Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

That's at least $70 of the value you aren't using. A shameful dickeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A little late but that thing was barely custom. It was a Tallgeese II with III's shoulds and I's legs.

Put some effort into Tallgeese it's only THE BEST UNIT.

It did have III's gun though, but yeah I'd love to see a tallgeese that's a legit custom.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

All meijin gunpla have maxed-out TOTAL INTENSITY stats

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Really hoping they don't gently caress up Gyanko with forced overexposure deadpool style

Also lmao at thinking Yuuma is being played as anything close to a straight dramatic arc. Motherfucker literally was screaming about how nobody understands my paiiiin over tiny plastic robots. This is one of those situations where a good dub is the best way for the melodramedy to illustrate itself.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

I think the bigger thing to take from it is that more organic field changes than someone pushing a button to cause a sudden shift can now be a thing, since if it was suggested earlier in the episode that the forest stage was actually inside a colony, I sure missed it.

When it loads you can see the far side of the cylinder.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm just interested in how Simon is going to turn the Destiny Gundam, a unit built to be well-rounded in terms of melee and ranged combat, into a unit who's main form of combat is boxing.

The Destiny has beam cannon hands, dude.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I'm kinda hoping that the fight is won by them pairing off but then swapping out their "obvious" rivals, e.g. Sekai trades out fighting Sleggar for punching pay2win in the face, Fumina out-coreboostering sleggar, and Yuuma shooting the victory. Cliche, yes, but it would be at least a slight concession to the idea of teamwork.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Based on the VAs (and the name) the dude who showed up in the stinger is the same dude who wrecked Yuuma's poo poo way back in the episode 2 flashback.

Which is weird because he looks literally nothing like what we saw of edgeman back then.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

HGUC Hyaku Shiki is old as poo poo, this isn't actually that weird.

A character from last season was a world tournament veteran using a 1/144 Tallgeese, and it wasn't one of the "incredible master builder" characters either. Kit age has seemingly never been relevant outside of the one gag with Ral's antique gouf if the builder is competent.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Yuuma being the best builder has kind of been kaput for a while, seeing how the winning is so heavily customized that it's essentially a scratch-built model, compared to the Lightning.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

I was just thinking about the speculation on Star Winning Gundam. If the conversion into HG is going to be a thing, what if instead of small plastic connector joints coming out of the bigger joints, what if the limbs just detach, rearrange, and are connected by pure plavsky? If they were capable of damaging things, that would be the most unstoppable gimmick I can think of.

Though the giant combining robo would still be the raddest, and thematically fit the best in the climax of a team fighting show.

Star Winning fighting like a toy robot version of Monsoon would be acceptable.,

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Maybe its just because I find myself so refreshed by G reco's "keep up or gently caress off" approach to exposition that its soured me on anime writing in general, but holy poo poo the show needs to drop the habit of repeatedly stating the same goddamn thing multiple times within a few minutes of each other.

That said I hope we have more scenes of Sugita being Sugita in the coming episodes, and kid nemesis better live up to his role.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Gearhead posted:

I'm hoping for a vocal theme.

I'm just hoping that the ZZZ transformation function is activated by all three pilots dramatically smashing a holographic button under a holographic glass plate.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

My biggest criticism of sekai is that he legit feels like a side character who got swapped into the MC position of the show at the last second and they didn't bother to fill in enough of his backstory for his new position to make sense

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Sekai is basically Pocoloco from Steel Ball Run except as the protagonist instead of a minor comic relief character and even the animators are getting fed up trying to push him as anything else.

e: like seriously this is probably the worst episode so far after a run of really good to decent ones because Sekai literally has nothing to him other than "punch mans," to the point that they had to use stock footage of an earlier part of the episode because they ran out of things to say about him.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 26, 2015

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Im just hoping that now Junya is dealt with we can leave Sekai for now and focus on Fumina being the actual main characthahahaha of course that's not going to happen, is it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Like legit though its so loving obvious looking at the show as it is that Fumina is supposed to be the lead, I'm fairly certain that Sekai is only there to keep the manchildren from freaking out over a GIRL main character in their robot show for small children.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

"Why do you keep writing about other gundam shows? 12 year-olds can't afford blu-rays and they don't need to know the source to think the toy looks cool! Cut all this stuff and put in more punching."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I want someone to show up with a scratchbuilt konig monster with a v-fin on and get into an argument with the IP judges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

P. sure that licensing is the only reason we haven't seen MG goku yet after all

• Locked thread