Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

mcmagic posted:

Sidisi is AWESOME. That is all. Just value city.
Color me surprised, though the Sultai Delve decks both seem to have lost, from what I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Korak posted:

If you're playing Mantis Rider against a deck with 2/1 and 2/2s, always block and force them to have it.
Always. That G1 was stolen by that bluff. I hope Jadine can learn from this.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Jabor posted:

And G2 was actually lost because the guy totally forgot that Bloodsoaked Champion actually has a text box and isn't just a 2/1 for 1.
I thought that Bloodsoaked Champ was Exiled?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Dr. Stab posted:

Hold for years.
Hold it till the next millenium. Once it's a cultural artifact and a good Magic card, you will have all the value.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Destroying valuables for kicks has got to be the most over-indulgent thing I've heard of in a good while.

That, and the circle-jerk back-patting that people who do it engage in, as if they've somehow done something noteworthy or requiring of effort or skill.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I hope being all cool and detached from human emotion is working out for you, though.
Disgust is an emotion.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Let's add "Flip and Rip is stupid and a waste of money" to the M:TG Bingo Sheet, shall we?
So, is the bingo sheet opinions the thread basically disagrees with, or poo poo that just keeps getting retread over and over?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Attorney at Funk posted:

As far as old timey deck names go I've always been partial to The Baron Harkonnen.
I gotta know, what deck went around with this name?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Mortimer posted:

Emrakul can be oblivion ring'd. The only thing that can stop yawgmoth is the combined power of pre-mending planeswalkers and a ton of powerful artifacts.
Actually, was Yawgmoth himself super-powerful, or was it just his army?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Kasonic posted:

If I remember correctly just his appearance on Dominaria instantly drained the life from the nearby Coalition armies and resurrected them as zombies.
Now we need Chocorojo to clear this up.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Triple Land Treasure Cruise. That was a beating, but I really enjoyed the stream.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

UberJew posted:

I had forgotten how unbelievably infuriating the glacial pace of every fucker who plays online is. While it is an available resource the game is not in fact challenging you to end the match with the least amount of time on the clock possible while pondering the incredibly complicated issue whether to use your savage punch (the only card in your hand) on the only legal target on the board to swing for lethal you ridiculously rude slowrolling motherfuckers.
I thought this was because every single person on MODO is multi-queueing, so that they can suck at multiple card games at once.

I have only played MODO once, but I was called a "luck-sack" twice in a half-hour period for holding a kill spell while my opponent was slow-playing their way to a 0-2 waste of tickets.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Rinkles posted:

Can spirit planeswalkers be a thing?
I wanna say that a spark can only reside in a living, sentient host, which is why there arent a bunch of cockroach and deer planeswalkers.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
The best part is if they opened exactly none after doing that.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Angry Grimace posted:

The thing that's dumb is that in Limited its not like you can somehow finagle an empty board on turn seven. I just played him and got chumped by that one mana dork with 2 mana regeneration until his fliers pinged me to death.
It exists to that you can have the immense satisfaction of tearing it in half. I once got a foil Mindreaver from a pack for Sealed, and it met that exact fate.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

I Love You! posted:

Having 11 lands by turn 11 of a game in draft is generally not a good sign. Having 11 lands by turn 11 of the next game is probably also not good. I think I need to change up my strategies because this one just isn't working out. Any suggestions that don't involve tearing off my own hands? I don't think I need them anymore.
Mana Weave, then shuffle. It doesn't have to be truly random, just random enough that you have no idea what you are drawing. Let your opponent shuffle for you just for the extra blindness.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
News Flash: Restore Balance deck beats UR delver, every time.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Boxman posted:

Holy poo poo that is just amazingly bad art.
I'm genuinely not seeing what's bad about it. It looks like a robot. Not particularly cool, but what makes it bad?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Treasure Cruise is OP. They should ban Gitaxian Probe to deal with it.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Amen to that. Dreamblade looked awesome. Everything was so weird and cool.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Kraus posted:

If the collectable aspect of this game were banished, I wouldn't mind at all. Here's a new set! Buy the whole drat thing for X dollars! Buy it multiple times for copies! Stores can still open the packages and sell singles!
You should look into Android: Netrunner. Or just Netrunner, as it's usually called. Or really just everything by Fantasy Flight Games. They have a different business model than WotC, and buying an expansion gives you an automatic playset of each card in that set. It's just that there are more expansions and fewer cards in each, but lot's of people seem to be loving Netrunner and its cousins, so go nuts.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Yeah, China continues to morph into this weird sci-fi dystopia.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

AgentSythe posted:

Scars/Innistrad standard loving owned
If you banned Delver of Secrets and Ponder, then yes it did.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Jeskai Aggro continues dominating on the SCG stream. David Shiels playing competently.

Edit: Mantis Rider continues being just a bit better than this Standard environment can deal with.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

qbert posted:

I feel like it's tough to complain about Mantis Rider when Siege Rhino continues to be an "okay I just win now" card.
That's easy enough to answer: I haven't seen Abzan in action yet, due to not having an LGS to go to for a bit while I move.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Welp, Abzan on camera now. Maybe I'll have a new card to whine about.

Going against the Ascendancy combo, so this....may not be the best matchup to really watch to see how AbzRange works against most decks.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I don't know why that image is so table-breakingly massive, but it seems that Chamale is inordinately proud of ripping a piece of cardboard in half.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Chill la Chill posted:

He's OK. The few times I've played him at Roanoke was fine - Todd Anderson is much worse. I just pity him because of that grinder story and how much he lost to become a real wizard.
I don't believe I am familiar with this story.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Hey, you guys, you're not allowed to run Griselbrand anymore because he died.
Isn't this a thing that actually happens in L5r?

Wadjamaloo posted:

There is a difference between appreciating the mythology or knowing it, and caring about it. I don't think I have met a single person that actually cares about the magic story.
A good friend of mine did quit the game because it got too silly, at one point. He still hates the thought of squirrel tokens actually being a thing. I know that's not exactly the same as quitting due to story, but atmosphere really does matter to some people. A ton of players want to run with "badass" or "cool" or "unique" creatures. I mean, look at people who have "pet" decks. Usually, it's not for gameplay reasons, but because they like murdering people with goats or minotaurs or else summoning "THE BIGGEST MONSTER" or what-have-you.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Also lmao if you think the police would give two shits about your missing Puca Points if the operators ever just cut and run.
Actually, law enforcement people I know tend to take fraud and the like very seriously.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I saw mysterious other worlds, I have ever since I was a child. Other worlds like those the exiled Mardu shaman Sarkhan claims to see in his visions. They are probably dreams and don't mean anything. After all, Sarkhan is a crazy person.
To be fair, Sarkhan is proven unstable.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
This image.

Did he really get a four-year suspension? Did he NOT realize Bertoncheaty already ate through the DCI's patience for cheating?

Edit: Also, I think I understand why Wizards didn't drag their feet on this punishment. Apparently internet bullies were threatening him and his girlfriend. A lot of people were ready to digitally lynch this rear end in a top hat before the DCI suspended him. I mean, people were ready to call his base to get the military to fire him.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 24, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Myriad Truths posted:

What was said was that we knew the character but 'maybe' didn't know the name. I think it's the mask planeswalker from DotP that they did an Uncharted Realms for.
I have no idea to whom you are referring.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I was misreading Feldon. He just became much better to me.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Toshimo posted:

I don't know if the worst thing is that Freyalise is unplayable garbage or that they let some 8 year old fingerpaint her art.
Red alert everyone: Toshimo doesn't like a thing.

But really, after Guay does art on a card, do you really think many others could measure up? And I think the art looks great, so I don't know what you're even on about. As for playability, whatever it's green and has card draw

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

mango sentinel posted:

What's weird is, looks like she has faun legs for no reason. I mean, I guess if you're a planeswalker you can just do that kind of thing if you want I guess.
Well, she is a half-elf, so maybe the elf half of her comes from Lorwyn?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
ftfy

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I guess forging things in stones is a Thing on Zendikar. And she's the first Commander-walker to kinda protect herself.

Also, she's not immediately a 4-of in every single Legacy deck. Which is totally okay.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

suicidesteve posted:

You don't know anything! I want every new card to be a 4-of in vintage. I could actually see playing this as a 1-of in legacy Stoneforge decks.
Does Legacy actually play anything that costs 5 like that card though? I mean, I don't keep up with Legacy apart from maybe watching a stream or two occasionally.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

C-Euro posted:

What are Kor, anyway? White elves humans?
ftfy

C-Euro posted:

What makes them special?
They're just another race of beings out there, in Magic cosmology. I heard one guy with the theory that they're humans who become so aspected to White mana they take on the color, which also explains where the Vedalken come from.

For reference, the Vedalken are literally just blue people. Some of them have four arms, but that's a mutation special to Mirrodin and occasionally Ravnica's Simic guild.

Dear god I'm a nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
That misses allmost defenders. It's got a lot of utility, I think, packed below the surface.

• Locked thread