Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Asphyxious posted:

I have a foil treasure cruise but I have the bizarre feeling if I try to trade it at my game store I'll get laughed out as it's clearly an unsustainable spike.

My plan is to demand a Polluted Delta for mine and just :smugwizard: until the trade happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Froghammer posted:

It's nice to see Pain Seer actually seeing some use :unsmith:

I had a pair put in some good work in Rakdos Aggro; they occupied a spot normally taken by shred-freaks. RIP Cackler.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If you don't separate your lands at least by basic/non-basic, you need to be put down like the rabid mongrel you are.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I think Gerrard was technically a Planeswalker for a quarter of a second while the Legacy Weapon was exploding.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Cernunnos posted:

Creature Enchantment -- God

As long as your devotion to <Phyrexian mana symbols here> is less than 10 ~ isn't a creature.

I could totally get behind this.

Also there are a bunch of as-yet unused characters from the whole Nine Titans assault on Phyrexia, while we're pulling from the end of old Dominaria.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Cernunnos posted:

Ultra Pro makes such great products as... and...

Really their only good thing is the upcoming Savage Punch playmat.

I snagged some of their perfect-fit wannabe Pokémon sleeves from Target for my friends' weekend drafts and they're surprisingly good.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Everyone loves (???) magical Trevor,
Coz' the tricks that he does, are ever so clever.
Look at him now, disappearing a cow!
Where is the cow heading right now? (topdeck, apparently)

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Wow, I didn't know the DCI can literally send you to Wizard Prison.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Now I almost want to build a Commander deck for Furnace of Rath + Dictate of the Twin Gods + Bitter Feud and turn every game into rocket tag.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

mango sentinel posted:

Looking through everything, I really like Gisa's art. I'm sad Geralf's card didn't have room for flavor text.

What did that art with the petrified Eldrazi go on?

Just that article, I think. Also isn't that the first time not-dead Ugin has been depicted?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I like how some of you have written more words about Maro disliking Hornet Queen than Maro has written about disliking Hornet Queen.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
What I'm playing :bandwagon:

Mostly KTK draft right now.

Standard: I've got a white-weenie Soldiers deck that's doing okay after adding some Defiant Strikes to keep my hand from running out by turn 4, could probably use an Obelisk of Urd or two.
I'm running a pretty poo poo version of U/R Robots that needs more counters and removal but I'm not sure what to pare out to get them in there.
I'm building a Temur poo poo-stomper deck but currently super :effort: about trading for stuff I need.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I wouldn't be surprised if a DTK mechanic, either Sultai or its morph variant, produces face-down 2/2 creatures from your graveyard that get exiled when they die.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Rinkles posted:

It would arguably be the most efficient removal of standard, at instant speed no less.

Also a potentially fun way to dick over a top-keep scry. :haw:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Yawgmoth posted:

What is a clash pack and how do you get it?

IIRC they're basically Duel Deck Jr. and you pay $25ish.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

a card that lets you create a dude every turn with little to no opportunity cost in the mid to lategame is pretty good in this draft format, if FRF/KTK/KTK is anything like KTK/KTK/KTK. however, when the board stalls out it's often because it's cluttered with huge dudes, sometimes with lifelink, so getting a bunch of 2/2s isn't the best. I'd like to see how that plays out.

Isn't draft gonna be FRF/FRF/KTK? That might chop down on the huge-dudes since most of what we've seen so far (aside from dragons) has been pretty small or just churns out colorless bears.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Rinkles posted:

Not F/K/K? Double small set seems miserable.

Okay nope, I heard wrong. It's gonna be FRF/KTK/KTK, then draft will rotate to Fate/Dragons, but I haven't seen what the format there will be. FRF/DTK/DTK might be weird, have they ever put a set mid-draft like DTK/FRF/DTK?

e: oh hey this was addressed like a week ago. http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/designing-your-fate-2014-12-29

quote:

The very first design decision made for Fate Reforged was "a small second set that's drafted BAA and CCB." That is, when Fate Reforged hits the shelf you will draft: Fate Reforged, Khans of Tarkir, Khans of Tarkir
When Dragons of Tarkir is released, you will draft: Dragons of Tarkir, Dragons of Tarkir, Fate Reforged

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Are you allowed to look at your own face-down manifested stuff? I've seen a lot of conversations with contradictory implications.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Count Bleck posted:

Awfully hard to 'turn it face up for it's converted mana cost' if you don't know what that is.
Right, I've seen someone assume that you'd have to use Lens of Clarity or scry it beforehand, or it'd still be "hidden knowledge" coming straight from the library. Pretty sure that's not the case.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Death Bot posted:

So my LGS has a few card arts posted, and I meant to take a picture of one but forgot. The card was basically a bird... thing staring at an orb. That's uh, all I can really remember. Any idea what it might be?

Kirtar's Desire?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I could see that turning cards that would be a four-of into a five-of. One copy of the restricted card, four copies of a way to tutor it up.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I just noticed that Frontier Siege is actually kinda hosed-up with Hornet Queen.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Entropic posted:

Especially in a Whip deck.

Any chance Temur Sabertooth with start showing up in Whip to keep stuff from exiling?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Alaan posted:

This doesn't work. The whip says if it would go anywhere exile instead

Right, I should finish my coffee before thinking about wizard poker. :doh:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

muon posted:

Kinda cool to see my FLGS being posted here.

Same, hi5. IIRC they also had a weird prerelease situation where an overwhelming majority of the Jeskai packs had Soulfires or something? The amazing discovery was a loving genie lamp in an AC duct, I guess.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

DarkRider09 posted:

I really don't understand how so many people do it wrong. Whenever I ship something it's, at minimum, in a sleeve and a top loader, with the sleeve opening towards the bottom. If the card shifts then it's only touching the sleeve.

It's not like there's a lack of guides on how to ship cards online either.

A friend of mine had some rear end in a top hat on Deckbox ship him a bunch of stuff for an Elspeth in a top-loader placed in the flimsiest manila tissue-paper excuse for an envelope I've ever seen. Somewhere in the USPS sorting system, the hard plastic top-loader sliced its way through the edge and my buddy received an empty envelope with a four-inch gash along one side. Deckbox naturally sides with the shipper because he has a tracking number.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

kizudarake posted:

What, this dude? archived bad trader thread
Part of why they ruled against him is that J accused the 'rear end in a top hat' of lying, sending an empty envelope pre-torn, and J cancelled the trade immediately, and didn't even try to file a bad trader report or work with him. He also agreed to simulsend and then sat on his end until he got the other guy's cards.
They both kinda look like assholes, to me. Other dude for packaging the way he did, your buddy for being a dick when he received it.
I'm the guy that corrected the other dude about a tracking number.
Sorry your friend's a douche.

Yeah, he's apparently kinda bad about jumping to conclusions and (lookin' at the dates) made that whole post before we reeled him in like "whoa hey dude, that looks a lot more like a postal problem caused by lovely packaging, not sabotage from the outset" but I guess by that point it had already been shuffled to the new dispute system. He's mailing the guy an Elspeth he pulled two days later with a printed copy of deckbox's shipping guidelines, sooooo :shrug:

ANYWAY I think Crux of Fate's target market might lean more towards the casual/EDH crowd who fully intend to slot it in next to Crucible of Fire and Kolagahn.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I saw people talking earlier about a "nissa beatdown" from a temur ascendency deck, but I don't see any Nissas in this list (http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=79122) -- was there a second temur ascendency deck floating around DC this weekend?

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/temur_ascendancy_combo_deck_te.html

The list is gone for some reason, but IIRC there's a Nissa in the sideboard.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Kamigawa probably because it was based on Actual Japanese Mythology and not Anime Japanese Mythology, plus it came directly after the most broken block since Urza's and turned the power knob down a few notches.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I don't watch wizard poker streams unless someone mentions a really cool play I should check out after the fact. I am also really bad at Magic: the Gathering. COINCIDENCE? :iiam:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Would an enchantment that gives your creature cards Raid DASH for their mana cost be cool or maybe too good? I think it could maybe work if the cost is unsplashable, like 1RRR or something.

e: in Standard, specifically; it'd be busted as gently caress in eternal formats.

redstormpopcorn fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 10, 2015

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Madmarker posted:

uhhh, Raid what? Raid just means if you have attacked this turn do 'X'. What would 'X' be in this example?

:cripes: I'm thinking of Dash, jesus christ I need more coffee.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Madmarker posted:

Ah well, in that case, it wouldn't be busted at all. Hell you could probably print it at 1R or as Zones said R and it would be fine.

Though I would love a Snapcaster Mage with Dash.

I'm probably overvaluing pain-in-the-rear end ETB effects beyond Standard.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

jassi007 posted:

I hope in the story we get the "kicked out" color not having any dual color cards, and being all "we now hate the clan that shunned us"

Lifebane Zombie reprint incoming, RIP Kibler :zombie:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Failboattootoot posted:

Wait, since when has killing something not removed it's activated abilities from the stack?

If that were the case, this would read "T, Sacrifice Evolving Wilds."

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
https://twitter.com/tnielsenart/status/566701647871885314

Totally ripped, MILF of Runes artist, now a married woman. :kimchi:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If "doubling their efforts" on MTGO means doubling dev salaries, they might actually get somewhere.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Morph is "dragon magic" and Manifest is Ugin's "spirit magic" if I remember right. I think odds are good for a Morph comeback or maybe both in DTK.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Boco_T posted:

I wonder if the worst land in DTK will be the third in the "of the Spirit Dragon" cycle.

I could live with a Throne of the Spirit Dragon that taps for extra mana if you have the other two on the field. Like a pseudo-Urzatron for Standard.

• Locked thread