Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

As for calling Ukraine the Ukraine: It's not the Germany or the Poland, and it sounds just as stupid when you put that article before Ukraine. I knew I forgot to put something in the new OP yesterday.

If I put 'the' in front of every country, then can I do it? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Majorian posted:

Impossible to know for sure, but given that it's the FSB...probably reasonable to be skeptical of their version.

Given what's transpired this year, I think it's fair to be rather skeptical of any claims coming out of the Russian government.

Unrelated, when Pubes locked the last thread, did he lock the Peon in with it?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

OddObserver posted:

Yeah, though that doesn't mean they didn't "forget the keys in ignition" 50m from the border.

And the instruction manual, don't forget that.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

Supposedly Russia Today just attacked me, part of which was falsely claiming I was on the dole, anyone happen to see it?

Sounds like you're doing good work.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Might I suggest charging $0.25 to make a comments post. :getin:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

A lot of the Russian stuff is being done by Russian speakers, so it's not an issue, and I can ask them whenever needed.

Here's the Russia today clip, starts at 5:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDvCzzrYLM0&t=339s

Well, are you on the dole? :allears:

(Who is Bryan MacDonald? In-house mouthpiece?)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

:lol:

You know what, I'm ready to believe that Russian Fiscal Maths do really make it so that 13% is bigger than 15%.

Nice mudslinging, by the way. I believe you could say that... Crimea doesn't pay.

Next thread title "Crimea and Punishment"?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Russian gas power sounds like a good reason to invest in domestic nuclear energy.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

my dad posted:

OK, dude, I had (e: and still have) optimization related subjects in my studies, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Half your post are optimization-related terms, and half is gibberish I can't figure out the meaning of. Could you please rephrase it somehow?

MP.txt

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mightypeon posted:

It is actually very simple, as long as you have money and/or connections you can get out of either Kievan or Seperatist jail. Of course you need different connections for getting our of a seperatist jail then for getting out of a Kievan jail, the money is the same though.

The deal with the Berkut commander was propably like "oh gosh, we cant actually prove anything that would hold up in court, let him run to spare us the embarassment and make him look guilty".
It is also possible that he got dissappeared by someone instead of disappearing himself. Depending on what actually happened, and what the guy knew/could prove/"agreed to tell about the whole thing", a surprising variety of powerfull people would want him disappeared.

Example 2 may have been an informal prisoner swap. Dude propably just needed some time to come up with his ransom money. Especially since he propably was just a political prisoner and not actually threatening.
Note that ransom money is propably a better thing than jailing people as far as an eventual reconciliation is concerned.

Ah, the insidious power of propaganda language. It's not 'Kievian', it's 'Ukrainian.'

Such attempts to undermine.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

Actually - 2+ weeks ;)

Kill you are self. ;)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

With which of my personalities you are trying to talk?

All of them. ;)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

Crimea is Russian bar none, always has been and anyone that knows anything will know it always will be.

I think you mean Turkish.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

Killing a fascists is not a sin but way to heaven. Their nationality does not matter.

You could at least put some effort into it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

Whatever you say. I believe you. Seriously.

You're not very good at this. Go study some Peon and come back when you're at at least a basic level of gibberish posting.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

sparatuvs posted:

Ukrainian BM-30 Smerchs Being fired today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHSN1ESmrg

This level of bombardment seems to show a general end of the ceasefire for UA forces. Before this they took a much more passive role.

Explosion in Donetsk:

Aftermath:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AAMGPptrg

It's chilling seeing these things being used. You appreciate how unpleasant they really are.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

Your efforts were amazing but also useless.
That's only because SBU chief Valentyn Nalyvaichenko told on air what MH17 was downed by Buk-M.
There are no Buk-M on Russian military service. This modification of Buks is Ukrainian model ;)

You calling someone 'useless' is rich.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Warbadger posted:

There is no such thing as a Buk-M except as a reference to the entire modernized family of the Buk SAM system (basically everything made after 1983). The Buk-M1 was first Soviet modernization of the original Buk and that was followed by the Buk-M1-2, and eventually the Buk-M2. All of these fall under "Buk-M".

Going to need some lotion for that :iceburn:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

Not exactly. There is another branch of Buk-Ms that was modernized by Ukroboronprom (Ukrainian Defense Industry), and was intended to serve Ukrainian Army Forces only.

"You're wrong Brown Moses, it was a BUK-M, which is Ukrainian. :smug:"
"BUK-M is meaningless, they're all BUK-M's"
"No no I mean it's a special Ukrainian BUK-M, see?"

I don't know if you're trolling or dumb, but the distinction doesn't really matter.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Oil prices are going down because Uranus is in the 7th House.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

When all your opinions are based on feelings of schadenfreude you really should reevaluate your principles.

I can conclude that your principles primarily consist of: Ukrainians should die because they don't want to be Russian. The EU has had to spend money which is good because then they have less money to spend on GAY AGENDA.

How does someone like you not just blow their head off? How do you not projectile vomit at your own utter wretchedness? Do you have any ideals that don't consist of: conquest, oppression, domination, deception? Any feelings about world peace? Cure for cancer? The future of humanity in general? Is that stuff too gay?

Stop mud-wrestling with the pig.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Better yet, put him in FYAD.

I have recommended FYAD banishment; banning is for the weak.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

What is this Junta you keep referring to?

The enemies of Russia, aka the legitimate government.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Numlock posted:

I know you guys like the idea of not banning Russian trolls so that we can get the occasional glance into the Russian mindset.

But it's making it very easy for me to dehumanize them.

I don't want to ban them, I want to lock them in FYAD.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Looks like the time may be coming to buy Rubles. :getin:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Come on Ruble, hit 50:1!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TeodorMorozov posted:

We'll see it after midnight. Oh.. no, you'll not. :)

Yes, please do clarify what you mean.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mightypeon posted:

A criminal who openly and brazenly breaches the law is a more powerful and dangerous criminal then one who attempts to cover his tracks.

You mean like Putin?

Eh, your rambling idiocy is reaching new levels. You really strain my 'no blocking' people policy with your hideous posting.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hopefully not at BM.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mightypeon posted:

Putin is a regional threat to sovereignity, human rights, freedom of press etc.
The USA is a global threat to sovereignity, human rights, freedom of press etc.
I do not live in the region threatened by Russia, therefor I prioritize the threat posed by the USA.
Any additional constraint on the hegemonic USA is good, as long as that constraint has a lower body count then the USA does.
When the cure becomes worse then the disease it changes, and Russia has to murder a lot more people for that.

I can't tell if you're trolling or stupid. Doesn't matter either way, the result's the same.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mightypeon posted:

Most peaceful period in human history? Are you serious?
Frankly, assuming you are American, you have now been continously at war for roughly 14 years. Is this the most peacefull period for you?

Compared to Germany, the US is pretty bad at starting wars and foreign conquest; if that's what you mean.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

IIRC, Germany started a minor war 100 years ago. Might have something to do with the 'being smaller now'.

Is it more peaceful today? Yeah, maybe.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mightypeon posted:

I have written that the last war Germany won was one she didnt start, she lost every war (well, one can see some parts of the interbellum Polish German wars as German victories, Poland did not seize Silesia, it wasnt exactly what goes under "major war") after that. That hardly makes her "good at conquest". If Germany was "good at agression", one would also expect her to occassionally win a war of agression, which, colonial shenangians aside (or perhaps the last Balkan war, that wasnt exactly an affair in which Germany covered herself in glory and the heavy lifting was done by the USA) has not happened since 150 years (Prusso/Austrian-Danish war, and well, Prussia and Austria teaming up against Denemark isnt exactly a great military achievment).

And apart from Russia and the British Empire, Americans are historically speaking among the best at conquest.

You're much, much better at starting wars. You rant about how bad and evil and aggressive 'Murica is but they can't hold a candle to you for death and destruction.

Now go back to working on your Trebant and save us the gibberish.

Oh, and don't forget to check for American's under your bed before you go to sleep tonight, never know.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The last 50 years seem pretty peaceful compared to the previous 50.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Maarek posted:

Well, let's give even more people atomic weapons and the next 50 will be even peacier than those!

Probably, yes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm kinda curious what happens to the dudes who gently caress that up so bad.

When hippos poop they helicopter their tails to fling it as far and wide as they can.

Basically the same thing.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Someone's finally snapped and shown his true colours around here.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

In non-sperg out news: Fisher: Putin leaving G20 early after chilly reception from Harper and other world leaders. Canadian PM tells Russian leader: 'Get out of Ukraine'.

:getout:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

im_sorry posted:

It's not specifically to generate hits, you moron, it's because his blog is relevant to the discussion. His blog is completely relevant to the discussion, and shows people how they can find this stuff out for themselves, which is pretty much the antidote to propaganda.

Jumping putin on a pogo stick, you're dense.

Oh, they're not being dense. It's much worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If Freemason's have no other purpose but trolling people by virtue of their existence, then they've been one of the most successful organizations in history.

• Locked thread