Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've had my 6+ for about a week now and holy poo poo the battery life is amazing on this thing. It really does have an all day battery and I love being able to surf for 10+ hours before even needing to think about charging it.

Not sure where I found this but if you are trying to track a phone down use this site.

http://www.istocknow.com/

I used it for a few days and was able to find a 6+ in the apple store near me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

benisntfunny posted:

Just because you have no one to talk to doesn't mean you're right.

I'm not sure what you are trying to show here. It looks like you text a lot though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

While expensive I really love the apple leather case for the 6+. I bought one of the cheaper spigen cases but I felt like it added too much bulk.

Oh yeah and I truly love the battery life on this 6+. It's drat amazing. It's really almost iPad level.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 19, 2014

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not sure if this was posted here yet but if you were looking for some better backgrounds this site is pretty awesome.

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/rating/iphone/iphone_6/index2.html

It has options for all of the iPhone screens.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm trying to figure something out and I'm not quite sure if I have it right. I have my old off contract Verizon 5s that I'd like to give my girlfriend who is on Sprint. Everything I have read tells me that my Verizon 5s will work on the Sprint network but do I need to unlock it or can I just take the phone to a Sprint store and they can activate it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flosofl posted:

I know for a fact the iPhone 5 was unlocked on Verizon and I was able to use it on ATT. I imagine their 5S is the same.

Awesome! I was thinking as much but I wanted to make sure.

Biodome posted:

Sprint won't activate a Verizon phone or any phone not branded with Sprint. Sorry.

Wait what the gently caress? How can they do that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

89 posted:

And now that it has been several months with the 6 and 6 Plus's out on the market....6 Plus users still glad they bought the bigger iPhone? I had convinced myself I was going to go with the smaller 6, but the battery life and camera might last second audible me back to the Plus.

I still love my 6+. I never want to go back to a smaller screen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It depends on that person's settings. You can choose to send iMessages from your phone number or your apple ID.

I must be blind because I don't see that setting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive

Yeah I just found it. I had to do some searching.

My girlfriend has the same issue where she gets texts from my email not my phone number even though I have only send from my phone number checked.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm getting really tired of the messing app crashing nearly every day forcing me to do a force close on it. Does anyone else have this issue?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feenix posted:

Messaging? No.

Could swiftkey be causing it? A guy I work with is also using swiftkey and he gets the same lockups where he has to force close the app.

Edit: I'm on a 6+ and hes' on a 5s.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

trilljester posted:

I have SwiftKey and this happens to me at least 2-3 times a day with Messages. I'm curious to see which side is causing the freeze.

I'm leaning towards Swiftkey being the culprit here seeing as how it seems to be the common denominator.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Please let me know if third party keyboards work correctly. I am itching to go back to swiftkey.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 6S+ wouldn't be released till sept-October so it's just a matter of how long you want to wait.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kitten smoothie posted:

If you just want to keep the phone from getting scuffed up then consider the Apple leather case for the 6/6+. It's the closest thing to not having anything at all.

I agree. I love the leather case on my 6+. I've dropped the phone a few times and it's done a great job.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'd pay the extra. I love my plus I never want to go back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

You can't, but I can. I can type and access the full screen with my thumb no problem.

Also, why the gently caress don't third party keyboards work yet? I constantly touch a text box and get no keyboard in all apps. Infuriating.

It's a little better in 8.3 but my understanding is that it's an API issue.

Also I never use reachability.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ryand-Smith posted:

Are you like a child, because I can use my iPhone 6 plus one handed, it's why I got the phone, the 4 was just absurdly tiny for adult use.

Yeah I'm not a huge dude by any stretch and I use my 6+ one handed all the time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah a microcell is your best option. Sometimes you can get them to give you one or give you a decent discount on one but it just depends on which CS rep you are talking to.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

May as well learn from the pros. I got an old 4s i want to give to my 5yr old to play apps. Is there a way to lock everything except the apps I want him to use? I'm not finding anything super obvious.

I sure if you jailbreak it that would be possible.

I highly doubt it's possible with the stock OS though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Managed to order my 6s+ on the verizon business account at 12:04.

Business accounts can't do the edge program so I had to burn my upgrade.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When can we start posting shipping notifications?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Messenger is pretty awesome.

Paper is also pretty awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

various cheeses posted:

Wait can I replace both of them with Paper?

Yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I use Downcast because I listen to a podcast you ave to login to download and the default app doesn't let you do that yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ethereal posted:

Anyone have a moment lens? Any thoughts on how well it performs or improves picture quality? Considering getting one but not sure if it's truly worth while.

I'd be interested in these as well but I wish their product page had a before and after of each photo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Some of ya'll really need this site.

https://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/

The default background is great and all but drat lets live a little.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When the hell is Verizon going to enable wifi calling? I get a lovely signal in my house and it's going to be a god send.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've actually been having the same problem for the past few days. All of my devices have the same issue. I'm not sure what's going on with it either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Thank god it's not just me. And yes I have Time Warner. I've looked everywhere for a solution.

Its a little ridiculous that this isn't fixed yet. What in the hell is the issue?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Michael Scott posted:

How do you fit the 6S+ gigantaphone into your pocket? I'm considering it but I'm still suspicious of its size.

I've had a 6+ for over a year and never had any pocket issues.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don't wanna turn this into a pants discussion but I'm not a big guy and I can fit the plus into my skinny jeans if needed.

I'll never ditch the plus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Snowy posted:

How is the Amazon prime music app? Anyone tried it? I'm expecting it to suck but I'm not going to subscribe to Apple Music or Spotify so if it's half decent then I guess it'll do.

E- just started checking it out and it seems very hit or miss.

Well its free so you really get what you pay for. Downloading playlists is pretty easy with it though so I'll use it every once and a while.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also WiFi calling sounds pretty awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Was it Verizon that wouldn't let you upgrade and keep your unlimited data or something shady.

Yes it was and I got burned by that.

I'm averaging about 3-4gigs a month.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I don't want to charge my headphones.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I love my saddle brown case. It's perfect.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Saves me having to do that then, ha! If I'm taking something on a phone, it's going to be for sticking on Facebook or something like that anyway, and if you're putting the image on here you have to remember to down res the crap out of it before being shouted at.

That's what [timg] is for.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dexter6 posted:

Isn't DND just for phone calls? I don't want my phone buzzing or lighting up for SMS, other emails, push notifications, etc.

DND mutes everything.

Edit: You can have exceptions for you DND though if one of your favorites calls. I wish that DND would let a text alert for a favorite through as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AstroZamboni posted:

Not everyone uses the selfie camera.

That's kinda sad.

I feel bad for those people.