Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So did Nyssa have to wreck an entire airport to get to Starling this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Well that just happened.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Flabbergasted Diggle is the best :allears:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I'd say that Arrow handles Ollie's progression in two stages: first, there's the flashback arcs, which directly handle Ollie's progression as a fighter and show how he got his skillset. In the Starling storyline, however, Ollie has more or less peaked, with his advances in combat ability largely being handled via his use of newer trick arrows; instead, the focus there is on Ollie's progression as a human being. When Ollie returned from the island, he was a massive piece of poo poo with absolutely no regard for human life. In his mind, there was only the mission. While Ollie is unarguably still a bad person, he's slowly but surely become less of a monster, and the focus of this season seems to be finally letting Ollie be a human being alongside being the Arrow.

Even Oliver is subject to the law of diminishing returns

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Scyantific posted:

WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST WATCH :psyboom: :psyboom: :psyboom:

This is the second time in 24 hours I've screamed at my TV. Thanks CW!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Merlinicus posted:

Your heart is on the side of the chest he was not stabbed in. So just a lung got punctured.

You find many emergency surgeons hanging out on obscure mountains? I'm sure Ollie can just walk off that punctured lung and multiple broken bones. NBD

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Ollie needs a new list. Only this one has a list of psychologists/ therapists for him to go talk to.

Dr. Quinn
Dr. Strange
Dr. Hurt
Dr. Crane
Dr. Psycho
Dr. Sofen
Dr. Samson
Dr. Bong
Dr. Faustus

No fuckin way, there is a Dr. Bong? That loving owns.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sober posted:

It's apparently possible that Supergirl, despite airing on CBS, will be able to crossover with Arrow and Flash. Awesome.

CW is a joint venture between CBS and WB

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Which probably still isn't quite as bad as that episode of Life where they get a kid to play Prince of Persia to unlock secret financial records.

Jesus spoiler that poo poo or something man, I didn't need these PTSD flashabcks

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Seriously where the gently caress did Magic Herbs come from? No one answered my question about that.

They grew on the island, I think we got introduced to them when Yao Fe shoved some down Ollie's throat.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

God drat Willa Holland put some pants on that's totally distracting. YESSSSSSSSS SLADE

I was never quite sold on Cynthia Addai-Robinson on Spartacus but I really like her as Waller.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 12, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If I remember right as part of the 1st season when Lance was trying to track down the Arrow they mentioned that they had sourced some of the parts (the shaft maybe?) but that it was just going to Queen Consolidated Applied Sciences.

RIP that bow. That thing owned.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This is a crime of stupid proportions. Once again the Gods see fit to ram cock in loving rear end

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

Like it's not going to be Felicity

You could see that tumblr explosion from space

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Just catching up, Laurel jumping off the loving building with no hope but Oliver grabbing her is pretty impressive.

That made me groan pretty loud. For some reason I just do not like Laurel as The Black Canary. The nightstick is just stupid compared to Sarah's staff. That and her pose with the staff behind her back just seemed more...competent? I dunno.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Scyantific posted:

What does Oliver call himself in that promo? I understood the first part "Al-Shaheed" but what was that second part? Also people are already flipping out about how that lady at the end might be Talia.

When I plug that name into google it hits on The Marytr's memorial which seems kinda lovely considering Roy is probably getting shanked in prison on Oliver's behalf.

Maybe a native speaker can clarify if that's accurate? Or if it's this http://islamqa.info/en/11194 I'm going to laugh my rear end off.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Crixus was always kinda a dick

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

It's not like I think Manu Bennett is actually a dick or something, I don't know the guy it's just funny.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

There are references to 52 all over the place. The new channel they watch, the number listed on the wall of no lunch supermax. There are a bunch if you look.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Valeyard posted:

Dexter is also dipped real low and then trended upwards towards the end.

This has to be a troll...right?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The League of Non-Violent Assassins: We'll still kill you but its more like euthanizing an old dog rather than shoving a sword through your chest which admittedly hasn't been as effective lately.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So did wildcat just get punched straight off the call sheet for filming or what? He seemed pretty cool, then very gone.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ms. Houseknecht can invade my country on a ricepowered Vespa any time she wants :colbert: I am kinda confused though she has the same or a very similar accent as what she used on Spartacus then I go and watch something like that.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I did not know that Jai Courtney was playing Captain Boomerang in the Suicide Squad movie. Somehow Varro from Spartacus ended up being the most successful how did that happen?! I can't be the only one who thinks this looks retarded right? http://io9.com/behold-the-suicide-squad-in-the-flesh-including-harley-1701914463

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

She's got some cans, it's just the Scorpius suit.

THANK YOU. Holy poo poo I totally couldn't place why Laurels suit was setting off so many bells.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I've never seen the Starling City flag. No flag no country :colbert:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

It seemed like Maseo's mask only existed to make Katana's look less poo poo.

It failed.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I still think DC gets more poo poo than they deserve. My bet is that WB is making all these hosed up decisions. If WB tells DC they're going to do something them DC has to do it. If WB wants a movie with DC characters then they get it. Nor do they give a gently caress about existing shows. Even if the flash movie is a total bomb it will still generate more money than a wildly successful show.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Spergatory posted:

Even if the movie makes negative money?

Due to the magic of Hollywood accounting everything makes negative money. A particularly egregious example would be Harry Potter. On paper the entire franchise lost money. When the studios get sued for things that would require them to open their books they'll always settle. Even if it totally flatlines in the US they'll still make the money back in international distribution, product licensing

Oracle posted:

Trust me, DC deserves everything they get and then some. They have made some seriously bone-headed moves in the past oh, fifteen years or so.

Check your PMs

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 26, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

How many times can Sarah be not dead and Olive know but not think its a good idea to tell her family. Wonder what the excuse will be this time around.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Its Martouf from SG-1 :unsmith:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I kind of hope they minimize crossovers going forward, neither show needs it to thrive and they really don't mix well for all the reasons you describe

barry's scene in nanda parbat was some bad poo poo, man

If I recall that scene was necessary because of the scheduling that caused The Flash and Arrow to be out of sync with each other. The producers weren't happy about it either. Ollie showing up in Central was as dumb as Barry showing up in Nanda Parbat. The actual crossover episode was fantastic, except for the part where they just fought then magically caught the guy and high fived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Not being a DC comics guy I get the sense that Firestorm maybe weird to incorporate to not WIN EVERY FIGHT USE FIRESTORM.

Thats the kind of thing you just have to ignore. Just like you have to ignore that when Barry punches someone at Mach 1 it doesn't liquefy both Barry and the person on the other end of the punch.

• Locked thread