Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nuuds P00dle posted:

For glory mode is nothing but little macs all day

It was really inevitable when you can only play on a stage that plays to his strengths in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Warlock Punch has super-armor. :getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nut Better posted:

Just to put it another way, the picture is filled in at the spot where the individual credit disappeared. So if you have one spot left on the picture to fill in, you have to smash a credit just as it's covering that spot.

Which is a giant pain when it's a tiny sliver.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah maybe I should mention that I always play with customs 'cause it's my favourite thing introduced to Smash Bros ever, so my Little Mac is at +23 Attack, +44 Defence and +3 Speed.

Seriously everybody, load up on Defense and Attack equipment for Intensity 9. The game is basically cheating at that level so you need every edge you can get.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Biodome posted:

I played a bowser in for glory and all he did was the suicide grab thing.

The Right Way to play Bowser.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Listen to that guy Kirby owns.

Not to mention that Kriby's five jumps means that he has a real easy time with knocking down people once they get off the stage.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

There's little chance that custom moves are going to get banned in tournaments.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's probably a good idea to go for the items.

The Pow Block clears the screen pretty easily, and the Ray gun gives you a nice bit of distance kills.

Even the Smart Bomb is best grabbed to at the very least keep it away from the Miis

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

hot sauce posted:

Will there be a quick way for people to load up their customized characters or will each player have to spend time creating a character before the match?

If your custom character is premade on the 3DS it takes literally one extra button press to select it. If it's not then it's still really fast.

For the WiiU version it's been established that you cantransfer over your custom characters from the 3DS version. S

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How on earth is it easier to run a tournament for the WiiU version, where the person running it will have to aquire several TVs, WiiUs, copies of the game, complete with save files that have everything unlocked; then the 3DS version, in which the tournament organizer just needs to set up a building and everyone in it can bring their own 3DS's

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TechnoSyndrome posted:

When there's going to be a console version that you can actually make out your character in, other people can spectate/commentate on, and players can use the controller they've been using for the last thirteen years instead of the awful 3DS controls that don't even have a right stick? No, I don't.

That's a pretty dumb thing to think.

There's no reason there won't be tournaments for both version.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pikachu is hilarious for Trophy Rush.

Spam Thunder every moment.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This would stand out as the worst kiss in Captain Falcon's life.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mabels big day posted:

Look at his rear end.

Captain Falcon's perfect body is the best part of Smash Bros

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mercury Crusader posted:

To be fair, at the time of its release there weren't very many sidescrolling platformers made, and most weren't very good. Super Mario Bros. wasn't out until a year later.

There were sidescrolling platformers before Super Mario Bros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Classic.

• Locked thread