Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Codependent Poster posted:

Fury left him a lot of toys. After that it's just recruiting.

But you can't expect a handful of costumed vigilantes to have any power in this... Oh right comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dammit, I just know that over the next few episodes I'll be paranoid about that and try to keep an eye on which characters do or don't get acknowledged by everyone else in each scene.

I'm waiting for Fitz to build his own Simmons.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

greatn posted:

Not mad at all, cause Ultimate Nick Fury was designed to look like Sammy J.

I assure you that many people did not know this and were upset.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Deadpool posted:

The best 'run' of strictly Inhumans is probably the Paul Jenkins mini series from 1998. And I say that as someone that doesn't really care for Jae Lee's art. But it's very much a story involving the Royal Family. So to answer your question I'd there's not really that many Inhumans stories without them because until recently the Inhumans have been more or less just been them.

The best Ms. Marvel story was Rogue taking her powers and becoming Super Dolly Parton.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

I don't buy his "in the afterlife" line. Another thing: i don't get why he is working as a doctor despite clearly hating his clients to the point he don't mind killing them. At first, i thought it was him just being amoral but now we know his background if you add the fact his wife got some organs stolen and he seems angry skye don't understand the situation and thinks he is a monster, i think it's possible his violent behavior is a mean to an end, not just blind violence. It looks to me he became crazy because of what he need to do instead of doing what he does because he is crazy.

The city is probably called "the afterlife."

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

greatn posted:

Maybe the third Ward brother is a twin, and good, can replace him.

Noooooooo. If they do that then goodWard will date Skye and get switched with badWard at one point because nobody can resist writing that scenario when there's an evil twin.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Sammus posted:

My guess is the initial exposure will be limited to inside the city, with Skye and Flower Dress Lady getting powers. Then Hydra is going to get a sample of the gas and go crazy testing it on people to see what happens. Shield already had a huge database of people worth testing it of that Hydra has now.

So is Raina going to get flower powers or dress powers?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

I like to imagine that there just a room somewhere in SHIELD base that has a giant vat full of Koenigs just floating around in some kind of orange liquid.

"What is that stuff?"

"Mostly Cheeto Flavored Mountain Dew. We did it to the second batch of Koenigs as a joke but it actually really grows on you."

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Azhais posted:

I get more of a "quill" vibe from that shot. Like a hedgehog or porcupine

Thorns probably then.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

That could totally be a moisturizer commercial.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

One thing is that I feel like they did not do an adequate job of tying Trip to Skye. They wasted time with Trip and Gemma and they should have been building the connection between him and Skye if that is what they wanted.

I'm hoping Ward gets the mask off of her face as a way to further build trust but she is still scarred from it, assuming they are going the Madame Hydra route.

I hope he doesn't because the ensuing dialogue when they realize that Ward is sleeping with Mayface would be hilarious.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

... Do I dare ask what the hell shipping is?

It's this ridiculous thing that started on tumblr a while back. People draw characters holding other characters like Jack and Rose on Titanic. It got to a point where anybody presenting any character pairing on a boat or on some type of aquatic vehicle or dressed like Titanic characters were shipped. It is immensely stupid and you're better off not diving too deeply into it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

So is the basic thinking that the Inhumans movie will end with a terragenesis bomb transforming large parts of the world into super people and Civil War about Iron Man wanting to have these guys registered since they're untrained and dangerous and Captain America opposing that because that's basically World War 2 nazi thinking?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Yeah that's right. Whoops. I thought Inhumans was coming earlier.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Republican Vampire posted:

The architect behind their plan is Avi Arad, who really hatres Marvel Studios. He was basically the producer on most Marvel-based films and live-action TV going back to the nineties, but he left the recently founded Marvel Studios in '06 right before it started to get big.

Dude is at least partially responsible for cape movies becoming a thing, he was one of the key people who put together the Spider-Man and X-Men films that kicked off this whole weird fad, but he also writes really long, slightly unhinged open letters about how he is the real genius behind Marvel Studios and Iron Man was his idea and Kevin Feige is a mean poopy head who has no idea how to secure financing for a major motion picture.

In his defense, Kevin Feige does kind of seem like a poopy head.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

MaximumBob posted:

It would never work. You'd need to have villains like Dr. Doom, Thanos, and Galactus for her to fight for there to be any suspense at all. And how are you going to get them on the small screen?

Just have her beat Ward offscreen and then have everyone make fun of Ward forever.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

I'm hoping she dies soon. Having Ming-Na Wen play two characters is very jarring because she doesn't have the acting skills necessary to pull it off. She needs to make it more obvious that it's actually someone else under the mask.

I sorta want her to play Mulan with Ward as her Mushu.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Well they did work and live together for close to a year and she's not an inhuman monster so it's understandable that she'd be a little upset over watching a man die.

I feel like Simmons will be inwardly pissed at her and that'll make it worse.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

To be fair, I'm not expecting Anime antics like Revengeance, but something more limited in scale. The mental image that I have that fits inside this universe is like the Highway fight in Cap 2, where the Winter Soldier uses his mechanical arm to rip through the side of a panel van with the knife: http://youtu.be/qXPOl6EjbWg?t=2m35s

Maybe Avengers 2 will give them access to a ton of robots cut in half cgi.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Again, I don't want a plucky rag tag group of people forming SHIELD from the ground up on this show. I want Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of the actual agents. That's what was fun about the first two episodes. I don't want a mirror version of SHIELD. If it were to turn into that I would be disappointed.

Just combine the two and have Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of present day SHIELD due to time shenanigans. Easy.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

And then you keep it around because you apparently have some kind of mental illness surrounding your own work. Like, why would he keep that gas? I know what he said about not being able to get rid of them. That is kind of what makes him kiiiiiind of a villain. "I made a terrible weapon that I don't want anyone to use again but I won't get rid of it because I made it! It's not enough to keep the blue prints, I have to actually stockpile the stuff in my basement! "

That doesn't sound too different from any other inventor.

I'd like to break up these rocks. Oops I made tnt. Shitttttttt.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

i didn't get that impression. I'm sure she'd be fine with removing their powers only.

She also tried to kill herself when she thought she was hit with an alien thing she couldn't solve. Simmons jumps to killing alien things fairly quickly.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nephthys posted:

On top of what others have said, Bobbi could have pulled a Fitz and messed with the results.

It's simply the coolest answer and thus the least likely. But I dunno who else it could be if there really is going to be a new, third group coming into the picture. Inhuman sleeper agents? Leviathan from Agent Carter? Ultron-controlled LMD's?

They're from Marvel's distinguished competition.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

SiKboy posted:

We know reader has at least one of them though. I'm working on the assumption that the Inhumans have all of the surviving obelisks, and that (unknown to all the non-inhumans) simply have taken to doing the terragenesis somewhere else so the wrecked temple/city where Skye and Raina were exposed are disused. I'm basing this on the fact we saw eyeless with one of the obelisks in his apartment and that in the flashback to his terragenesis he was in the same recovery room that they were keeping muad'dad in this week, which therefore must not be in the city that shield blew up/flooded.

They really only need one. Didn't the crystals grow?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

I believe the theory is actually that he just sewed her up when he found her "body" and her not wolverine powers put her back together the rest of the way.

That's why he was so mad at Coulson! He could have ruined his chances of getting his wife back!

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Robot Hobo posted:

It must have been very annoying when it came time to evaluate her abilities post-Terrigenesis. Skye started making earthquakes, so that was easy to spot. Lincoln started shooting static electricity all over, and Gordon's eyes went away and he started to involuntarily BAMF around, so those were quick answers too. If Skye's Mom just heals well and doesn't age, it may have taken decades to figure that out.

Terrigenesis and then... nothing.

A year later... nothing.

Ten years later... nothing.

30 years later... she's looking great for a middle-aged lady. Um, is that a superpower?

60 years later... Ok, calling it. Super not-aging. Done.

I think I would notice if I cut myself and it healed instantly.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Zebulon posted:

I'll admit I'm eagerly awaiting the day Skye just makes people fall over incapacitated with horrific seizures by rattling their brain or vibrating a few key blood vessels apart.

I'm waiting for when she misses and splatters a random civilian.

"Ward!" Splrtch. "Whoops. Sorry dad."

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

the-jam posted:

Looks like no spinoff: http://deadline.com/2015/05/marvel-agents-of-shield-spinoff-dead-abc-1201422761/ Still just glorified rumors at this point but seems likely.

May have been a case of Agent Carter or the spinoff and they went with Carter. I'm okay with that Carter is way more original and they'll might keep Bobbi and Hunter on the main show this way.

That's like the vaguest article ever though.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. Like two minutes after I posted this, I thought, "...son of a bitch Jemma is going to be Lady Venom."

Honestly the Kree inventing symbiotes as a genetic weapon, to attack their previous genetic weapon failures, makes a lot more sense than the actual backstory for the symbiotes.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Third season starts up three Simmons' pop out, regular Simmons, evolved Simmons and Cavewoman Simmons.
The first episode is a repeat of the Farscape episode My Three Chritions.

That just sounds like an excuse to put her into a leather bikini.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I just want DC to fight back in Dubsmash Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

That may have been Ben Affleck.

And I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually Ryan Reynolds in the Deadpool costume.

e: Carter's was better. Shield brought quantity to their star video, but the execution was weak. Carter had the man, himself, and dropped the hammer on cross-series references.

Yeah. Better enthusiasm, better guest, reference to Lola with music, better lip syncing.

• Locked thread