Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Nice OP, OP. I had no idea this was starting again so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Whalley posted:

into essentially a motion novel

What, you mean like a, a telenovela? Are you telling me we're all just a bunch of grannies sitting around watching our soaps?

(Yes. Yes we are.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It does kind of look like one, now that you mention it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Silly question: The self-sealing hot weld the Howling Commandos used on the 084 box in the opener. Is that an actual real-life thing? If so, what's it called?

I'm guessing it involves thermite.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ToastyPotato posted:

She didn't get married as soon as Cap hit the water. There is plenty of time for the show to bore us with her love life.

It's that peaked hat she wears. That's the love of her life.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Spoilers for 2.06 from io9:

quote:

Joining the cast in episode 2.06, "A Fractured House" will be Tim DeKay (White Collar) as Sen. Christian Ward, Grant's abusive older brother. [Zap2It]

Brett Dalton explained what this season's arc is for Ward:

The question is, 'Who is Grant Ward without Agent Garrett, without somebody ordering him around?' He's created kind of in Garrett's image and now that Garrett's not there, he has to really decide who he is and what he wants.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wait...What! How why when? The gently caress? I stopped watching it a few years ago even with my totally healthy Stana Katic fixation. It's become entertaining again?

I dunno. I think it needs to either go all in on a major new direction or get taken out back and shot, one of the two.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I don't understand. Who is Vegeta and why do people keep talking about her in this thread?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kheldarn posted:

Just a reminder that there's no epsiode tonight. We're getting the 75 Years Of Marvel Comics special instead.

Oh goddamnit. I was all excited for this and Flash, too. Gap weeks in TV shows really irritate me and I wish they would stop doing it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bobkatt013 posted:

Thanks a lot election coverage.

Seriously, I have no idea why people watch TV news for this sort of thing when you can F5 election results more easily on the internet and with less annoying partisan commentary.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Gynovore posted:

It's hard to believe, but there are people out there today who don't use the Internet. You tend to run into them at Wal-Mart.

Soylent Pudding posted:

They all voted today too.

These posts are gold. Thank you for making me marginally less grumpy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

howe_sam posted:

Back-to-back new episodes of Selfie are on at 8.

Karen Gillan's legs, sadly, are not enough to make me put up with that.

Maybe tonight's the night I finally start watching Person of Interest, though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Deakul posted:

PoI also isn't airing tonight so maybe not.

I was planning to start with the first episode. :)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Deakul posted:

Oh, that works.
I must warn you that the show is much like AoS in that it's pretty much horrible poo poo until like the last handful of episodes.

:ughh:

Still, at least I know a payoff is coming; with AoS, I didn't have that :)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

muscles like this? posted:

Something interesting about this week's episode is it looks like they're just going to pretend that Icers no longer exist. Like nobody brought them up when talking about taking down Ward.

Um, wasn't there a snarky comment in that episode about how one agent had a gun that would actually kill someone, and the other didn't? "You don't want me to shoot you, my gun will actually kill you" or something like that.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

The Sharmat posted:

I gave up on BSG like four episodes into season 3 when it was absolutely clear nothing would ever go anywhere, yet I still see people talk about it like it was some great deep show periodically so I assumed I was in the minority.

If they'd just pulled the plug on the series when they were standing on the nuclear apocalypse planet, staring blankly out at the blasted, hopeless landscape, I would have been happy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
No new episode this week because of the holiday right?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pander posted:

The show's producers agreed that the SA AoS thread needed another week of Dune and serial TV show discussion.

The same genius and foresight that led to them thinking this show sucked for 3/4s of the first season!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That would certainly breathe new life into Castle.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Gonz posted:

Is there any particular example that sticks out in your mind, or was your favorite instance of twin shenanigans?

When I was in college there was a brief period where some people called me by my middle name, which is boring, and my first name, which is cool but I got teased about a ton in school so I stopped using it. This led to an amusing circumstance in which some of my fellow students actually were under the impression I was two different people, which I discovered one night sitting in the computer lab. Another student left the computer lab to go to the bathroom; when he returned I had put on a sweater. So his eyes widened and he said "Hey, your brother was just there a minute ago..."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jscolon2.0 posted:

Tactleneck

I guess Archer had something for this after all.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That's really disappointing. I don't see how they can develop the characters and still end up at that place.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

hangedman1984 posted:

I thought it was revealed Whitehall killed everyone and Muad'dad just stumbled onto the carnage afterwards.

This is correct.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kheldarn posted:

REAL S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to shut down Coulson SHIELD because Izzy got dead. That's it. That's why they hate Coulson. gently caress REAL S.H.I.E.L.D..

Also, looks like people will soon be saying Hail Wardra!

I hope their headquarters is called the Wardroom.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Spergatory posted:

Raina! She can see through time.
Raina! She's like a porcupine!
Raina! The most clairvoyant thing ALIIII-IVE.

:rock:

:vince:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Timett posted:

As a flight attendant I got a good laugh from "Skymall... may you never go out of business *One Year Ago*" to start the episode.

Oh god, I didn't get that until you said it. That's loving hilarious. :vince:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
And, you know, all the other brilliant things in this episode. Holy poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Robot Hobo posted:

In the comics? Not anymore. That retcon just got retcon'd. They were never mutants now, just experiments by the High Evolutionary who were tricked into thinking they were mutants. Also, Magneto isn't their dad now... anymore... or never was... retcons. Probably because of Superboy hitting reality with Thor's hammer or something, I can't keep track.

This. This is why I don't read comics.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jng2058 posted:

I don't read comics anymore because $4 for a 22 page pamphlet that I read in five minutes is an appalling waste of resources compared to other ways I could use that money to entertain myself.

That's a good one too!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
So... with AoS, Flash and Arrow all ending, where do you guys suggest getting your summer genre TV fix?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Deadpool posted:

Watch Daredevil, iZombie, or The 100. All three of which are better than the three shows you just named.

I already binged Daredevil, which is why I didn't list it.

I hate zombies as a genre, generally, but iZombie looks fun enough that I'm tempted.

I thought The 100 was supposed to be awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

hope and vaseline posted:

I didn't realize iZombie was based off a comic property, and by Mike Allred no less. I should check it out.

I ended up binging the first seven episodes last night. There are some issues, but overall it's a great show.

• Locked thread