Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

drat how did you get it so cheap. Best sale I've seen so far is for ~$45 (~35 euros).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Skandranon posted:

For those of you looking to take advantage of regional price differences, you can buy it on Nuuvem for ~$35 USD (R$84,99). You get a full steam key for it when it is released, and it's not region locked.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2282-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

Tried to do this, but it seems they do prevent you from purchasing if you're not in Brazil (or using a VPN that says you are I guess). Oh well.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Skandranon posted:

Are you sure? I had no problems at all. Maybe you just need a non-US IP address, mine would have shown up as from Canada.

Yup. It says "This product is not available for purchase in your region." (in English even) when I attempt to add it to my cart. Guess that's probably it, since I'm in the US.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

signalnoise posted:

A lot of wrong people said this kind of thing about Saints Row 4

This game could be a lot of fun to miss out on and as far as I'm concerned it could just be a DLC platform for a better version of BL2

Pretty much this. Just the fact that it's more content with the possibility of being properly balanced is enough for me to be hyped. That's not even considering the all-new characters or mechanics.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

watho posted:

In the Minecart Madness quest, I think, Tannis talks about how the bandits and psychos are scientists and familly men or something. It was a while ago I played it but I remember they contradicting the convict thing.

Some of them are, presumably; Tannis's colleagues or those from other colonization attempts. The majority are the work-force convicts, but not all are convicts.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Crazy Larry posted:

You can start preloading now on Steam. Only 5.1 GB, so I can't see it being the whole game.

I could be mis-remembering but wasn't BL2 about that size at launch?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

watho posted:

Are you able to preload if you buy it on gmg or do you get the code when the game launches?

You can pre-load if you get the code early enough. With BL2 they started sending out codes the day before.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

phourniner posted:

So for those of us who bought on Nuuvem, do we seriously have to wait until the 17th to get our codes from them? Is there any way we can try and bypass that?

But hey, $60 game for $35 I guess :shobon: I just can't play with the rest of my friends getting it on Steam.

Fortunately this doesn't matter to me since I won't get a chance to play it until ~7PM the day of release, since I got classes all day. :saddowns:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

One of the big BL2 streamer guys talked to the devs who told him that the scaling will be more like BL1's than BL2's.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I only recently realized Nuuvem doesn't give out keys until the 17th. Fortunately I was able to get a full refund.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Irony.or.Death posted:

Claptrap and Athena both look pretty cool to me, but apparently we're also getting a Handsome Jack double so obviously he's going to be the correct answer.

It looks like he's gonna be DLC tho so

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Is there anyway to fake steam into thinking I live on the International dateline so I can play this in 30 minutes? I'm hyped.

The game doesn't come out until the 14th, you're jumping the gun by a day. But yeah you can just use a VPN to unlock it, Steam doesn't give a poo poo unless you do that to try and get cheaper games or w/e.

As an aside, what about a steam group? Are we going to use one of the older ones, or is someone going to make a new one?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrower posted:

I'm too lazy to bother trying to unlock it. Are there any pro click illegal streams going on anywhere?!

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Borderlands%3A%20The%20Pre-Sequel!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrower posted:

They actually bothered to put the hyphen in the name :rip: my search skills.

If you just start typing Borderlands in the search bar it should bring up the pre-sequel and the other borderlands games as categories.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Anyone got saves for borderlands 1 and 2 available? I don't want to download the games just to grab saves from the cloud and you apparently get skins and stuff for them.

Speaking of this, does anyone know where the saves need to be? That is, do you need to copy them into the Pre Sequel directory somewhere or is it fine being in the normal save folder?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oh god Iwajira jfc

Do not try to go into a lava cavern expecting it to be a shortcut to your quest destination

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

VPN isn't working for me, don't really know why. Everything else sees the Hong Kong IP address but steam sees through my lies. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait 24 hours like a mature adult hum--

I'm not gonna make it.

You'll need to restart steam after connecting to the VPN.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The game is fun so far. The first real boss (past the intro mission) has a little bit too much shield health, especially since you probably won't have an electric weapon by that point, but I went with Nisha for my first playthrough and her action skill so far is seriously unbelievable. Nisha + Laser gun = Everything dies or your money back.

If you're talking about the boss I'm thinking of, I was able to destroy him with the shotgun you get at the start for having old saves. That thing is so good and stays useful for quite a while.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ghostpilot posted:

Hmm, reformatted since I last played BL 1 and 2. Hopefully there's an alternative to getting the bonus content from TPS detecting the old save than having to reinstall both.

Just get a save from the internet.

CJacobs posted:

By the way, I hope the "ha ha australian people talk funny!" jokes start to thin out as the game goes on because that's been pretty much a good third of the material so far and it's getting kinda grating.

I don't know what you mean?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 14, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Seriously what the gently caress are these buggies, how do I make jumps with them

You need to be at maximum speed and using the boost and you can just make the jumps. The buggy mechanics are pretty a bad, a blemish on and otherwise good game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/MAvuA3f.png

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I like wilhelms cuz its a fire and forget. And I'll probably focus on his middle tree making him a cybernetic monster who shoots lasers.

This is also why I chose Wilhelm.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Solartide posted:

Nisha is pretty much fire and forget as well. For Deadlift I got a shock sniper rifle from somewhere. Then I popped Nisha's skills that auto aims for this critical location for a few seconds and unloaded a magazine into him. I feel like I missed something based on all the other comments here.

You didn't. I killed Deadlift by using the jump pads to slam him, followed up with several shotgun blasts, until dead. Didn't even take that long.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there an equivalent of e-tech weapons this time, or is that just replaced with the laser weapon type? I would have liked to see e-tech weapons return, except good.

Some e-tech weapons were amazing, others bad,

But yeah they're entirely replaced by laser weapons which can have the same properties as e-techs did in addition to others. Plus they make star wars laser sounds!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The loot drop %'s not being much better continues to ruin otherwise cool moments. Went through a couple of monoliths in Tanton's Liver (or w/e it's called), found an awesome looking chest, and all it has were two green guns. :(

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Conot posted:

Won't that stop me playing co-op, since Borderlands Pre-Sequel runs on Steamworks? It sounds like I'm best off just waiting for another 2 days.

You could still do co-op if you remain connected to the VPN, as far as I know. Your ping will be poo poo if you do that of course.

I found a (not really) hidden easter egg in Stanton's Liver that I thought was neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUMOgTz-a0

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 14, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Plan Z posted:

So, are there any Steam/Mumble/whatever groups for this? I'm tired of playing Bl games alone.

Just type Bordergoons 2 in the steam community search and it should come up.

Also feel free to add me if you're looking for someone to play with. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056768784

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I checked on IMDB, and I realize why I recognize Wilhelm's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNoITwTJiEM

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

Kind of surprised you thought of anime, his 'Critical Hit!' dialogue sounds exactly like Krieg (or foreshadows that he's the conscience, or 'Saint' speaking internally in Krieg)

? I thought of him because they have the same voice actor, Brian Massey. He does not voice Krieg.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

A translation that improves on the original isn't going to keep Jack from LOOKING like a complete idiot though. Those wrist blasters and his posture while running and stuff are ridiculous, and not the way they intended I think.

I'm pretty sure Jack looking like a douchebag is intentional.

Shoehead posted:

You'd think he'd know how seeing as he likes dudes too. I like how Hammerlock was handled though, he litterally mentions his boyfriend once in passing and I was like "yeah hi-5, Hammerlock!"

I hope he's one of the dlc characters btw.

I didn't know being gay made you a good writer.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ethanol posted:

Wow six hours? What are other people clocking?

I have about that time and I'm at the part where you make the robot army (which I assume is somewhat close to the end of the game). I've been doing every sidequest tho.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Clearly the Tediore company is an offshoot of the Torgue corporation.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

"I'll be the one shooting lasers out of my eyes when you're dying of turbocancer."

Wilhelm :allears:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zarpedon dropped a legendary for me. :toot: First one I've seen. Anyone know if this is a guaranteed drop or me being lucky?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I didn't get one, so no, it's not guaranteed. In fact I haven't ever gotten a single legendary from a boss so far, all of mine have come from normal run of the mill enemies. Not even the final boss or the raid boss dropped any.

How do I get to the sidequest in the Ribs place (not the Echo message one)? Every time I try to platform over there I run into killboxes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When Jack dies, he doesn't get resurrected at the Hyperion New U terminals, a paler version just crawls out of his corpse and continues the fight.

:aaaaa:

AHungryRobot posted:

If it's for the claptrap one then there should be a jump pad that takes you right to him.

I'm assuming it's that one since I have no idea what you're talking about. Where is the jump pad?

e: Nvm, found it. No idea how I missed it before.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 17, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just beat the game. Overall liked the story. Was fun to see Jack go from dick-with-good-intentions to psychotic-nutball after being betrayed by everyone and mindfucked by weird alien poo poo. Gameplay was overall good but a few too many of the sidequests had the issue of "accept quest at spot A, go to spot B, then return to spot A, then back to B, etc." New gameplay stuff like low gravity, oz kits and laser weapons are pretty much all awesome. The Stingrays are really fun to ride around it. Wilhelm is a ton of fun, especially once you unlock his laser cannon skill.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Bee posted:

Its better than having like the entire first part of the game being against fireproof enemies, while also having fire be the only element that usually drops.

Fire still does fantastic damage to most things (on ng at least) even without the dot.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah most of the writing was done by the Australian writers and it shows in the type of humour.

You mean Burch isn't the source of all the worlds evils? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lol, one of the power armor guys I had to kill to progress clipped under the floor, but I managed to hit him with a grenade and cause him to clip further under the world killing him.

• Locked thread