Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Deadpool please add a mod note stating that dogchat is verboten, TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

radlum posted:

I love that the brainwashing procedure was called Faust, after Dr. Faust, the brainwashing villain from the comics. I love that kind of litte nods.

Good episode, next week looks fun, though a bit fillery.

Never let it be said that the writers on this show don't show love to comic books.

And goddamn, every single scene with Fitz is killing me (except I really hate the "Big Brother/Big Sister" helper guy who looks like a brotha' Mister Clean, I know he's trying to be a friend but it comes off of as a male caretaker at an assisted living home). Iain de Caestecker is just loving selling it. I well up with fat ol' tears every time he tries to find the word.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

hollylolly posted:

Buddy is still alive and will return to exact his revenge on Ward.

Buddy is Man-Thing. :smugdog:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Of course Skye becomes Quake. CLASSIC MISDIRECTION :goonsay:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Masonity posted:

Eternals are basically another god race aren't they? Like Asgardians.

And In thee MCU, no. There's no mutants here! In the comics I can't see why it wouldn't work if someone had both a mutated x gene and the inhuman gene and was then exposed. Although maybe the two aren't able to coexist viably?

Eternals were the result of genetic experimentation by the Celestials, much like the Kree did but a lot earlier, and instead of ending up with fish people and indestructible psychic hair these humans became immortal supermen.

In the comics, there are two mutant/Inhuman hybrids. One, Luna Maximoff (Quicksilver's daughter) was born powerless and didn't manifest any powers as she got older, supposedly because her Inhuman genes and Mutant genes cancelled each other out. There's a story where Quicksilver can't cope with having a plain old human daughter, and tries exposing her to the Terrigen mists. Thing intervenes, and then depending on what your head cannon is it's either revealed that Lockjaw (a giant dog-beast with tuning a fork in his head) is an Inhuman, or Quicksilver is tricked into thinking Blackbolt's bizarro dog can talk. Either way, Quicksilver decides not to risk it, until House of M happens, and he starts running around with the Terrigen Crystals re-powering mutants, and as it turns out Terrigenesis doesn't turn Luna into a freak of nature, it just gives her really boring empath powers.

The other mutant/Inhuman (who was rather clumsily retconned into being one by Bendis, who is poo poo) is the Beyonder. He's a dude who's more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube put together. Like, Omnipotent with a capital O.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

XboxPants posted:

That's dumb.

There is a lot about the Beyonder that is dumb. I mean, for a character the existed solely to incite the Secret Wars, which in turn happened just to prove that comic books could still sell toys, he was pretty cool. Nearly everything that happened with him after though is stupid dumb contradictory crap.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Fred is on posted:

I'm hoping Whitehall comes back to life in a second, more powerful form, like a good final boss.

That didn't work out for Garrett :v:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Boogaleeboo posted:

No, his entire point is it's a bad idea. Period, the end. There's no such thing as a better, now "good" SHIELD. You can't make a fascist and oppressive secret police force into something good no matter how shiny you buff it up. It should not exist on any level. Even Coulson's SHIELD is running around making major decisions about the fate of humanity all on their own with no insight from anyone. What gave them the right? Who do they answer to? When they make mistakes they get to, what, say "Our bad" to each other and go on to claim the authority to make them in the future too? Just because they are good people doesn't mean it's not superior for the country to have Talbot throw them all in a deep dark hole until they learn to cut the poo poo.

lol

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

Its funny that they ran out of female heroes and had to include two female variants of the same male hero (Captain Marvel and Spider-Man).

Are you retarded?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
So... do they just walk their suspects through the front door of their secret headquarters? They didn't even, like, put a bag over his head.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I was expecting him to get hit by the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

sbaldrick posted:

Lincoln is clearly Hellfire with Eden's powers.

Who says Dum Dum can't appear having taken the Infinity formula.

Well seeing as the real (comic book) Dum Dum died in 1966, and has actually been an incredibly advanced LMD the whole time (which makes it especially hilarious that he had been kidnapped and replaced by an imposter at least three times to my knowledge), we don't even have to worry about any of that Infinity Formula nonsense!

• Locked thread