great too

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vintersorg posted:

im sure down the road ps4 will have great titles for ps+ free

right now its all indie bullshit

uhh velocity was a great game and this one looks even better than the first

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
dark souls 1 pc port is a masterpiece compared to saint's row 2

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Sweevo posted:

silent hill 1 is still the scariest game i've ever played

maybe it helps that i knew nothing about it, my friend just handed me his copy and said "play this, it's good"

yeah i rented it and i had no idea what i was getting into. i knew i loved the resident evil games but a friend of mine was like "no dude play silent hill"

and yeah scary sections in non-scary games are the best. Ravenholm from HL2, The Cradle from Thief 3, that weird statue area from Bioshock, etc

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

oh god the cradle :gonk:

seriously one of my favorite levels of all time. thief 3 was a way better game than people gave it credit for

also Blood has some legitimately spooky levels. i really enjoy a thing that can combine violence, humor, and horror and pull it off well

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
doom 3 is also a good game come at me bro

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

don't buy this. get original Doom 3 release and install Sikkmod, it's really well done and looks a million times better than BFG Edition which is busted as gently caress

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

finally watching the newest femfreq video, holy gently caress these are some brutal scenes

i kinda take exception to her throwing Alan Wake in there with the rest. that game more than any other handles what being married and stressed out over work can feel like and the whole "my wife is missing" is kind of a huge red herring

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

the one where you push a woman through a level and then use her to jam a gear so that you can get through a door and then ones youre through the door closes and you hear the woman get crushed in the gears

i loving hated that poo poo. i'm a big tough dude (lol) who loves tits and violence and that poo poo made me kinda sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Sweevo posted:

everyone needs to buy 20 copies of alan wake right now, because it ends on a cliffhanger and didn't sell well enough for the sequel to get made

american nightmare doesn't could because its bad

THANK YOU. american nightmare was not that good of a game dammit, alan wake and its DLC is pretty goddamn amazing

and i mean this 100% that alan wake hits a lot harder if you've 1) ever been married or in a long-term serious relationship and/or 2) been mega stressed over work. it's seriously adult poo poo

• Locked thread