Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do you sometimes feel irritable? Restless? Uneasy? Sad? Normal? Or just-plain not high? Maybe it's time to try American Dad.

American Dad may cause shivers, night terrors, gay-for-pay, heart palpitations, homicidal paranoia, or the sensation that you're on fire.

Peeing blood and seeing friends faces as talking skeletons are possible side-effects of American Dad.

People who use American Dad may also experience five-to-seven years in prison, where brutal raping may occur.

If you experience one or more of these side-effects, consult your dealer. You may need more American Dad.

someone loop this 3-4 times and scroll the text over it, that would then be looped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://i.imgur.com/6jK9ory.mp4

E: now with one more loop to make the text a bit slower.

I was thinking vertical scroll like starwars, but this works too. It is the refined perfection of the joke in a different way.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

if Francine wasn't my mama, lord you know I'd try to bone...

DALLE are you reading this thread? Why did you give me a Francine Steve monster?

If you just put Francine smith in you it maps her to a real person and not a cartoon if anyone wants to play with that. I couldn't get it to do anything interesting.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 22, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I like how the left eye has eyes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Richard Showalter is a roger name

He'd pronounce is show - alter and be a producer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Isn’t it real again now?

I thought the joke was everyone knew and no one cares. Stan decides he likes pretending and keeps the wig. Maybe I fever dreamed an alternate ending though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Titmouse animated American Dad would be... interesting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KifJy3BwF0

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Vakal posted:

My favorite B-Plot ending of the series will always be "Life... Dismissed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t84vqeggTE

Shows very rarely get this real.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Hey, dad, calling from my history class. So, who was president when you were a kid?

Oh, I don't know, I think about killing myself pretty frequently.

Right before this doesn't he describe in detail how he remembers people he's killed? Isn't there another episode where he's never killed anyone? Stan's just loving with Steve and his friends in the best way possible.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

I'm disappointed that URL (itwaswitches.com) doesn't go anywhere.

Fox did own that site at one point. No idea what they hosted

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If drugs seem like the solution usually you are on drugs in my experience.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Do you have any idea how much caffeine that would be? Each 15 liter bottle would be 2g of caffeine, 5-10g is considered lethal.

135mg per liter was used in this math.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What got me liking American Dad wasn't the show it was other people sharing clips of good parts and me realizing it wasn't just lovely 9/11 Family Guy that should have been axed when Family Guy was renewed. Which is what I'd always assumed it was prior. I think you have to get past the Family Guy problem. Is there even much overlap between Family Guy and American Dad fanbases?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Tear jerker is still amazing

The tour ends in my office?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Ugh, I forgot about the lucid dreaming one, that was just horrible.

Look at all the weird government and alien tech Steve sees. Is it that weird he's more gullible and thinks the world is just a bit more magic than it is?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Is roger that rapey? I dunno I don't think he'd do that to Steve. I mean he played a bang bus driver and even that guy wasn't that level of creepy, really wanted to get into the back of the van and on cam.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nope, not a finale, we're getting an episode called "The Three Fs" next Monday and every Monday after that till mid-December.

Going to be very confusing with several identically named episodes in a row. So like a 6 part finale?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nichael posted:

I only said they should lean even more into the show's overall voice. Though last night's episode did just that, so they're clearly doing it already. I think that's why the show has stayed so consistently good, it's really confident in the bizarre poo poo it's trying to say.

I like not knowing what to expect but once in the thick of it have an idea how the characters will react and this show delivers that every week.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

What episode was that bit in? Whatever episode it's in, I'm pretty sure I've only seen it once, because I can remember that the bit exists but not really the context or anything.

I think it's from Shark?! from May 2019. You can figure out what season that is for whatever service is numbering your seasons.

Can the internet just number them like the current owners do and we just stop the 4 different numbering systems? (I just made a 5th didn't I)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I feel like Klaus has just been calling people in the background and that's where his boys come from. He's the town gossip that just talks on the phone all day that no longer exists and has been replaced by terminally facebook grandparents. He's just been talking to them never told them he was a fish then when he finally meets them they've talked to him so long on the phone they just don't care he is Klaus!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

Lewis and his friend drinking skull vodka straight from the bottle was a nice touch.

Also props to them because that poo poo is horrid.

I need a drink!
Nice try kid

Kinda wanted Steve to inhale then spit take the vodka.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

I do love when they mention that the opening is a real thing that happens every day to them. Which is kinda odd they never added Jeff in there.

or Rogu, Rogu just wants to talk slow and get love. Rogu wants to be an ET and Jar Jar hybrid.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nichael posted:

I would love something that analyzes why this show works, and is bizarrely consistent for an insane length of time.

It keep reinventing itself but keeping the core cast the same and true to their personalities. They've been talking up these parts of their lives that seem counter to their core since season one and now we suddenly just get told they weren't bullshitting. If we met Klaus's boys in season 9 it would have been lame. But season 19? Holy poo poo foreshadowing.

You have a lot of mostly predictable characters with Roger as a wild card for good and evil he is chaos. I don't think it works without him but I also think his role is to let the other characters shine. He brings out the best in them through terrible means.

do blog pod castings make money still? Should the thread make this deep dive?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Neeksy posted:

I'm a fan of how the hair moves right when the ball passes through his face and his hat falls off, it add JUST the right amount of detail to give a sense of force while also keeping the head stationary for the gag to sell.

I love the glasses breaking that's the selling detail of just enough going on but still simple enough to distract you from the delayed timing so you don't miss the joke. Like his head has a hole in it if you keep watching but enough stuff goes down your eyes follow. I think removing the hat ball or glasses would prevent this and ruin the joke.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

I'm guessing probably either have him speak another language entirely, or have him speak in a specific dialect of Japanese that they can mine humor from(like have him speak in really archaic Japanese like something a Samurai would have use back in the 19th century or earlier)

Talking like a samuarai and of honor would probably fit most of his jokes since most of the time characters pause listen to him then misunderstand it. Maybe he can talk in riddles. You'd have to rewrite the other characters dialog but given how often they go counter to Toshi he's got to be hard to understand. Like a Boomhauer like take would work

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

And done cartoonishly so it's funny. They know where the line is.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

TheFattestPat posted:

Tuttle, you are a ghost and never told us? I thought we were all friends?!

I assume all the people that know that he saw the mafia hits weren't actually dead so he's dead now. Or we're going to ignore that joke and keep rolling.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

bull3964 posted:

They are holding them to their financial obligation of two more seasons.

Will those air on TBS? Who knows. They'll be made, where they finally end up is a big question. They could make them and shelve them, hoping to sell them off to someone else. They could air on Adult Swim instead of TBS. They could try to sell them back to Disney.

So, they will be made and hopefully we'll be able to see them someday. If Adult Swim didn't exist, I would say that they were more likely to try to shelve and sell since TBS doesn't seem like the right home for them anymore.

I do think regardless, it's probably going to be a larger gap than normal to see these last two seasons as they try to figure out how to extract maximum revenue from their airing. I just hope that the ball gets rolling on a transition to somewhere else prior to these two seasons getting completed or it will be an even larger gap, if ever, before the show comes back.

They are going to be 20 years worth of anniversary specials

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

was trying to figure out what this is, Roku Channel Weird al documentary, it's free. I assume American Dad gets a mention with Rabbitage or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kN1eHjyjM

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Billy like Rogu has such a slow voice it only works in small doses.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hey! Hayley didn't propose to Jeff! Jeff proposed to Hayley in 100 A.D. (the episode they made to celebrate 100 episodes of American Dad, but it was actually then 97th episode to air)! :argh: Boy I hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Also, speaking of continuity: Nerfer and Danuta appear to be living together, we know from a previous episode that Nerfer recently got married, clearly Nerfer and Danuta are now married. Sorry Klaus, probably time to stop making Danuta mix tapes, she doesn't have time to listen to them anyway she and her wife are too busy buying bats.

Maybe they are into it, all the bullshit Klaus says that is unbelievable typically come true.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I believe in Klaus! He wasn't lying about his boys, she's really into all his stuff off screen. You can't see her just out of frame hanging out all the time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This cat food will prevent me from floating away, buy the cat food Stan.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If something gets difficult with age just have the character get punched in the throat so it sounds different and get close but something easier to do. You don't need to keep hurting yourself. Marge's voice is a war crime.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Francine is a totally sane and stable individual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tVcFTXMdA

The best thing is she's reply to this with a shrug so what, and / or a belch. She owns it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I want to see Bullock have to team up with Francine and her do something so vile it shocks him.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Isn't it based off the original planter's peanut design? The blue base with the bright yellow top?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

This is something I touched on in the survey. I really like how they approach old ideas from new angles like Klaus and his obsession with stuff from his childhood in Germany that no one in the family has ever heard of.

Vhat?! You don't know the story of the Grenkelmaus und the Flea?

Klaus really crossed a line there it was a good episode and okay it's very Klaus never ever give Klaus more adjacency than the body a fish will allow. He's a loving monster. But also can you really blame him? Stan did kind of sit on his body until it rotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

you want to click through for sound anyway