Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Suaimhneas posted:

Hahaha what, no way. At least in HW you're way faster than it, in SS it's a constant struggle just to keep up with the loving thing, and it's much harder to hit the toes without taking damage from the stomps. It's still a lovely boss in HW but it's ten times worse in SS.

In SS you never have to deal with the feet, you can always just jump on top of its head.

Your inability to do that in HW is a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RyokoTK posted:

I think the weird part is how they usually end in the character staring at you with their big anime eyes. I just killed a thousand bad guys, now my waifu loves me.

"Da-Darunia-kun" :blush:

Wizzro's is the best though because he just steals your loving soul.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Speculation time

Right and left look like Shiek and Impa, and I'll bet they're just the OoT designs.

The Skull Kid costume is weird though, it doesn't really seem to map to any of the characters. Maybe Young Link since its doing that whole mask on the side of the head thing he has going on?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, checking it I would bet cash money

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Pokemon seems like a poor fit for this kind of game. There's so little variety in enemies and so many pokemon it seems like a nightmare to try to animate.

Though it would be hilarious, and there are a lot of mechanisms they could co-opt. Like focus spirit being Mega Evolution...

I'd be more happy with a more in depth Conquest 2 though. Especially if they could give it some more depth, maybe give more than one attack per pokemon etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I wonder how long Young Link gets to remain in Fierce Deity mode, because that mode looks really strong. Also, Tingle looks like he's gonna have an air string for juggling so that's cool. Hopefully it'll come early enough in his weak combo to be useful on captain/PC weakpoint gauges.

Its almost definitely his Focus Spirit, much like Ghiraham turns into his true form for his etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Out of the available Master Quest and Twilight Princess packs, is one of them considered better than the other?

Master Quest has the weapon unlocks for the villain characters and isn't stupidly hard like some of the Twilight pack.

On the other hand, Twilight Midna is one of my favorite characters to play as in the game. Her attacks are so satisfying.

I'd personally say its a toss-up based on what you want more of. And if you ever want to seriously use Wizzro, Cia and Volga. The Link and Zelda weapons you get for each are both about as great, but Zelda arguably needs hers more since a lot of people have trouble with the Rapier/Baton while Link is swimming in great weapons already.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The C3 of the gauntlets always instant breaks argarok for me if I do it twice, would that work?

He's honestly the easiest big boss for me.

Yeah, Agarok being weak to lightning makes it trivial for the Gauntlet/Book/Harp etc. to absolutely wreck him.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Does the weapon you are using effect what weapons are likely to drop? Or can i just do this as one character and eventually I'll have a weapon for everyone

You always get a guarenteed drop of whatever weapon you're using. All other weapon drops are entirely random, though they're skewed a bit by the difficulty of the map (harder maps usually drop better weapons and vice versa). And I'd say about half the maps require a specific character anyways, so you really can't get away without using almost everyone if you want to complete the maps. Excepting the DLC characters of course, you can totally ignore them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So, Darunia's level 3. Any tips?

So far its the only map I've actually gotten below an A on two conditions (time, damage) and so the solution doesn't seem to be just dodging better. That loving gangbang of Moblins at your base takes forever to kill and they can just pile the hurt on if you lose track of one of them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I still think Volga is the worst loving NPC to fight. His weak gauge lasts for like half a second when it pops up at all considering about half his combos don't trigger it. Also he's fast, has a ton of combos that hit everything around him and can go into his invincible dragon mode to waste all the loving time he wants.

Zant is a close second, mostly because his weak point is easiest to reveal by letting him slam you for a ton of damage so he doesn't cancel his crazy-meter builders early. Which is such a dick move.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How does one get 8 slots on a weapon?

Luck.

Only tier 3 weapons can have eight slots. Having a weapon with a Slots+ augment skews the chance higher, as does the slots increasing potion you can buy at the apothecary. If you want to skew it towards any particular weapon, whatever weapon you complete a map with will always be one of the ones dropped. So beating a map with Link's Gauntlets will always net you a Gauntlet of some variety. Tougher maps mean the weapon is more likely to be higher tier.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Gauntlet Link is my jam.

Other than that, Wind Waker Zelda, Naginata Impa, Ganondorf and Twili Midna.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So what skulltulas do I need to get the first reward map? I have all of the skulltulas in Legend Mode except the one on the last stage, but I'd still be missing two more illustrations. What am I missing?

You get the hard mode Skulltulas from the first two stages. They need you to play as a specific character with a specific weapon on Hard or Hero difficulty.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Young Link, Tingle, and Great Fairy aren't that fun.

Great Fairy just feels so slow because the model is so big, going anywhere feels annoying as hell.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I like basically every Link weapon except the swords. I dunno, all his other poo poo feels like it flows better and his sword range feels limited.

He is definitely my go-to guy for tough maps you can use anyone in though. He's also about 20 levels higher than anyone else for me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Wait, Zant is actually good now? I refuse to believe you crazy people.

No, seriously, try him out.

His C2 wrecks big boss gauges. He's like an actual competent character now.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

So what did they buff on Zant?

Everything.

His C2 breaks boss weakness gauges, his crazy bullets are actually worth using, more invincibility during his finishers, you can dodge out of the loving wallmaster slam and his weak point smash is now tied for the best in the game with Ganondorf/Gauntlet Link etc in terms of damage.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Kin posted:

I'm in the same situation. how often can you use it in succession? I'm assuming that the spinner also has a * rating and you have to grind it out until you can get a 5* version?

Once per day.

Once you unlock the Spinner though it shows up as a random drop like normal weapons, albeit all three tiers are automatocally unlocked like Epona/Dominion Rod/the DLC chars. And the Link Amiibo just gives you a random Link weapon after the initial unlock, mine has never given me a Spinner after the basic one. They do tend to skew higher stars/tier than the generic Amiibos which just give you either any random weapon or some amount of ruppees between 1 and 50k.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

enojy posted:

All he needed was that little boost of power to be my favorite character. He's so nutty; the way he opens chests, his "YOU!" when you activate focus attack, laying down for a nap by bending 90 degrees at the knees... I almost want to play Skyward Sword, now.

Skyward Sword is a good game, but Zant's from Twilight Princess.

Skyward Sword gave us Fi and Ghiriham. Also the best Zelda and Groose.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cloofish posted:

Good GRIEF was Darunia's L3 mission insane. I mean, it was definitely fun, but I constantly felt like I was a minute late to everywhere I needed to be.

But now that that's over with, it's just smooth sailing from here on out, right? ...right? :ohdear:

It depends.

Only mission I really had issues with after that on the original map was Lana's level 3 gate, but I eventually just forged a guard break potion and beat it no issue.

That's in the realm of the easier maps for the DLC though :unsmigghh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Levels are a much bigger deal than you guys seem to think.Getting to level 200 can give a character more than double the attack you can get from a fully maxed out weapon as most people max out at 900 some attack from levels alone while 5 star, tier three weapons only get up to 450 if you have the secret skill.

Most individual levels aren't worth much, but they're worth a hell of a lot in aggregate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I feel like Zelda's level 2 and 3 Baton missions gave me stockholm syndrome or something, I genuinely now do better with the baton than almost any weapon in the game (barring only the Gauntlets). I even do better with it than with what is probably objectively her best weapon, the Dominion Rod.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Cannot wait for the LEGEND OF ZEL starring Prince Zel and the Hero Linkle.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Zant should not be in great unless he got even further bonuses after that buff patch on WiiU. He got bumped up to usable, not better than most of the cast.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Where can I get Monster Horns to upgrade Toon Link and Skull Kids combos? I got one from somewhere, but I can't find more and its bothering me to have gimped attack sets.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Fi isn't bad but she feels goddamn bad. Even when her damage is good it doesn't feel powerful and that sucks.

Yeah, feeling matters a lot in this game.

Of course you can train yourself to anything. As I learned well by slamming my head against the Wind Waker level 2 unlock on WiiU, which made the Wind Waker go from my worst to my best weapon in the game.

:shepicide:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I really wish Rapier Zelda had a better 'kill lots of mooks' move. Its actually pretty good at dealing with everything else so far, but that mission you have to A rank in the bottom of the Adventure map to get access to the Great Fairy was absolutely miserable because its tight and she doesn't just naturally clear out a lot of mooks while you're bursting down a Captain or whatever.

I had to actually go and farm two keeps to barely squeak over the KO requirement before Fi died.

I really wish I had the Dominon Rod or Wind Waker for that one.

EDIT: Wait... I'm pretty sure that used to be the Wind Waker level 2 unlock map.

huh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's now the Skyward Sword Zelda skin unlock map which is a way better prize.

Agreed, I put that costume on and never take it off.

Skyward Sword Zelda is the best Zelda.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Hoooooly poo poo, gently caress these "kill both commanders" missions. APPARENTLY this mission is "level 3", but i've been failing it with a lv45 Zelda for the last two hours. No matter where i go, no matter what i do, every action i take buffs the other army. Kill a yellow dude? High morale for red. Take over a red fort? Yellow gets reinforcements.
Add to that that these captains take at least 90 seconds to focus down each, and i have time for nothing on this map. Every time, i end up with both armies on high morale and several named captains rampaging towards my HQ 5 minutes in. Every time.
Can't take a step away from my leader, because the time between "critical alert!" and "commander ded" is apparently a whole 10 seconds.

I even have a 5-star rank two weapon for Zelda, what the gently caress do you expect from me here, game???

Yeah that was the old level 2 Wind Waker unlock which meant doing it with a level 1 Wind Waker on WiiU. :shepicide:

It honestly isn't that bad though. I usually wipe out the yellow commander by the start then head to the middle and kill Wizzro ASAP. Then take out Volga and the buffed Shield Moblins before they get in the base by intercepting them in front of it. By then the Yellow fiery aerelflos leader should be heading towards you so go and take him out.

Then just rack up your KOs on some keeps and you should have enough time to kill Ghiraham. The Rapier special attack absolutely wrecks him and he takes very little time to burst down.

Also consider the Dominion Rod or Wind Waker if you're having trouble. Wind Waker destroys Aerolflos with lightning attacks and you can juggle people basically forever with it. Dominion rod helps you rack up incidental kills so you can focus solely on the commanders and is super safe to attack with since you have so much distance.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 9, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Any general tips for getting enough kills to get A-ranks in the first Adventure mode map in HW Legends? I've finished Legend mode already, I just need to start actually unlocking and beating levels on the map so I can get more/better weapons and more characters. I can usually avoid damage and finish fast when I play right, but I don't know the kill requirements for most of the maps I've unlocked, and I often have a difficult time actually locating big clusters of enemies to mow down (or when I do find a cluster, only a few of them spawn in).

Kill requirement is almost universally 1200 unless its a KO race or rack up the KO map.

Usually you get there by clearing neutral keeps when you can, using your fairy magic in large groups (it is the only attack that can hit unrendered enemies) and farming keeps by purposefully not killing the boss.

You can usually get 2-300 KOs in the final keep alone if thats the end goal of the map just as collateral from whaling on the boss.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

New3DSXL.I've tried using my fairy nuke, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem to really do much or score many KOs - just damage enemies to the point of near-death.

I might try this, though - that's not a bad idea. What I probably should do is slow down a bit - I tend to clear the maps a little too fast, and that's probably what's hurting me.

Is your fairy wearing clothing that boosts its damage?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also the bow is the easiest way to cheese 'all attacks are devestating' stages.

And if you go a whole stage without using a regular attack you get a medal.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

coffeecup posted:

I missed that part of the stream, only saw sand wand, train powers, and toon Zelda. What else?

New Adventure map.

Toon Zelda looks great, I've literally wanted Ghost Zelda in the game since day 1.

Spirit Tracks is amazingly charming and I'm glad its getting some representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Good to know that the DLCs come with significant enough content that there's actually something new and fun to do with the characters you're getting

If this game ever had an issue it was not 'too little content'.

The game is ridiculously packed before any of the DLC, and the DLC makes it overwhelming.

• Locked thread